UBB.threads
Posted By: Gottlieb PAB - opinions please - 02/19/2016 04:15 PM
Dear fellow collectors I would like to ask Your oponion on this PAB badge. This one I have bought last Year here on bazar forum from one of our friends. I had no doubts about it till last week. I have sold it to someone and this collector acused me that I sell fakes. I have no reference to solve it so please help me wit this little problem.

Attached picture IMG_1475.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1476.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1477.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1478.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1479.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1480.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1481.JPG
Posted By: Gaspare Re: PAB - opinions please - 02/21/2016 02:17 AM
Hhmm, I see what might, might be a problem... But what didn't he like about it?
Posted By: Gottlieb Re: PAB - opinions please - 02/21/2016 12:33 PM
The buyer based on the opinion from 2013. This opinion was not exactly about this badge but as he says similar. A little bit weierd but I'm a honest person and I always refound - doesn't matter what the problem is. Now I want to be sure if this badge above is good or bad.

Below opinion he based to send the badge back. I do not know the badge this opinion was about to be honest.

Attached picture 12722187_10208776176227982_1821521553_o.jpg
Posted By: derjager Re: PAB - opinions please - 02/21/2016 04:37 PM
I do not study PAB's so will just post some quick findings.
PAB's with BSW marks have been noted and discussed. Not many but a few. Based on F&R and S&L types. BSW was discussed as a distributor of the other co. badges. Possibly having purchased from them to fill an order?
The BSW mark on your badge does not look like what I noted on other accepted BSW marked badges.

Hope this helps with your research.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture Untitled-Grayscale-01.jpg
Posted By: derjager Re: PAB - opinions please - 02/21/2016 04:44 PM
Maker mark this link also.
http://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/BI.php
Posted By: Gaspare Re: PAB - opinions please - 02/21/2016 05:48 PM
good work Joe.. Myself,,I don't like how the eagles claws look. and yes there are a few blobs that are just too big...

Isn't sad that the old days are over. The 1970s when a fake was easy to spot. When we could collect whatever we wanted,,PABs, IABs, GABs, medals and not need a ******** microscope!

Gottleib,, You've always been a honest and fair dude with dealings with me. I applaud you in your search to find out about the piece instead of just relisting and sell again..
© Your new forums