UBB.threads
Posted By: all1knew period publications showing miniature daggers? - 08/11/2014 03:56 PM
Hello all,

Can anyone please share some period literature showing miniature daggers, maybe even a photo of one? Just wanted to know if there is some out there, thank you!

William Kramer
... interesting question, William.

Unfortunately I've never seen one. Hope there will be some insights. Thanks for this post.

Best;
Hermann
William I have not seen any literature for a miniature dagger either but sure some exists. As a side note I have always loved the miniature kid�s helmets and hope to pick up a nice example some day. Check out this little fellow he sure is decked out.

Attached picture Kinder-2.jpg
great photo, thank you!

Anyone else have a period image with a miniature in it?

Are they shown (even if illustrated) in period sales catalogs from dagger manufacturers?

William Kramer
Posted By: Dave Re: period publications showing miniature daggers? - 08/12/2014 02:21 PM
This is as close as I can get grin

Attached picture DSC00613.JPG
... wink

This brochure belongs to a friend of mine.

Best;
H.

Attached picture image.jpg
Thanks for posting, it's great to see the advertisements for these. I think mine might be post war, not sure.

Attached picture mini-bayo-envelope-opener1.jpg
William a few more images for you.

Attached picture Kinder-1.jpg
Attached picture Kinder-3.jpg
Tom:

Is that you walking down the street with the little piglet sticker?

John

Attached picture $_12.JPG
2.This is a pretty rare item here SMF catalog ..

Attached picture 5555555.jpg
Posted By: ORPO Re: period publications showing miniature daggers? - 09/02/2014 02:50 PM
Nice!

Here is an example of the distinctive SMF miniature bayonet along with some other examples.

Attached picture Mini KS98 with frog.JPG
Attached picture Mini KS98 with frog hilt.JPG
Attached picture Mini KS98 with frog reverse hilt.JPG
Attached picture Mini German bayonets.JPG
Originally Posted By: JohnZ
Tom:

Is that you walking down the street with the little piglet sticker?

John

Hmm perhaps this is me carrying/wearing all my booty on the walk back to the hotel from the SOS eek laugh
Posted By: ORPO Re: period publications showing miniature daggers? - 09/03/2014 02:44 PM
Damast,

Here is an example of the kiddie bayonet on a card shown in your advertisement.

Attached picture Kinder bayonet.JPG
Attached picture Kinder bayonet close.JPG
guys, thank you so much for all of this, amazing and exactly what I wanted to see!

William Kramer
It was interesting to see the period brochures, catalog pages and advertisements for miniatures.

Thanks
--dj--Joe
It was really interesting seeing the Alcoso Catalogue, here is the propeller with Luft Sword

Attached picture 268 German Min (6).JPG
© Your new forums