UBB.threads
Posted By: wschmidt Army and Luftwaffe Daggers - Opinion - 10/28/2009 10:57 AM
Hello People,
One friend want to sell to me these 2 daggers. Is it OK? Is US$660 a good value for both?

Regards,

William Schmidt
Posted By: wschmidt Re: Army and Luftwaffe Daggers - Opinion - 10/28/2009 10:58 AM

Posted By: wotan Re: Army and Luftwaffe Daggers - Opinion - 10/28/2009 04:55 PM
Imo these photographs are too blurry and do not show necessary details for a serious statement.
What I can see from the photographs the grip wire of the 2nd mod luft dagger is missed and the scabbards are obviously combined with the wrong dagger (see your pic 1 where an army dagger is pictured with the 2nd luft scabbard and in pic 2 the scabbards are beneath the wrong dagger in both cases).
What I can only assume because of the relatively bad pics is, that the condition of both daggers seem not to be the best (both seem to be heavily corrided next to the crossguards and the blades overall seem to be rough).
On the other hand both daggers are with proper portepee and at least the 2nd luft has itīs hangers (canīt see if the army has hangers too).
So perhaps these might be (with slightly, carefully and expertly done cleaning and adding the proper grip wire on to the 2nd luft) acceptable starter peices for this price (perhaps the price is negotiable and could be lowered?).
Generally the current price level for average items is relatively low, for items below average (as I assume this is the case here) very low and hard to sell.
Currently "quality" is THE word.
What are the makers of these dagger (or are they unmarked?)?
Regards,
Posted By: wschmidt Re: Army and Luftwaffe Daggers - Opinion - 10/28/2009 05:29 PM
Hello Wotan,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The manufacture of these daggers are: ANTON WINGEN JR. and MAX WEIERSBERG SOLINGEN

Is it possible obtain one good grip wire to the Dagger of Luftwaffe? Where I can to take one this?

Regards,

William
Posted By: Raymond Re: Army and Luftwaffe Daggers - Opinion - 10/28/2009 05:30 PM
I agree with woton. I would like to see better photos. If better photos aren't available I would pass on these. From what I see the blades are graying and have rust forming around the crossguards. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the pair and even then these would only be worth $500 20 years from now.
© Your new forums