UBB.threads
Posted By: germandaggerman Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 10/13/2012 03:16 PM
Hi,

I´ve got offered this sword, never saw that maker mark Is it a legit TR item?

Thanks for help!

Description: 1
Attached picture schwert.jpg
Attached picture schwert_a.jpg
Attached picture schwert_b.JPG
no one an idea?
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 10/14/2012 02:57 PM
The maker is F & A Helbig
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 10/14/2012 04:05 PM
Nice catch, Tom.

The Gaefler TM is used by Helbig alone on Luft swords and is found inside the double oval logo with the words 'F. & A. Helbig Steinbach KR. M.' in between the two ovals, as per Fisher in his Quick Reference series.

John
Originally Posted By: JohnZ
Nice catch, Tom.

The Gaefler TM is used by Helbig alone on Luft swords and is found inside the double oval logo with the words 'F. & A. Helbig Steinbach KR. M.' in between the two ovals, as per Fisher in his Quick Reference series.

John

Meanwhile I found this MM declared as found on repro swords only ...
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 10/14/2012 05:16 PM
Well the sword you posted certainly looks Odd…wouldn’t be for me.
Posted By: spock Re: Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 11/05/2012 09:53 PM
Yup I had one of these and it was a repro, the detail on the Xguard and the gold paint were bad, but the blade was very well made.
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: Luftwaffe Schwert uncommon maker mark - 11/11/2012 11:11 PM
My eyes are getting bad But is that cosmoline or vasaline or is it supposed to be Damast?
Some of the older Spanish fakes were (relatively) very well made, using a fairly decent replication of the Helbig TM. With the best indicator IMO most likely being the fact that they did not color anodize the 'Sunwheel' itself - but instead used some kind of lacquer. But this sword I believe is a later example, and does not look to be as well made. FP
© Your new forums