UBB.threads
Posted By: anonymous 123 It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/16/2011 06:04 PM
Here's apparentely the latest out of India! It's being pedaled for what it is but with a litle aging?
Jim
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=219524839
Posted By: Jim W Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/16/2011 08:58 PM
I saw one at the Reno show. I couldn't place the scabbard bands. The one I saw had a plain blade. Teh seller stagted it was marked Eickhorn on the tang. It sold (not to me) for $750.
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/16/2011 10:17 PM
The fakes are getting better all the time and I think that's what has the most potential to eventually doom this hobby.
Jim: Do you remember what the pommel looked like on the Reno example since it isn't shown on the Gunbroker dagger?
Jim
Posted By: lloyd Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/16/2011 10:39 PM
Originally Posted By: jim m
The fakes are getting better all the time and I think that's what has the most potential to eventually doom this hobby.
Jim: Do you remember what the pommel looked like on the Reno example since it isn't shown on the Gunbroker dagger?
Jim

I must agree with Jim that these repros are getting MUCH better and soon it might be impossible to spot the fakes!
Posted By: Jim W Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/17/2011 12:11 AM
The pommel was beautiful, detail on both sides and gold gilded. Only the swastica detail was a little weak. But not so weaker as originals I have seen. The scabbard finish is different than the post war solingen navies. Except for the scabbard bands, I would swear the scabbard was period. The grip was crappy.
Posted By: lmrobil Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/17/2011 04:04 AM
" THE BLADE IS STEAL "

The whole blankin' thing is steal!!!

This seller states it's repro but odds are the next one won't!
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/17/2011 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: lmrobil
" THE BLADE IS STEAL "

The whole blankin' thing is steal!!!

This seller states it's repro but odds are the next one won't!

Unfortunately this poster is probably right.
Jim
Posted By: wotan Re: It's a Minefield Out There! - 03/20/2011 10:09 PM
Dear fellow collectors, I would ask for not simply putting a link but posting pics with mentioning the source. Once the pics are removed from the other server this thread is wothless trash which I think we all would not intend.
Please publis here the pics with mentioned source.
I have seen obvous modern and extremely skillfully done fakes. These were even obviously even convincing to high end dealers (I don�t assume they all tried to sell those intentionally grin). These truely will scare upcoming collector generations. BUT this one here imo isn�t one of these kinds. If all fakes were done within this quality it would be an easier undertaking to detect them.
Regards,
© Your new forums