UBB.threads
Posted By: WW2-Collector #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/18/2012 04:31 AM
Picked this up a few weeks after the SOS this has been shown on the forum before by a previous owner. What’s special about this dagger is the slant grip paired with the Initial production Horster crossguard. The hilt parts are internally numbered 45 the numbers are stamped on the crossguard / pommel / tang and written in pencil on the grip. While the early numbered Horster daggers are very rare with the WKC guard examples with the Horster first are much rarer IMO these numbered daggers including the examples with the WKC guard were made in small batches so I suspect more of these Horster fitted examples exist. The scabbard has an early type band resembling an Eickhorn band with the typical Horster thick throat and (double) domed screws. Of course the WKC hilted examples predate this example.

Posted By: Landser Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/18/2012 10:51 AM
I would agree Tom, Slant grip with initial Horster x guard is a tough one to find. Not a combination I have.
Both my initial horsters Have the type B. One is maker marked one is not.

Beautiful Horster. This x guard is one of my favourites. That is some collection you are putting together!
Posted By: Pitbull63 Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/18/2012 01:01 PM

Wow another beauty, you just keep reeling them in. At this rate there won't be any good ones left to find. I don't have a Horster yet, but this would sure be a welcome addition to my collection... Beautiful piece.

Rich
Posted By: Kevin (heers68) Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/18/2012 07:48 PM
:grin grin :what else can be said your on a super roll here Tom! Wonderful dagger with a RARE bird!! Hold it a few times for me!! HA! Kevin.
Posted By: Mikee Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/18/2012 08:24 PM
Oh my is that a nice dagger! Congratulations! I always enjoy seeing your stuff and pictures.
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/19/2012 03:12 AM
These early numbered slant gripped Horster's are wonderful daggers. Very hard to find these days.
Congrats Tom !

Serge
Posted By: JohnZ Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/19/2012 03:13 PM
Tom:

You just keep rolling them up... great find.

John
Posted By: WW2-Collector Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/19/2012 10:40 PM
Many thanks guys – you know its funny you can go 6 months without finding something for your collection and then have a wallet crunching few months grin may need to sell a few duplicates
Posted By: Janos Re: #45 Early Horster Heer - 03/21/2012 09:01 PM
Tom,
congratulation for your new find!
It is a beautiful dagger and an extremly rare configuration.
Is is the one and only numbered Hörster what I have ever seen with the unique Hörster crossguard.

All the initial Hörsters I've got has WKC guards.
Congratulation again - you have a wonderful collection of RARE early Heer daggers!

Janos
© Your new forums