UBB.threads
Posted By: den70 Etching on LW blade. - 01/25/2013 08:27 PM
Gentlemen, what you think about etching on blade? That dagger from my friend. He wants know etching on blade original or post war. What is you opinion? If need more pictures, I will make it.
Thanks, Den.

Attached picture 0.JPG
Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Posted By: Landser Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/25/2013 09:54 PM
Well the pictures are not that detailed but the fittings look generic, the scabbard looks like it might be SMF & the grip looks like Klaas or C&J. I don`t like the design or the inscription of the etch either so you can draw your own conclusions but the mix of parts would be enough for me. I am no expert on etched blades but haven`t seen one like this before. JMO!
Posted By: den70 Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/26/2013 02:39 AM
pictures of parts. blade have not logo.

Thanks for your opinions.

Attached picture IMG_3090.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3091.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3092.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3102.JPG
Posted By: Landser Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/26/2013 10:18 AM
I can only reiterate that in my opinion it is bad in every respect. Contrary to my impression that the fittings are generic I now think they are reproduction. The pommel in psrticular is very badly cast and poorly detailed. What more can I say?

I wouldn`t want it as a gift!
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/26/2013 02:48 PM
Well etched blades are way north of my collecting area but will reiterate what landser said doesn’t look good IMO
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/26/2013 04:14 PM
I don't much like it either.

Does the blade have a maker mark?

John
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/26/2013 09:18 PM
Strange mix of parts...generic what I call the "Fat Bird" guard that looks like it was cast yesterday, maybe Alcoso grip due to brass looking wire and pommel that while looking like it has honest age, I cant really put a fix on....perhaps early pre-heartshape Eickhorn?? SMF scabbard, Real Franken dagger here...dont like it.. Kevin.
Posted By: Landser Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/27/2013 02:01 PM
Yes, I think you are right about the grip Kevin. (The twist on the wire is less tight). A real mix up of parts anyway.
Posted By: den70 Re: Etching on LW blade. - 01/28/2013 11:29 AM
Colleagues, thank you for your answers. They confirmed my conclusion, it is very informative and reasonably.

Best Den.
© Your new forums