UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 02:16 AM
Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas. Crossguard and pommel is the typical lightweight base metal used by Klaas with portions of the silver plate remaining. Beautiful hand work to pommel and crossguard I like how the artist chose a different enhancement to the wing segments closest to the body to provide a nice contrast. Scabbard has the Klaas asterisks on both sides of the bands. Blade is a minty nickel plated type.

Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 03:27 AM

Wow,

They really don't get any better than that. The hand work on that eagle is magnificent.

Superb dagger and great pictures.

Rich
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 03:31 AM
Tom:

Magnificent.

John
Posted By: Mikee Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 04:20 AM
Tom,

Absolutely a stunning Army! I can't get enough of your collection. Thanks!
Posted By: Rich Yankowski Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 04:49 AM
Don't believe I've ever seen wings enhanced that way! A real beauty!
Posted By: dr73 Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 05:15 AM
What a stunning dagger! Congretulations.

Danny
Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 04:46 PM
A thing of beauty.I love that eagle and the darkening in the grips crevices.Thanks for posting it
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/28/2012 04:59 PM
Incredible!!!

A work of art!

Congrats!
Johnny
Posted By: Landser Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/31/2012 04:25 PM
Super looking Klaas, what a blade!
Posted By: pvon Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 07/31/2012 10:51 PM
Very attractive dagger! Thanks for showing it!
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/05/2012 12:13 AM
Wow Tom!! That is a stunner as usual. The hand work and minty blade are just a treat to behold. You said you wanted an early Klaas, you must be happy with this one!! Kevin.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/08/2012 11:26 PM
Kevin Thanks now I need an Auxt !!
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/09/2012 06:02 PM
VERY nice dagger. Interesting to note that one of the scabbard bands is on upside down causing the leaves to go in opposite directions. Sometimes the lower band will loosen up and come off and sometimes someone will put it back on upside down--or perhaps a factory error.
Posted By: A J Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/09/2012 07:20 PM
Keen eye there Houston well spotted
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/09/2012 08:59 PM

Houston I sure didn’t notice that ! Good news is they are certainly a matching pair.

Originally Posted By: Houston Coates
VERY nice dagger. Interesting to note that one of the scabbard bands is on upside down causing the leaves to go in opposite directions. Sometimes the lower band will loosen up and come off and sometimes someone will put it back on upside down--or perhaps a factory error.
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/09/2012 11:17 PM
There is a good possibility it can be corrected if desired. Many of the lower fittings are loose as they were "sweated" on. No solder. Just a little heat or tapping may release it.
Posted By: oli1970 Re: Early slant Heer by Robert Klaas - 08/31/2012 12:38 PM
this is a verry nice dagger. I´ve the same in my collection. Klaas produced some nice crossguards with handwork. I love it.
regards oliver
© Your new forums