UBB.threads
Posted By: Kristine (Dagger Girl) Arm Band Forum??? - 07/19/2006 11:14 PM
Is there a forum where I can ask questions on an armband? Care and Up-keep, where it may have come from, etc.???

Attached picture Arm-Band-1.jpg
Posted By: BrianK Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/19/2006 11:42 PM
You are talking about the Uniform forums.
Posted By: Kristine (Dagger Girl) Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/20/2006 12:46 AM
Yes, but which one?
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/20/2006 01:58 AM
That armband would fit right in here with the SA items.

Somtimes I don't clean my armbands, it just adds character. but sometimes if the are really grimey I will soak them overnight in a dish of woolite in cool water, then rinse them well and lay flat to dry. But I have made the mistake of wetting down some RAD ones with the flatwire and that prett much wrecked teh flatwire edging on them.
Posted By: Kristine (Dagger Girl) Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/20/2006 03:19 AM
Thank you Rick for moving my question to the correct forum. Now that I know it is associated with the SA I know which dagger to display it with.

Mr. Jerry, I'm very hesitant to clean the armband. I would rather leave it dirty than to ruin it. Do these colors run if soaked?

What dates were these machine sewn armbands made? Are these the most common? I don't know anything about these. I am attaching a close up photo of the back to show the thread work.

I appreciate any and all opinions and comments!

Attached picture Arm-Band-4.jpg
Posted By: Earl (Rick) Schreiber Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/20/2006 03:45 AM
Kristine..Its political, not just Sa, its the most common armband out there.Its kind of a universal armband ,like saying you were a member of the Nazi party.You will see it on lots of different org. uniforms and on just plain suits.Unless it is stamped somewhere with writing you can read you will never know what org. or branch it was issued or sold to.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Arm Band Forum??? - 07/21/2006 02:40 AM
I wouldn't clean it. The colors shouldnt run on those by why take the chance. That a nice "Bevo" style woven armband. Interstingly, and SS one just showed up on teh SS forum that I never knew existed. I always thought the reverse image of teh sawzi looked cool on these.
© Your new forums