UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/10/2013 08:51 PM
Early E&F Horster Heer dagger. Dagger has a minty tapered tang blade with the early large maker mark. The Early type-1 Horster guard is loaded with lacquer as is the pommel & scabbard with remnants on the grip ferrule as well. Beautifully detailed hilt and scabbard fittings. The dagger came with one of the nicest sets of hangers I have encountered they have large amounts of lacquer clinging to the parts just like the dagger and match the condition of the dagger perfectly perhaps they are original to the dagger. This is the first of three daggers I will be posting that I picked up at the 2013 SOS the best is yet to come…

Posted By: dr73 Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/10/2013 09:26 PM
That's a stunning dagger! Thanks for showing. I can't wait to see the pictures of the other two!

Danny
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/11/2013 12:57 AM
A real dark patina'ed beauty Tom!! The initial Horster bird is a real looker and RARE!! That big MM is really cool too! Hand work on pommel and bands is a pleasure to behold..Congrats!! Kevin.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/11/2013 02:02 AM
Kevin thanks - Interesting point about the Horster type-1 is the design of the guard was very crisp so you see minimal or no noticeable hand work on these.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/12/2013 07:53 PM
Tom
Beautiful dagger, these early pieces are the best and so desirable, can't wait to see the others.

Gary
Posted By: Mikee Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/12/2013 07:57 PM
Tom,

What a beauty! I can't say this enough,your picture skills are excellent.Thanks
Posted By: pvon Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/12/2013 08:45 PM
Tom

Super looker! Gotta love the lacquer! I like the orange handle and you pics make this dagger pop!

PVON
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Early E&F Horster Heer dagger - 03/18/2013 06:28 PM

Thanks guys this dagger sports a brass based scabbard as well.
© Your new forums