UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector Eickhorn Slant Heer - 03/18/2012 04:43 AM
Another dagger I picked up after the SOS Early Slant gripped Eickhorn with brass based hilt fittings and scabbard (early flat head double screw config). Denazified Type 1 guard. Tang has the C.E. raised mark. Despite the flaw a beautiful rare early dagger.

Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: Eickhorn Slant Heer - 03/18/2012 12:52 PM
WW2,
I would agree. Another fine looking Army. The condition and beautiful dark handle make up for the denazification.
Very nice find and nice photo's.

Rich
Posted By: Degens Re: Eickhorn Slant Heer - 03/18/2012 01:15 PM
Aaaghh........Sacrilege!.

Fair enough, break the swas's off Generic dagger crossguards if you must but to a dagger as early and gorgeous as this one is just heart breaking.
What a blade Tom!, very rare to find a 1935 blade in that condition, let alone one on a scarce 1st pattern Eickhorn. I can see why you did not walk past this one, in fact was there a slant army that you DID walk past smile.
Great dagger and top notch photography as usual. That grip is a beauty.
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: Eickhorn Slant Heer - 03/18/2012 03:03 PM
Thanks guys - Yes fortunately the blade and grip are very nice and it�s fortunate that in all these years some do-gooder tinkerer has not replaced the ugly guard shocked . Jon I actually found this one on the Internet sometimes all those hours searching pay off.
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: Eickhorn Slant Heer - 03/18/2012 07:45 PM
Another beauty Tom! The blade is in great shape and the grip is killer!! Just part of this ones history (the de-naz),super nice defined eagles head on this one too. Wish I had it! Kevin.
© Your new forums