UBB.threads
Posted By: Geoff Ward SA Lagermutze - 04/14/2011 04:04 AM
I am Revisiting this post to see if any new info has surfaced.This piece was part of a chest buy and am still trying to get info.any help with values and comments are welcome.Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/14/2011 04:30 AM
lagermutze

Attached picture lagermutz.jpg
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/14/2011 04:35 AM
I have been told that these were made to be folded flat to be carried in backpacks for instructors at SA schools This color indicating Gruppe Nordsee.Any comments welcome.Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Robert H. Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/16/2011 02:35 AM
any photos from the inside? looks very nice!
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/16/2011 07:23 AM
Hello Robert,I will post some photos of the inside and the RZM tag and number in the next couple of days. Geoff
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/17/2011 09:49 PM
RZM Tag Reads Feldmutze nach vonschrif
Hersteller 4
Nr 352311
Any comments or additional info appreciated Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/17/2011 09:59 PM
Photo

Attached picture Feldmutze 1.jpg
Attached picture Feldmutze 2.jpg
Attached picture Feldmutz 3.jpg
Attached picture Ffeldmutz 4.jpg
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/17/2011 10:10 PM
If I am correct the GDC Referance Library lists this maker as
M5/4 Hörnr & Dittermann, Wuppertal-Bannen on the tag there is no M5/ just the number 4 stamped in blue ink .
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/20/2011 09:31 PM
If it was piped it could be the rare "Garrison cap for officers"...........
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/21/2011 12:24 AM
Hello Hans, that would be nice for sure! I am just puzzled as I have never seen one in any books I have. Granted I don't have the resources some of the SA uniform experts have.Does anyone have any photos of this type of headgear in wear? Thanks Geoff.
Posted By: Robert H. Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/21/2011 01:49 AM
very nice and rare cap, I like these Lagercaps very much.
This would be a Wagner Mfg. cap. RZM A1 category.
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/21/2011 11:02 PM
Thank you for the info Robert.Can you tell us any more about this style of hat.
Posted By: Krullies Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/21/2011 11:23 PM
Hi Geoff,

The colour green, you have the hat there, so you can judge better, steel-green would be Nordsee, yes, but maybe this is more emerald-green, for Sachsen? Also, with a chinstrap, it looks more like a cap then a Lagermütze. Wim Saris shows Lagermütze more like Schiffchen in his Headgear of Hitler's Germany vol.3. Early SA hats, all had metal eagles on them. When the silver-wired woven eagles came, the metal eagles got replaced with patches. Can't find any cap with a triangle-eagle up front though, only Lagermützen, so without Schirm and chinstrap, and the triangle on the side not up front. Will post if I find anything more.

Bye,
KR
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/22/2011 05:07 AM
Thank you Krullies,This color green must then indicate Sachsen.Although every computer monitor looks different I can say that this color is definitely U.S.pool table green.Also the single button silver not brass colored,is attached with a split pin not sewn on.I did not realize that on the inside top of the cap that there is what appears to be an ink stamp of an early SA eagle in the center of the sweat stain. Am I just seeing things or was this a correct marking?Thanks,Geoff.
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/22/2011 07:12 AM
There is a perfect examble of a simular cap in Spronks&Saris's Headgearbook, VOL 3, Page 391.
Posted By: Krullies Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/22/2011 09:59 AM
Great! Its a good Weiche Mütze then? I find the same cap alright, but not the triangle up front in the book here? Reckon "my" edition is not the same as yours Hans? Can't see it on that page .. I have 2 shots there, of a memorial service and renaming celebration (Limastraße)?
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/22/2011 08:01 PM
Sorry, my mistake, page 591, upper cap ( SA Fuhrer Lagermutze )
Posted By: Krullies Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/22/2011 10:10 PM
Too busy looking through the book, I missed those last pages completely! Yes its there .. in red, but very much the same! "According to 1937 standards .. flaps sewn directly to the body .. the same colored cloth triangle with national emblem .. believed to be worn at Reich level SA schools", and yes, called SA Führer Lagermütze. Thanks Hans!
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: SA Lagermutz - 04/23/2011 10:52 AM
Well, it's always good to look at it again. There's a lot of caps in there that I used to own ( Hans van Diggelen ) including the rare Garrisoncap for leaders which is also in the colour section. By the way, the label of this green cap already says "Feldmutze".
© Your new forums