UBB.threads
Posted By: Fitzer 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/02/2013 05:00 AM
Hello,

I recently received a great early 1st Luft from Bob Iqbal with the following unit numbers on both the cross guard and upper scabbard fitting "L.G. Kdo. VII 19"

Any further info or where to get info on these numbers would be great.

Thanks

Attached picture 4201h.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3920.JPG
Posted By: WWII Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/02/2013 02:25 PM
Hi Fitzer,

That looks to be a very nice first model, can you tell us the maker? The unit markings also seem original, I don't think there's any problem with those at all.

Not being too well-versed in Luftwaffe terminology, but judging by the vintage of the dagger I'd say, "Luftwaffe Generalkommando," but, that's where it gets tricky. You also had, "Luftwaffe Gruppen Kommandos," and also, "Luftgauen," but I'm pretty sure that's abbreviated a different way? Somebody who's much better versed in Luft-units will have to chime in here, someone who knows the earlier timing of all these different outfits. That way you'll get a better call on the precise designation. Wish I could be of more help, other than to say you made a fine choice with your new dagger. Thanks for letting us take a look.

Best!

Bill
Posted By: Flyingdutchman Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/02/2013 05:24 PM
Luft Gaukommando VII, Munich imo.

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/hq/lgvii.htm

Rgds;
Hermann
Posted By: Fitzer Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/02/2013 06:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Maker is Eickhorn early double oval TM.

Attached picture 4201a.JPG
Posted By: fdodge Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/06/2013 06:16 AM
A beautiful dagger you have there.

Frank
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/06/2013 05:29 PM
Fitzer,

Nice Luft! I really like these first models.

The unit markings is always a bonus!!!

Rich
Posted By: WWII Re: 1st Luft with unit markings - 02/06/2013 05:53 PM
Fitzer,

Yes, absolutely a good choice ... rest assured. wink

Hermann ~ many thanks for your input! I only wish I knew more about the finer points. Just got back to work recently, wish I could afford your new book on handguns, that Mauser automatic was like looking at a Playboy Bunny when I was a kid - in a word, extraordinary! Give my best regards to Vic if you get a chance, please? grin I wish you guys all the successs in the world, for sure!

We can only hope to see more posts of fine sidearms like this.

Thanks mates, and good collecting everyone! wink

Bill Warda
© Your new forums