UBB.threads
Posted By: TKissinger HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 02:13 AM
No longer have a tinnies book, so what do I have?

Posted By: paulbear Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 02:42 AM
IT is not a postal stamp but a sealer stamp and tinnie for a DAF sponsored HJ rally 1935

PAUL
Posted By: TKissinger Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 02:44 AM

Thanks Paul

OK I'm dumb, what is a sealer stamp, and is it unusual to find them.
Posted By: paulbear Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 02:52 AM
THE same as our EASTER SEAL stamps and yes the first one I have seen associated with an event like this but actually how many would have ever survived . In this case the tinnie is common but with the stamp is very nice
Posted By: JME Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 03:35 AM
This stamp appears to be a rare bird. Is a first one for me. Congratulations! JME
Posted By: TKissinger Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 03:48 AM
Well I guess I got lucky at the SOS, I found two. The green one is smaller than the orange. Wonder why two colors for the same year?

Posted By: paulbear Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 03:56 AM
I would bet there where several colours
Posted By: TKissinger Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 04:00 AM

I also found two Kolonial pins.
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: HJ - DAF - 03/07/2011 02:36 PM
The badge at the top of the thread is not a tinnie, it it much more than that. These are participants badges for the Reichsberufswettkampf competition held jointly by the HJ/DAF. All the participants who were eligible to take part received one.

In later years (1938, 1939 & 1944) the winners of this competition were awarded the large Kreissieger, Gausieger & Reichssieger badges that I'm sure you are familier with.

The stamps are promotional items which were stuck on items/envelopes to promote the event

Cheers
Don
Posted By: TKissinger Re: HJ - DAF - 03/09/2011 04:28 AM
Thanks to Paul, Don and JME for the replies. I thought the stamps were unusual. The vendor selling them thought they were tickets, but when I saw the glue on the back I figured he was mistaken. Anyways they looked neat.

thanks
Posted By: derjager Re: HJ - DAF - 03/09/2011 11:17 PM
Terry, congratulations on a nice find. They should make an excellent display. Tinnie, stamps and a H.J. knife.

Thank you for showing them. --dj--Joe
Posted By: derjager Re: HJ - DAF - 03/12/2011 05:43 PM
"The badge at the top of the thread is not a tinnie, it it much more than that. These are participants badges for the Reichsberufswettkampf competition held jointly by the HJ/DAF. All the participants who were eligible to take part received one."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don, interesting information on the badge. Is it known if it was worn beyond 1935? Is there a 36 or 37 dated participants badge?

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: HJ - DAF - 03/19/2011 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: derjager
"The badge at the top of the thread is not a tinnie, it it much more than that. These are participants badges for the Reichsberufswettkampf competition held jointly by the HJ/DAF. All the participants who were eligible to take part received one."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don, interesting information on the badge. Is it known if it was worn beyond 1935? Is there a 36 or 37 dated participants badge?

--dj--Joe

Hi Joe,

Indeed there was, & there was also one for 1934 as well.....

I don't appear to have scans of all of my own participant's badges for some odd reason so I will have to use archive images from the net, sorry frown

First the 1934. Like the 1935 badge, these are pretty common & often mistaken for tinnies.

Attached picture 34 a.jpg
Attached picture 34 b.jpg
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: HJ - DAF - 03/19/2011 06:19 PM
The ones from 37 through 39 are shown below, unfortunately not in their correct position.

From left to right:

1937, 1939 & 1938.

In order of rarity the 1938's turn up fairly regularly. The 1937's less so. The 1939 is shown here in it's correct colour, they were blackend to the obverse & natural aluminium grey/silver to the reverse. Most of the ones found on the market today seem to have lost most of the blacking, I assume that people suspect that they are dirty & have polished or tried to clean them......

Attached picture Set.jpg
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: HJ - DAF - 03/19/2011 06:23 PM
Finally the rarest of the bunch, the 1936 pin.

These are as rare as the proverbial hens teeth. If you find one being offered for sale & the owner knows what it is, be prepared to part with a lot of cash.....

Attached picture 36.jpg
Posted By: derjager Re: HJ - DAF - 03/19/2011 06:49 PM
Thank you Don. I now recall you picking up the 1936 badge. Of the others I recall seeing only a few 1938 badges for sale or in collections. The 34 badges if I saw them I paid no attention.

Sometimes I feel I forget as much as I recall. crazy

--dj--Joe
Posted By: TKissinger Re: HJ - DAF - 03/20/2011 01:20 AM
The 1935 one that I own doesn't appear to be as heavy or of the same quality as the others. Dam, now I started another collection.
© Your new forums