UBB.threads
Posted By: militarymania SS PITH HELMET SHIELDS,,,OPINIONS PLEASE - 07/16/2015 12:44 AM
dont look quite right to me,,,comments welcomed,,,thanks,,,Robert

Attached picture ss pith shields 1.jpg
Attached picture ss pith shields 2.jpg
You are correct in your *not quite right assessment.All wrong, WTH is that 1942 nonsense in the back??LOL
Posted By: SSman Re: SS PITH HELMET SHIELDS,,,OPINIONS PLEASE - 07/17/2015 06:01 AM
It is my understanding that most collectors state that the only original ss shields were marked either JFS 42 or JFS 43
Rod
yep SSman,
Posted By: Grumpy Re: SS PITH HELMET SHIELDS,,,OPINIONS PLEASE - 07/18/2015 05:05 AM
The only "real" ones I have seen have the "JFS" mark.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: SS PITH HELMET SHIELDS,,,OPINIONS PLEASE - 07/19/2015 12:01 AM
I concur.
Posted By: drbill Re: SS PITH HELMET SHIELDS,,,OPINIONS PLEASE - 01/12/2016 05:14 AM
I published pics of 2 sets on WAF that I directly vet obtained last year. The guys was a combat engineer who fought with 10th Mountain in the Po Valley region of Italy and brought back 2 sets. I believe the FP 1942 to be possibly real. I will post some pics in next couple of days
Originally Posted By: SSman
It is my understanding that most collectors state that the only original ss shields were marked either JFS 42 or JFS 43
Rod

Yes and the pins are aluminum and are round (as I recall)
© Your new forums