UBB.threads
Posted By: BadBob Hans-Joachim Marseille presentation dagger? - 04/10/2007 06:19 PM
I really doubt it, but haven't looked any farther into it than the listing yet, so let's hear what you think: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/3391729
Given to Oblt. Hans J. Marseille by Field Marshall Erwin Rommel in 1942. This ivory and Solingen steel 15" dagger has fully chased and engraved blade with wire wrapped ivory handle. This dagger was presented only to Africa Corps combat pilots. Color photo of this dagger is included that has been signed by Gen. Adolf Galland certifying, in effect, the authenticity of this dagger. Other important documentation also included. Excellent condition.

Attached picture 1424_1_lg.jpg
Posted By: BadBob Re: Hans-Joachim Marseille presentation dagger? - 04/10/2007 07:38 PM
Thanks, Bob.....They are sure selling some personality items. I noticed an early Elvis signed record, and even this!: Hitler's WWI wallet.
Posted By: charlie Re: Hans-Joachim Marseille presentation dagger? - 04/11/2007 02:59 AM
This stuff sounds pretty wild. Best I remember Hitler's will did not mention his WW1 wallet, just some rambling about how the German people were not worthy of him.
Posted By: charlie Re: Hans-Joachim Marseille presentation dagger? - 04/11/2007 03:00 AM
I missed the estate sale. Charlie
I have a one of a kind bridge for sale... I like to call it the Golden gate Wink
© Your new forums