UBB.threads
Posted By: minerva Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/03/2012 10:32 PM
Hello, you feel good this medal?

It seems to me that does not have the brand.

Thank you for the help.

Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Attached picture 5.JPG
Attached picture Immagine.JPG
Posted By: SSman Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/04/2012 05:32 PM
From the [pictures it looks like a good "frozen meat" medal! A lot of these were not maker stamped on the ring.
Rod
Posted By: derjager Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/04/2012 05:53 PM
Agreed, it does look like an original medal.
The suspension ring may or may not have been replaced.
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=145029&page=1
Looking through the thread most rings are darkened but some appear bright.

Minerva, can you show the entire suspension ring.

Very good pictures. I need to retake mine. --dj--Joe
Posted By: minerva Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/05/2012 02:20 PM
In the ring there is no trademark. is original?

Attached picture DSCF3660.JPG
Posted By: minerva Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/05/2012 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: SSman
From the [pictures it looks like a good "frozen meat" medal! A lot of these were not maker stamped on the ring.
Rod

Hello, I do not understand English very well. What do you mean by "frozen meat"?
The Germans consider this the frozen meat metal because it was so cold in the Steppe of the Soviet Union during the winter of 1941-42. Many thousands died in this region not from the Soviet enemy but the cold .. It was a metal hard earned and well deserved...
Posted By: SSman Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/07/2012 01:28 AM
Expertly stated Adam.
Rod
Posted By: derjager Re: Medal for the winter compaign in Russia - 02/12/2012 01:50 AM
From that last image, is that a mould line on the edge below the grenade? Both of my examples are zinc/alloy base metal but the edges are smooth. Or at least finished smooth.

--dj--Joe
© Your new forums