UBB.threads
Posted By: wes_143 new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 05:59 PM
would love to show off some stuff I got in a parking lot buy yesterday but then I remember why I just lurk around here it's because I can never get my pictures to load and I have tried crops and still to big. there has to be an easier way.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 06:11 PM
maybe this will work still tring

Attached picture 4th resize3.jpg
Attached picture 4th resize.jpg
Attached picture 4th resize 2.jpg
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 06:36 PM
more stuff

Attached picture parking lot 1.jpg
Attached picture parking lot2.jpg
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 07:07 PM
and more. I think I did very well. this is all I will show for now but I got lots, only thing I never bought was the Hitler brass bust I showed in the misc section with no replies

Attached picture uniform crop3.jpg
Attached picture uniform crop4.jpg
Attached picture recropped.jpg
Attached picture recropped2.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 08:31 PM
Hi Wes I don't think the Ss collar tabs or the "Ss emblem" patch are authentic. Collar tabs are repro, "emblem" is a fantasy piece.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 08:59 PM
here are some pictures of the backs

Attached picture patch crop.jpg
Attached picture patch crop2.jpg
Attached picture patch crop3.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 09:35 PM
The other pieces look like captains bars but I have no knowledge of those. Ss tabs still appear to be repro IMHO tho.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 09:45 PM
ok thanks , I don't know cloth at all and took a gamble on all of it, uniform looked ok right?
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 10:08 PM
I felt I should contribute what I knew there Wes... Not an expert by any means on the rest- but I know the Ss bits were bad, I've been studying those closely for a few years now... Could not tell u the rest but I know some of the folks on here can. I hope u get some good results tho it can be nervewracking waiting but I'd have to think maybe the Eagles have potential- we have a nice gallery here for comparisons... I really have fingers crossed on cap and uni other than Ss cloth that's where the money is or isn't. Best of luck Wes
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/16/2016 10:20 PM
Thanks again yeh any help is appreciated , the cord with knots that's shown above is that for the uniform or something else
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/18/2016 05:12 AM
Political leader tunic is good, a later wartime pattern..pants there as well? Lots of repro, fantasy items there though.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: new finds opinions needed - 09/18/2016 06:12 AM
I had doubts about the SS tabs and the other fantasy SS Youth patch , but the others I had hope that they had a chance, and yes I got the pants with the jacket both are in very nice shape. I have been searching for the little gold tabs and lanyard shown and still no luck at all.. lol , been spending lots of time searching some of the stuff I don't about , it's tuff so thanks for your help you guys are the best.
© Your new forums