UBB.threads
Posted By: spinnin4s SS cuff titles hand sown or machine? - 04/05/2023 05:18 AM
I was wondering about SS sleeve bands-were originals hand sown or machine sown on the sleeves? Thanks for your comments.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: SS cuff titles hand sown or machine? - 04/06/2023 12:02 AM
I would say both actually... I've seen period photos of jackets stacked after the war to be issued and cufftitles were already on them.. And,, of course if you got transfered or posted to a unit that had a cufftitle you could either hand sew it on yourself ,,,or,, there was a appointment/position for a man that lets say made the dog tags, certain repairs etc and if you were in good with him he'd machine sew it for you... I'm no SS cloth expert by any means so lets see if someone hopefully get backs to you..............
I would say the majority of "acceptable" versions I have seen on tunics have been machine stitched. I have, of course seen hand sewn also Both are correct as Gaspare states.....having said this there may be "preferences" to the collecting community...lol as with anything, especially SS (aka...textbook) regards, Ryan
© Your new forums