UBB.threads
Posted By: BILL RALPH Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/19/2008 04:17 AM
Hi guys.I just noticed that the "Collectors Guild" site is offering a Navy Hono.r Roll Clasp.Just a heads up.
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/19/2008 05:22 PM
Indeed. A very nice one!!
Good price too. I am interested.
There's another one at the ruptured duck, 100% FAKE!!
Dennys.
Posted By: bushido Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/20/2008 03:58 AM
Interesting . . . could you point out, specifically, the differences between the "duck's" and the "guild's" clasps. ~ Ian
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/20/2008 05:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bushido:
Interesting . . . could you point out, specifically, the differences between the "duck's" and the "guild's" clasps. ~ Ian

My pleasure Sir.
Take a real close look to area #1, see how much of the anchor is "cut" on duck's clasp and see that the Guild's clasp show the VERY SAME area of the "CUT" anchor on BOTH sides (symetrical as they should be), or better saying, the part of the anchor (both sides) not connected to the round oak leaves shown on Guild's badge are IDENTICAL. You don't see that on duck's clasp, this is just the first RED FLAG.(REMEMBER SOUVAL'S CLASP late 60's?
AREA #2 - Take a good look to the construction of the "cut" swastika to Duck's clasp and to the quality and details of Guild's clasp.
The flaw is so obvious....SOUVAL again?
AREA #3 - Take a look to the upper part of that anchor on Duck's clasp. TRADE MARK OF SOUVAL'S fake clasps!! Again, look for the quality as well on both clasps.
Speaking of fakes IMHO all clasps at duck's are repros as well as one eagle order he has there now for sale. You know, the one not cased with no ribbon, take a good look.
Thank you.

Description: a
Attached picture xxxxxxx.JPG
Posted By: bushido Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/21/2008 02:58 AM
As I indicated I find this examination interesting as I too am very interested in adding one of these to my collection, so I popped over to WAF to see what they had to say on the subject and came upon this thread of an Honor Roll Clasp that they thought was OK:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t...ght=honor+roll+clasp

It includes this photo which, and it must be these old eyes, I am certainly having difficulty telling the difference from the one above . . . I would really like to hear what others have to say and perhaps some could show photos of their Honor Roll Clasps?

Attached picture a1.jpg
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:41 AM
Hello Ian.
Yes I saw the thread.
This one above is the same kind of fake Bill Shea has one for sale. Same style, same maker!
On this same thread, there's a link posted by a member with username JODY. He has one of those clasps. Only, HIS clasp is a real GEM, the REAL THING! Take a look.
I will post some more pics of real ones!

PIC-000 HERMANN HISTORICA

Description: a
Attached picture 000.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:43 AM
PIC-001 PRIVATE COLLECTOR

Description: B
Attached picture 001.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:44 AM
PIC-002 COLLECTOR'S GUILD

Description: C
Attached picture 002.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:46 AM
PIC-003 CRAIG GOTTLIEB
I don't like the angle from that picture, but it looks OK!

Description: d
Attached picture 003.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:48 AM
PIC-004 COLLECTOR'S GUILD again, and again original 100% item.

Description: e
Attached picture 004.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:54 AM
PIC-005 RUPTURED DUCK, BILL SHEA
FAKE.

Description: F
Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: Dennys Jorret Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/22/2008 01:58 AM
PIC-006 PRIVATE COLLECTION
FAKE

Description: G
Attached picture 006.JPG
Posted By: derjager Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/27/2008 12:32 AM
I have problems with the images not matching up to the opinions stated on this thread. Specifically regarding the cutouts near the flukes.

I would like to see some solid evidience put forth to back up the opinions.

Would also like to see any out of the woodwork examples. These are quite rare.

Any period press release photos?

Accepted that cut outs below the anchor next to the wreath are repros, and centered eyes on the anchor ring are repros. None of these repros are shown here.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: bushido Re: Navy Honor Roll Clasp. - 09/27/2008 02:25 AM
Thank you Joe! ~ Ian
© Your new forums