UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/05/2013 11:51 PM
A recent edition - I was fortunate to buy this from the family of the returning veteran. This early slant Ernst Pack & Sohne army has everything you could ever hope for on an early Pack. The guard is an early brass based type -2 you don’t see this crossguard often certainly much less then the Pack type-1. The pommel and scabbard bands are heavily enhanced by a talented engraver at the Pack factory you have seen his work before and quite unmistakable when viewed. The dagger overall is minty with no issues worth mentioning. The army came with some early hangers with brass based fittings and leather tops as you can see the top fitting has torn loose and gone to time. I have been promised a picture of the veteran when I receive it I will post it the picture will stay with the dagger while under my watch.

Posted By: stingray Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 01:01 AM
Wow Tom,that's simply stunning dagger in super nice condition.
I wish I could find a dagger like this to my collection,congrats.

Regards
Stingray
Posted By: Flyingdutchman Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 03:28 AM
Well done, nice dagger!
Best;
Hermann
Posted By: Mikee Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 04:26 AM
Those early E Packs are really something! Congratulations!
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 04:44 AM
Wow Tom, you said it was nice and you weren't kidding! Outstanding hand work, patina and a rare guard!! Just love it! CONGRATS on this find...Kevin.
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 05:28 AM
Great find, Tom!

John
Posted By: dr73 Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 06:24 AM
Wow, what a fantastic dagger! Congretulations.

Danny
Posted By: Landser Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/06/2013 05:36 PM
Hard to beat an early Pack. Outstanding dagger Tom!
The workmanship applied to them is superb. I love that pommel!
Almost enough to rekindle the love affair but for the fact that
daggers like this have all but dried up.

Damn I wish I had half your luck! wink

Congrats!
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/10/2013 03:03 AM
Thanks for looking guy's - VB your right these slants are becoming difficult to find but as John Z says the hunts part of the fun isn't it ? I was unsure of the condition when I bought this as the sellers pictures were very poor but the uncertainty quickly diminished when I pulled this out of the box ! Its a real pleasure to share with fellow collectors.
Posted By: pvon Re: Ernst Pack Sohne Early Slant Heer - 05/10/2013 02:03 PM
Tom

Thats a very nice dagger!

Has to be a hard to find trade mark!

I don't remember seeing it!

Good find!

PVON
© Your new forums