UBB.threads
Posted By: Scott A. Hess SS smock question - 08/24/2006 02:30 AM
Have a quesiton for those knowledgable and conversant in SS smocks..has anyone encounterd good ss smocks..oak.or other of the 2nd type with hip pockets and foliage loops with the drawstring eyelets machine sewn in the same manner as is seen on the holes of the belt support ramps on wool tunics? I've seen many pictures of them "hand sewn"..and my beaver book is not realidly available....any help greatly appreciated.unfortunatly..i have no pics to share.but the machine sewing is I'd say identical to the belt hook holes sewing..thanks for the help! If this is something one would rather not discuss on the forum for fear of the repro lurkers..please email me..thanks in advance

m gong to revise my description of the eyelet machine stitching.it almost looks like it was done on the same type of procedure as the gimp cording on the button holes..any help appreciated.
Posted By: Scott A. Hess Re: SS smock question - 08/24/2006 06:45 PM
Confused
Posted By: Assoro Re: SS smock question - 08/24/2006 09:46 PM
Scott,
All I can say is that I have seen both types of stitching on legitimate tunics. In my experience, the more tightly machine sewn eyelets seem to have been more common with M38/M40 smocks...but I don't know if this was a hard and fast rule.

Mike
Posted By: Scott A. Hess Re: SS smock question - 08/25/2006 01:20 AM
Thank you Assoro for taking the time to reply...and assist with this question.
Posted By: Rick Turner Re: SS smock question - 09/11/2006 03:01 PM
Scott - Are these what your asking about? The smock is a known reproduction.

Rick

Attached picture fake_ss_oak_a_smock_04.JPG
Posted By: jotuntroll Re: SS smock question - 09/11/2006 03:10 PM
Hi guys

Anyone of you got an comment on my W-SS smock on the camuflage section?
I am not that of an expert, so if you could contribute I would be very grateful Smile
Posted By: Rick Turner Re: SS smock question - 09/13/2006 02:10 PM
If we�re talking about the same thing the only originals I�ve ever seen or owned looked like this -

(Photo credit unknown GDC member)

Attached picture smock_blurred_edge_07.jpg
Posted By: Felix Re: SS smock question - 09/14/2006 05:15 PM
Here is a photo of the machine sewn string holes on my plane tree 1/2 second type smock.

On this model it was quite common with machine sewn holes.

Attached picture Bild_018aa5.jpg
© Your new forums