UBB.threads
Posted By: Oleg67 Later KM dagger, Eickhorn, hammered scabbard. - 09/18/2013 08:13 AM
Gentlemen,

I would like to show you my new addition, a nice later KM dagger by maker Eickhorn, with original knoted silver portepee and a hammered scabbard. The dagger is very well preserved. Please have a look at this beauty.

Kind regards,
Oleg.

Attached picture IMG_0001.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0002.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0003.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0004.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0005.JPG
More pics.

Attached picture IMG_0006.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0007.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0008.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0009.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0010.JPG
Some more pics.

Attached picture IMG_0011.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0012.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0017.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0019.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0021.JPG
Last pics.

Attached picture IMG_0023.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0024.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0025.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0026.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0027.jpg
Posted By: BOB C Re: Later KM dagger, Eickhorn, hammered scabbard. - 09/18/2013 10:55 AM
good looking dagger
Thank you, Bob.

KR,
Oleg.
beauty smile
Thank you, Paul.

Best regards,
Oleg.
Posted By: wotan Re: Later KM dagger, Eickhorn, hammered scabbard. - 09/18/2013 01:35 PM
A nice dagger. And very interesting to see such an early, mostly pre war, portepee attached on such a late in the war dagger. Perhaps the portepee did come from another, earlier dagger, when the dagger was bought by the owner, we will never know.
Also the configuration with the hammered scabbard is highly unusual with this late trademark.
Thank you for showing, regards,
Posted By: dr73 Re: Later KM dagger, Eickhorn, hammered scabbard. - 09/18/2013 01:41 PM
Beautiful dagger! Congretulations.

Danny
Thank you gentlemen.

KR,
Oleg.
... nice one.

Best;
Hermann
Hermann,

thank you once again.

Best regards,
Oleg.
Posted By: seany Re: Later KM dagger, Eickhorn, hammered scabbard. - 09/18/2013 10:31 PM
That sure is a nice dagger well done
A beauty. Just the right amount of patina and wonderfully conditioned. Absolutely love the early silver portepee.
Thanks for sharing
Best regards, Rick
Many thanks, Rick and Seany.

Best regards,
Oleg.
Originally Posted By: wotan
A nice dagger. And very interesting to see such an early, mostly pre war, portepee attached on such a late in the war dagger. Perhaps the portepee did come from another, earlier dagger, when the dagger was bought by the owner, we will never know.
Also the configuration with the hammered scabbard is highly unusual with this late trademark.

Wotan thank you for your opinion.
I also have an idea for the configuration "a late dagger-hammered scabbard-silver Portepee". The owner probably wanted to have an unusual, smart dagger. So he has ordered at own money a hammered scabbard and has procured a nice silver Portepee.
But as you have already said, we will exactly never know.

Regards,
Oleg.
Originally Posted By: wotan

... I think these silver bullion Portepees were still in stock, even later in the war. 'Ersatz', some say sea-water resistent, Portepees made from Perlon- the German Nylon- were really late-war examples.

Indeed, Eickhorns with this hammered scabbard configuration don't fall out of the trees very often, I like this variation.

Best;
Hermann
© Your new forums