UBB.threads
Posted By: C. Wetzel-20609 SS Skull & Eagle, the Bad and the ugly. - 02/03/2023 10:05 PM
From about 1979 through 1984 I collected "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" of German WWII items.

I bought some stuff that was just plain FAKE.

I believe this skull and eagle is FAKE.

But where did it come from. I never seen another ugly skull like this one.

I sewed the skull on a black baseball hat and wore it to the local Middletown Military collector store and the owner, Bill said "I like your skull". I said, "everyone tells me it's FAKE, what do you think Bill? he said it could be FAKE or it could be real". Bill has been a collector since about 1962 and maybe Bill was just kidding me, I think.

The skull has the same backing as the eagle and came to me together, at the same time. Has anyone ever seen this ugly skull before?

Description: The ugly Skull.
Attached picture IMG-0790.jpg

Description: The bad eagle.
Attached picture IMG-0791.jpg

Description: The bad eagle. (back side).
Attached picture IMG-0792.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: SS Skull & Eagle, the Bad and the ugly. - 02/03/2023 10:58 PM
I think the skull, from the condition of the teeth, was from an early hockey jersey

grin
Thanks Dave,

maybe it should be kept with my CCM Heaton, "M.BRODEUR", made in Canada / fait au Canada, hockey stick, dated "27 FEV. 2004". LOL.

At least I know where the hockey stick originally came from.
Do they glow...?? LOL
The answer to "Do they glow...?? LOL"

If you are asking "do they glow under an ultraviolet lamp? The answer is NO.

However, the white horns of the bull on my "Gadebuscher Schutzenzunft v 1583 e.V." patch, do glow bright white.

And so did a lot of paper items near the lamp.

What does this prove if they do not glow under an ultraviolet lamp?

That the material is not synthetic?
© Your new forums