UBB.threads
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme SS? Armband help please - 10/15/2005 08:38 PM
Would appreciate evaluations of this armband. Most of the recent ones on this site appear to be sewn where this one is embroidered. (Bad sign??) Also, no tag of markings inside. Is this SS, SA, or something else entirely.
Thanks
Harry

Attached picture MVC-016S.JPG
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/15/2005 08:38 PM
inside

Attached picture MVC-017S.JPG
Posted By: HOOPER 2 Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/15/2005 10:25 PM
Nice original Bevo-Type armelbande which could have been worn by either the SS and SA on shirt sleeve order!Although a poor image this is one of mine with the black stripes added.
Regards,,,,,,,,,,HOOPER

Attached picture armband_2.jpg
Posted By: Donald Abenheim Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/16/2005 12:20 AM
I agree with my British colleague. One of the original pieces of Nazi militaria I have from 1966 is just such a cotton arm band with the Bevo-ish embroidery.
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/16/2005 12:43 AM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the info. Does this mean that this is an early piece rather than later, wartime manufacture? Any idea when they stopped making them like this? Also, any ballpark on value would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/16/2005 12:45 AM
Sorry I forgot,

Should I attempt to wash it, I think it would look much better with a cleaning. If so, how do you recommend I do it, washing machine, hand, drycleaner, ???
Thanks!
Harry
Posted By: Donald Abenheim Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/16/2005 01:23 AM
Seventy years is a long time. Do not touch it. Leave it as it is. The dirt contains history, and when you remove it, you violate its integrity.
Posted By: HOOPER 2 Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/16/2005 05:00 PM
Harry,
This would be an early piece for sure they began phasing them out at the outbreak of war I believe.
Yes colleage Abenhiem is right,please dont wash it,as well as the history of the item that would be lost down the plughole,the red will most certainly run into the white roundrel and of course pink wasnt Himmler's favourite colour!! Regards,,,,,,,,,,,,HOOPER
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/27/2005 10:51 PM
Gentlemen,
Thank you all for your input. I will put it up unwashed. So, if this could be SS or SA, is there a way to determine value, or do you assume SA as it is not SS marked. Any ballpark on value?? I paid $30 when I was a teenager. Looking to see if it was a good investment 20 years ago.
Thanks
Harry
Posted By: HOOPER 2 Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/27/2005 11:23 PM
Harry,
Nice little investment! Keep the item you will remember those days they mean more than a few dollars profit!,,,,,,,,,,,,HOOPER
Posted By: Sonny Re: SS? Armband help please - 10/30/2005 12:13 PM
Harry, please listen to Hooper, the bevo is the nicest armband, just keep it and give it to your son or son in law and by all means don't wash it. Sonny
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/22/2006 03:51 AM
Thanks for the input gentlemen. I am on the fence about keeping it as I don't collect SS (Way out of my price range for most items and too many fakes) I would appreciate a ballpark figure as to value to help me make a decision and to keep from getting taken by someone with low scruples. Thanks!
Harry
Posted By: Mike Dalton Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/23/2006 04:59 AM
Dang, Hooper had to confuse us(ME) with another one with black borders. I aggree that the BeVo type is of the most desireable/highest quality and I would be happy to give you $150 or something in trade.(Am I going against the ethics here?) If so, sorry and I'll try to become more familiar with the rules/regs. Frown
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/29/2006 05:27 PM
Hello,I have an armband like yours too,is yours maker marked?This one is in really nice cond.

Attached picture Mvc-249s.jpg
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/29/2006 05:29 PM
Inside

Attached picture Mvc-250s.jpg
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/29/2006 05:33 PM
Maker marked on back.

Attached picture Mvc-252s.jpg
Posted By: HOOPER 2 Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/31/2006 08:49 PM
Nice markings Eric,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Smile
Posted By: ssfeldgendarme Re: SS? Armband help please - 01/31/2006 10:20 PM
I double checked mine and I can't find any markings. Nice looking armband Eric, I wish mine was that clean.
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 02/05/2006 09:50 PM
Thanks guys,Bought this for 25.00 years ago,guess they have gotten a little more expensive these days,here is my collection i bought when the price was right!

Attached picture Mvc-374s.jpg
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 02/05/2006 09:54 PM
original armbands 2

Attached picture Mvc-375s.jpg
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 02/05/2006 10:01 PM
big pic

Attached picture Mvc-376s.jpg
Posted By: Davey Re: SS? Armband help please - 03/03/2006 12:21 PM
Hi Eric!

Nice Eric, you should put them in frames rather than an old cigar box Wink

Cheers,

Davey
Posted By: eric seat Re: SS? Armband help please - 03/04/2006 12:25 AM
Well the old lady(wife) dosen't like them desplayed some I keep em in the old cigar box and get em out once in a while and check em out.Cool pic, i loved shindlers list.
Posted By: Johann Re: SS? Armband help please - 03/04/2006 12:30 AM
Another SA braunshirt armband in full BeVo.

Attached picture SAab5.jpg
© Your new forums