UBB.threads
Hi All, I am 63 years old and I have been collecting TR daggers for a LONG time. At one point I had over 40 daggers in my collection. They are all gone now. I was/am an amateur collector, at best! I am HOPING that you good folk will take the time and effort to explain and show the difference between a slant grip and a normal grip. I have tried to compare daggers shown on this site and figure it out by myself but to no avail. If someone could post a photo or two and show them next to each other, it would be just great. I thank you all in advance. Peace, Mark
Hi,

please look at the grip on the right side, this is what is called a slant grip by collectors. Left one is a normal grip.

Best;
Hermann

Hello Hermann, Thank you for taking the time to show the difference. Its really not much of a difference is there. And here I thought there was some sort of trick that I was missing. Its only the slight "Slant" in the handle. Now I feel like a dummy. Well, at least I'll be a dummy that knows the difference between a slant handle and a normal one. AGAIN, Thanks. This is really a GREAT site and its people like you that make it so. Happy Hunting! Peace, Mark
Mark,
believe it or believe it not. On a show I stood in front of a slant grip and I didn't realized it.
So, welcome in the club. :-)
What you have asked is a valuable question, I'm happy that I was able to provide you w/ an explanation.
You're welcome, Sir.
Best;
Hermann
Once you know what youre looking at you can spot them from a distance .
© Your new forums