UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 02:57 AM
Recent pickup from a little old show in Monroeville Pennsylvania. Early slant Ernst Pack & Sohne. Dagger has all the features you would hope to get in an early Pack and then some. Type-1 Pack guard with nice hand enhancement showing some typical enhancements you see on some of these early Pack guards the punched eye the vertical lines inscribed on the eagles neck as well as the detail added to the upper wing spines and crossguard wreath. Fortunately the handwork follows through with extensive detail work to the pommel and scabbard bands again familiar work if you study Pack. The blade is very nice with most cross grain with the early mark in the lower position on the blade. The crossguard sports a beautiful period personalization of an officers last name Mänß I have hopes of attempting a research project on the officer.

Posted By: stingray Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 03:26 AM
Tom,that's amazing piece,you know I love it.
Congrats
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 05:39 PM
SWEET piece Tom! A true early beauty with a really nicely executed personalization. Rare and even more of a pleasure in hand as I can attest!! Congrats..Kevin.
Posted By: dr73 Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 10:39 PM
What a beautiful dagger! I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous smile

Danny
Posted By: stingray Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 10:45 PM
Danny,you are not alone grin grin
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/30/2013 11:54 PM

A thing of beauty and joy forever!!!

Very nice!!!

Rich
Posted By: Degens Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/31/2013 01:55 AM
Tom,
Exquisite Pack, that engraving is fantastic and I love the hand chaste work to the fittings.
That blade is unbelievable as well.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/31/2013 09:58 PM
Many thanks guys it’s a great amount of enjoyment for me to share these pieces and I appreciate everyone taking a look and commenting. I know why Ivan loves Ernst pack & Sohne edge weapons they certainly knew what quality was and how to deliver it. Thanks Ivan I know you could have acquired this dagger but choose to let me add it to my army collection its people like you who make this hobby worthwhile for me.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Pack-Slant-Army-Mänß - 10/31/2013 10:17 PM
The name could also be printed as Mänsz Thanks to my German friend for the help on the name!
© Your new forums