UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Spange - 12/14/2014 03:24 AM
Evening, gents... what can you all tell me about this spange?

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Spange - 12/14/2014 06:07 PM
I'm thinking Otto Schickle 2nd model clasp to EK1; pinback unmarked...I'd appreciate any opinions, thanks!
Posted By: derjager Re: Spange - 12/14/2014 06:24 PM
Thoughts please, anybody?

I'll have to get out the reference books.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Spange - 12/14/2014 06:48 PM
Thanks for the input, Joe. I really don't know much about these but my neighbor at the end of my block asked if I could find out for him, and I said I'd take a couple pics and put it on the forum...all I know is he's a nice recently retired navy man who used to own an antiques store on the east end of pittsburgh. Unfortunately, my knowledge is limited to the GDC reference section ( which, by the way, is outstanding and I'm grateful to the admins moderators and members who have helped create it!) anyway, any input is appreciated and thanks again!
Mike
Posted By: derjager Re: Spange - 12/15/2014 12:17 AM
Are the wings rounded down near the head? You can see it on a Schickle and on a Mayer.

Perhaps a different angle picture.

Saw what was referred to as a raptor fake that appeared similar.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Spange - 12/15/2014 12:40 AM
I will check it out, rounded down near the head? Like the "shoulder" area of the eagle? Will also try to take a better picture, thanks for your help!
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Spange - 12/15/2014 12:56 AM
Doesn't look rounded down to me, but it's kind of worn..Im going to tell him it's not looking good... Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Spange - 12/15/2014 12:10 PM
Follow up: so I took it back to my neighbor last night and he was pretty upset, I think he had his sights on it being real, but I told him that it still could be, but that it had the hallmarks of a fake. I think he may have paid good money for it, or at least thought he had something special...on the minus side, the "shoot the messenger" moment was in full effect for me, but on the plus side, I think...he gave me the Spange just for helping. Not sure what to do with a fake Spange, but it looks nice anyway! Lol! Thanks for your help Joe! God bless
Mike
Posted By: EK2 Re: Spange - 12/21/2014 12:03 PM
I not like it
Posted By: WmN Re: Spange - 06/20/2017 09:14 PM
According to the iron cross 1st spange pics in the library reference here at this website,the configuratison of this spange was made by L/55 or Rudolph Wăchter and Lange. The elbows of both wings are not curvy but rather straight. I have one exactly like yours so i hope therre is a chance that ours are real .
Best,
Will
Posted By: WmN Re: Spange - 06/20/2017 09:15 PM
According to the iron cross 1st spange pics in the library reference here at this website,the configuratison of this spange was made by L/55 or Rudolph Wăchter and Lange. The elbows of both wings are not curvy but rather straight. I have one exactly like yours so i hope therre is a chance that ours are real .
Best,
Will
© Your new forums