UBB.threads
Posted By: 777 Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/27/2009 07:22 AM
Don't want to get punished by moderator again, so no pictures, just link: http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/shop.php
Amazing grouping direct from the family. Heini Speck was the name of the man and you can read about his career in item description. Never Army officer, but wearing an Army (Klaas) dagger!
One can see also Army style eagle on his arm, instead of the SS eagle, which is nothing unusual, but HEER dagger? I see it first time.
Posted By: rieny Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/27/2009 07:32 AM
Yes ist correct, i know the owner who got this complete stuff from the family of the SS-man.
Quality of the engraving is very poor.
Posted By: 777 Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/27/2009 06:06 PM
Even if it's the poorest quality, the guy on the picture is real SS officer and he's wearing the real Army dagger.
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/27/2009 06:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rieny:
Yes ist correct, i know the owner who got this complete stuff from the family of the SS-man.

Rieny,did we have seen some of this stuff at the haiger show?

Gerd
Posted By: rieny Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/28/2009 06:12 AM
Yes Gerd its the group from haiger, 100%!!!
What picture is he wearing this? Is it sold or?? I didnt see a photo.Sorry
Bret Van Sant
Posted By: 777 Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/28/2009 03:05 PM
See item code: 2086 (daggers). Click for more images and it shall be the 1st picture to pop up.
Posted By: Reibert Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/28/2009 05:09 PM
Hi !

In the Schutz-Staffel an "Army-style" eagle on the sleeve is not unusual.
Also an "Army-style" cap-eagle either.

Some Wehrmacht-Heer ranks joined the SS during the war.

It could be possible, that an former WH-Officer�s wearing his WH Officer�s dagger together with the Schutz-Staffel uniform ... ?

Also I�ve heard, that SS-ranks joined the Wehrmacht, but I can�t confirm that ...

Attached picture 1.JPG
Posted By: 777 Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/28/2009 06:06 PM
The thing is that guy (Heini Speck)was NEVER in the Army. Looking at his arm eagle (nothing unusual, of course) one may suspect some affection for the army, which caused getting Heer dagger. Very interesting case, maybe there is a chance to ask the family? Rieny, you seem to have some link.
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: Heer dagger worn by W-SS Sturmf�hrer!!! - 08/28/2009 11:37 PM
Reibert,your're right.

@777,there is a chance to ask the former owner at the next show in haiger.
I guess in 3 or 4 weeks?

Gerd
© Your new forums