UBB.threads
Posted By: Dave Post Gone - 06/07/2006 04:58 PM
An offer to sell not supported by a premium membership has been removed.

Dave
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 08:30 PM
Hi Dave in all fairness to Hans he did follow through and gave the book to Gaspare for free,whether it initially was an advertisement or not.cheers, Ryan
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 08:40 PM
He should have said it was free but his post did not say that and a couple of others figured it was ad as well.

Dave
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 09:01 PM
I contacted Hans as well - he wasn't selling the book, he was offering it to interested members.

Regards
Russell
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 09:13 PM
Yes, I know Dave and I know I jumped all over him but it was in response to his comments about my thread. Anyway, book is gone and there is a happy and satisfied collector out there who received a decent reference book for free.With things the way they have been recently on this forum it was a nice thing to have done. cheers, Ryan
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 09:57 PM
To keep Hans nice jesture going I will be sending the book to 'Ruski' when I'm done reading it,,,and hope he in turn will also send it to another interested member when he's done..Good deal all around..Thanks again Hans....,G.
Posted By: [email protected] Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 10:16 PM
It would almost be a nice gesture if everyone that receives the book were to sign it(or an insert). A nice momento when it eventually ends up back with Hans. Smile
Posted By: Stephane Re: Post Gone - 06/07/2006 10:51 PM
This could be our own GDC book club. Smile
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Post Gone - 06/29/2006 02:16 AM
The Eagle Has Landed... Wow that was a long trip for the book!
Got to NY safely and will be diving into it shortly..
Ruski, I'll give you a shout when I'm done with it and get it out to you..

Hans, thanks again. Smile , G.

Posted By: Donald Abenheim Re: Post Gone - 06/29/2006 05:20 AM
I believe this is the Merkel book on the Origins of the Stormtrooper and political violence in the Germany of 1918-1933. It is a very useful and insightful work, of great merit. There is a wider literature on this topic since Merkel wrote this volume, but the theme is interesting, especially in our own age of rising political violence. schoene Lektuere and sapere aude.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Post Gone - 10/11/2006 03:29 AM
I first like to say a big thank you to member 'Hans Holland' for sending the book all the way from Holland to New York!

I finally had the chance to read it in August while I was in Europe vacationing..An excellent book! Much info on the early days,1920s to late 1930s. Including much interesting info on Freikorps groups, youth groups and the pro Communist groups [and their clashes]! during the period..Highly recommended..

Book traveling next to 'Ruski' then it will be up to him to continue sharing this excellent book..Keep it going guys!! Ruski, please email me your address....

There was another member in line after Ruski. sorry, I've lost your email address, [hard drive problem]..Please contact Ruski with info..

Attached picture Princeton.jpg
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 10/11/2006 04:01 AM
Thanks Gaspare - details sent by email. I'm looking forward to reading this. I've been trying to find one to buy but haven't had any luck yet, so the timing is perfect!

And thanks very much to Hans also - Holland - New York - New Zealand - where to next??

Regards
Russell
Posted By: paulbear Re: Post Gone - 10/11/2006 07:40 PM
just did an ABE search and there ae several copies available there for around the 19.00 range

Paul
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 10/12/2006 02:02 AM
Thanks very much Paul.

Gaspare, sent another email with details for you.

Regards
Russell
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 12/27/2006 10:07 PM
I've read this book now, so I'll post it to whomever sends me the first pm, so we can keep this going - thanks Hans it's a good read.

Regards
Russell
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 03/23/2007 11:18 AM
Just bringing this back up again. The book is still available - first pm gets it to read and then pass on to the next one interested.

Regards

Russell
Posted By: TexasGauleiter Re: Post Gone - 03/23/2007 03:25 PM
Id like to read the book
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 03/23/2007 09:05 PM
Thanks guys - the book is going to Bob Coleman, and I'll send it on Monday.

Bob, could you please pass it on to 'TexasGauleiter' when you've finished with it?

Keep it going!

Regards

Russell
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: Post Gone - 03/24/2007 12:49 AM
IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO PASS THE BOOK ON.
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: Post Gone - 04/09/2007 12:39 AM
THE BOOK HAS ARRIVED. WHEN I FINISH WITH IT, OFF IT GOES TO TEXAS GAULEITER.
Posted By: militarymania Re: Post Gone - 04/14/2007 09:45 PM
Razz hi all...great idea regarding this book,,Texas Gauleiter,send it to me or call as i live in your area,so to speak,,,thanks,,,robert
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: Post Gone - 07/07/2007 01:56 PM
I hope you guys are all clever enough to write your name, place and date in it so in the end one can really see it travelled all over the world Smile
Posted By: Ruski Re: Post Gone - 12/12/2007 01:30 AM
Who's got the book now and where will it go next? Keep it going guys!

Regards
Russell
Posted By: Bob Coleman Re: Post Gone - 12/12/2007 05:14 AM
I SENT IF TO TEXAS GAULEITER BACK IN APRIL. PM HIM TO FIND OUT WHERE IT IS.
BOB
Posted By: Hans Holland Re: Post Gone - 12/24/2007 06:17 PM
Well, well, I see the book is still travelin'. That's a good thing Smile
© Your new forums