UBB.threads
Posted By: Mark Giannullo Need help ID'ing 3 different lapel pins - 08/01/2010 04:51 PM
Here are three items I have had for a relatively long time. I have just turned 60 and am starting to thin out the smaller items in my collection. Any help would be MOST appreciated. I can be reached at 1-201-755-1195 or at [email protected]. Items #1 There are 2 different variations. 1 is unmarked. The other is marked STERTLING on the back. The round holding device is marked "L.G. Balfour Co." Aside from this, the 2 pins are identical.

Attached picture reiszeLapel1.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel2.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel3.jpg
I am sorry for the poor quality of the photos. This pin is small and all I am trying to do is give you all an idea of what I have. If you are familiar with this award, you will know if immediately. They are both in Mint condition.Here are a few more.

Attached picture reiszeLapel4.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel6.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel7.jpg
Pin #2. I believe it has something to do with the "Free French" This symbol can be seen at the end of the movie " Casablanca" It is on the airplane that is takin Ingrid Bergman away to freedom. The 2 pins I have are identical and perfect. Both marked "sterling" on back

Attached picture reiszeLapel9.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel10.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapel11.jpg
Pin #3. This is a tiny pin. It has a silver colored diamond with a gold, double-headed eagle in the center. On the chest, there is an up-side-down, black, ceramic(I think) triangle with the number 32 in it.It appears to be gold as there is no tarnishing to it after MANY years. BUT thats just my guess. I am hoping I can get an ID and<more importantly> avalue of one or all of these pins. This website has been a real blessing the last few months, both with the GOOD information that was given to me and also the VERY NICE people I've met. I hope you'll be able to help one more time. Thanks in advance. Peace, Mark -201-755-1195 or [email protected]
PS- I know these photos are not great and if you need others, contact me and I will try.

Attached picture reiszeLapelPolish1.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapelPolish2.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapelPolish3.jpg
More of #3

Attached picture reiszeLapelPolish4.jpg
Attached picture reiszeLapelPolish5.jpg
Better photos needed?
Posted By: derjager Re: Need help ID'ing 3 different lapel pins - 08/02/2010 07:29 PM
I recognize none of the emblems. I do not believe them to be German. L. G. Balfour is a U.S. company.

The cross could be a fraternal order.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: derjager Re: Need help ID'ing 3 different lapel pins - 08/02/2010 07:35 PM
The second set, the winged seahorse is the emblem of Air Orient / Air France, it is known as hippocampe ail�.
Air Orient an airline based in France, was merged with Air France in 1933.

The last pin you may need better images. Can you scan it?

--dj--Joe
© Your new forums