UBB.threads
Posted By: M.E.E. Restaurant Pin - 09/18/2009 07:07 PM
Normally I try to stick to Red Cross but I saw this restaurant pin and had to pick it up. Its marked Rob.Neff Berlin W 57 on the back. I have never had one in my hand, only seen them online. Does this look good?

Attached picture Pin_002.jpg
Posted By: M.E.E. Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/18/2009 07:07 PM
Back

Attached picture Pin_001.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/18/2009 08:54 PM
Looks like a good one to me, always nice to find something a bit out of the ordinary! Wink

Bill
Posted By: fritziii Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/20/2009 02:23 AM
Now thats a new one! Definatly out of the ordinary there, pretty cool, and by the way nice pin!

Fritz
Posted By: M.E.E. Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/20/2009 09:55 PM
Thanks for the comments, I saw it and had to pick it up. I'm not sure what the main image is, kinda looks like a sailing ship but I would have no idea what that would have to do with restaurant services but I guess the person who approved the image liked it, so...
Posted By: derjager Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/20/2009 10:50 PM
Vela is a constellation, Sails of a ship in Latin.
I was thinking this was an admin./economic management type org. Could be wrong.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: M.E.E. Re: Restaurant Pin - 09/21/2009 01:31 AM
Interesting, I thought it was for the equivalent of the health and safety organization for restaurants. So many groups and pins that there is very little history on.
Posted By: Silesien Re: Restaurant Pin - 10/22/2009 08:06 AM
It is not a pin for restaurants; (I've noticed that the Charlie Snyder website refers (guesses) in error to this pin as that). Years ago, the author of the book on enameled badges, Jon R. Cone, told me that the name of this stickpin is: the National Association of Chartered Economics Accountants (CPA's),- the design in the center is a typewriter as seen from the side, & the things above it are thought to be pcs of paper ready for the typewriter. The typewriter's back is on the left.
Posted By: Gold Party Pin Guy Re: Restaurant Pin - 10/25/2009 06:11 PM
The Reichsverband der Wirtschaftsleiter was the NS successor to the "Verband der Leitenden Angestellten" - Association of Business Managers. Initials were VELA, as Joe says above, and the symbol is a sailing ship - sorry not a typewriter with a flag on top Confused

It was refounded in 1951 as the German Managers� Confederation (Deutscher Fuehrungskraefteverband - ULA). They still use a sailing ship as their symbol:
 http://www.deutscher-fuehrungs...ew&id=103&Itemid=140 
© Your new forums