UBB.threads
Posted By: derjager Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 06/16/2007 02:03 PM
Saved images from the Organizational Pins Badges thread. Big Grin

Will attempt to sort them into seperate catagories.
Heres 2. There are glued Roll Eyes onto a ring case that belonged to a family member..,G.

Attached picture ORGforum.jpg
NSV

Attached picture 1.jpg
NSV
Reverse.
--dj--Joe

Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Gents,

Not necessarily organizational pins, but here are two examples of shooting award badges from the city of Trier. The small red robe is indicative of Christ's robe, which is Trier's "claim to fame" so to speak.

A good friend remembered having seen the first one that I had in silver, a second place decoration, and grabbed this one for me at the recent SOS. The first place gold award is in almost flawless condition and from the exact same competition. What are the odds of that? Smile

Best regards!

Bill Warda

Attached picture Trierfrontsm.JPG
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
2/2

Attached picture Trierbacksm.JPG
The back says:

"Touched to the Holy shirt" (hl = heiligen = holy).

Maybe the pin was touched to the holy relic shirt of Trier, like consecrating a banner, or it is more symbolic, like "touched by an Angel". I suspect it might have actually been brought into contact with the relic in the Catholic tradition of touching holy objects.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Well here's my contribution to this great thread, ADJV badges to a few of the different regions,

Gary

Attached picture ADJVbadge1a.jpg
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM

Attached picture ADJVbadge1b.jpg

Attached picture ADJVBadge1c.jpg

Attached picture ADJV_Badge.jpg

Attached picture ADJV_hannover_ausstellung.jpg
Here's a nice hunting badge

Attached picture Jagertruer_badge.jpg
Gents,

Here's another that's pretty neat. A 25 year anniversary pin for the Paderborn locomotive club,
dating to right around 1930. The nice graphic is even better when it's sitting in front of you on the desk!

Best to all,

Bill

Attached picture Paderborn1sm.jpg
We've had the small gardeners badge, so here's the 20yr version.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Kleingartner_20yr_ob.jpg
Round 1st Pattern Frauenschaft.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Round_Frauenschaft_a.jpg
Reverse

Attached picture Round_Frauenschaft_rev_a.jpg
Very nice Don, this early produced badge is very scarce I would think...I am still looking for one! I think I read somewhere this was only produced in 1933! Regards, Duane
Thanks Duane,

Yes, I also believe it was only used for the one year. Glad you like it.

Cheers
Don
Here's one you don't see often, a NSJ-Mächenschaft badge. It's tiny, about the same size as a party badge.

Any opinions welcome.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSJ-Mächenschaft_oba.jpg
reverse

Attached picture NSJ-Mächenschaft_reva.jpg
Very nice Don, first time I have seen one of these. Thank you for sharing. Regards, Duane
Well I thought it was time we woke my favorite thread up. Anything new to add guys?

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Large_round_DRK_ob_a.jpg
The reverse

Attached picture Large_round_DRK_rev_a.jpg
Posted By: Koj Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
nothing spectacularly don.
here are some of mine...

Attached picture nadeln1.JPG
Don, very nice! I have had one of those on my "wanna" list for some time. Smile

Koj, also very nice! Smile I have never before seen the DAF stick pin you show. If possible could we see a close up. Do not see many of the studentbund pieces either.

Thanks to you both!

--dj--Joe
Thank you Gentlemen.

Nothing spectacular Koj says.... Only a silver Studentenbund badge which is probably the golden fleece to us NSDStB collectors! Cool And the solicitors badge......

Well done Flo, you know who will buy them when you decide to sell them Wink

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Koj Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
hello,
here some close up´s.
NSDStB with number "826" and the DAF "Werber" pin only with "Ges.Gesch".
I hope the pictures are good?!
best regards from Germany Smile
Flo (Koj)

Attached picture sad.JPG
and the DAF-Pin

Attached picture daf.JPG
Flo (Koj), excellent pictures and superb items. Thanks for sharing.

--dj--Joe
Don't think we've seen these two here?

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Freie_Schwesternschaft_oba.jpg
The gubbins

Attached picture Freie_Schwesternschaft_reva.jpg
The next. Not sure if it's really classed as an organisational badge or a posh tinnie.....

Cheers
don

Attached picture KDF_oba.jpg
the works

Attached picture KDF_reva.jpg
Nice pin´s don !
I´ve found two more...
The right one im my favourite pin, it is a pin of the "Betriebssportgemeinschaft Adler".

The left one is also very nice, it is a crew member´s badge of the KdF ship "Wilhelm Gustloff".

Attached picture ad.JPG
Gents,

All outstanding additions, I especially like the last two posted by Herr Wuest. First class!

Bill Warda
Thank you gentlemen.

Flo,

Very nice, I also had my eye on the Betriebssportgemeinschaft Adler pin, well done.

Cheers
Don
Thank you guys. I´ve found three more Big Grin
NSBO 1st und 2nd versions
and the very rare DAFJ pin (it came with a nice info letter)

Attached picture gddafj.JPG
Very nice Flo. What was in the letter?

Cheers
Don
thank you.
@Don,
here´s one page of the document. It´s more an info pamphlet with a list of meetings and supporters. Date: November 1933
best regards
Florian Wuest (Koj)

Attached picture dafj.JPG
Excellent!

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers
Don
Thanks for sharing the image from the pamphlet.
Now I have yet another pin to be on the lookout for. Wink

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Wood Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Buy in haste, repent at leisure.
An old comrades association badge I just bought.
Not sure of the organisation, but I am pretty sure that there is a small Iron cross missing from the centre of the badge. I've seen a post with this badge on somewhere but I can't find it.
Have you got it Don.
A confirming picture would be nice if someone has one, and the proper name of the organisation.
Regards,
Pete

Attached picture Naval-organisatin-25-year-b.jpg
Hi Pete,

What a travesty, yes it should have an EK in the middle Frown.

I'm afraid I don't have one yet, but here is a scan of the 25 & 40 from Hüsken's catalogue. Please excuse the distorted shape of the 25, but I couldn't get the page flat...... The badge is round in the book

It's a 25yr membership badge for the NS Deutscher Marinebund (NSDMB), it also came in 40 & 50 Year versions.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSDMB.jpg
Posted By: Wood Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Thanks, Don.
Now where am I going to find a teeny Iron cross. Anybody got the stickpin!!! or two.
Regards,
Pete
This one is a youth badge I think Romanian or Hungarian maker is HAURICK DRESDER.Extremely well made badge. Any more info much appreciated.

Paul

Attached picture youth.jpg
Another unusual one.

The Steirischer Heimatbund, formed in the Austrian region of Styria, & after the invasion of Yogolslavia, from Volksdeutsche in Untersteiermark (Slovenian Štajerska).

The badges came in two sizes, a large (3.5cm) plastic form shown here & a smaller (2cm) size, usually made of metal.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Steirischer_Plastic_Ob_a.jpg
Here's the set including both sizes if badge, the Wehrmannschaft pass showing the symbol, Mitglied card, fully stamped until early 1945 & the Kennkarte.

The Wehrmannschaft were formed to combat the Partisans & defend against the approaching Red Army.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Steirischer_set_a.jpg
The gem of the set is the pass photo showing a badge in wear......

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Steirischer_a.jpg
Don, thanks for sharing! A most interesting grouping! I had seen images of the lone badge but not an in wear photo nor a grouping.
Nice acquisition. Smile

--dj--Joe
WW 1 VETERAN WOUND PIN BACK,,THE MERCURY IS TO SHOW THE SIZE OF PIN...DAVE H

Attached picture MVC-035F.JPG
Dave H. That is a nice pin! Smile Simple yet powerful symbols!

--dj--Joe
Here is my SS civilian pin.

Cheers

Raymond

Attached picture SS_civilian_pin_73798_F.jpg
Here's one you don't see everyday. A Führer's badge for the NSDFBSt (Nationalsozialistischer Deutscher Frontkämpferbund (Stahlhelm) ). These were worn on the cross strap of the Sam Browne belt.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSDFDSt_Führer_ob_a.jpg
The unmarked reverse showing clasps or prongs for putting through the leather.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSDFDSt_Führer_rev_a.jpg
Just occurred to me that this one seems to have escaped this thread somehow.

Frauenhilfsdienst für Wohlfahrts und Krankenpflege.

Marked A.Stübbe Berlin

Cheers
Don

Attached picture FR.jpg
Same again but this time unmarked. I believe these are the only two forms available, I don't think there was another maker.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture FR_2.jpg
My latest addition in a long while.
--dj--Joe
Obverse.

Attached picture ST_1.jpg
Any thoughts as to what organization this represents, if any? Stalhelm? Early political supporters pin?
--dj--Joe
Reverse.

Attached picture ST_2.jpg
An aside. This item ran afoul of the shipping gremlins. Got cracked near the lower point.
The dealer, Mr. Gambino, has been more than fair.
--dj--Joe

Attached picture scan0002.jpg
Nice badge Joe.

According to Hüsken it's an membership badge fo an Austrian organisation called Verband "Deutsche Wehr"

Cheers
Don
Thank You Don. That's the first I have heard about the Austrian Organization.

Have you picked up any new items.

--dj--Joe
Nothing badge wise lately Frown

Cheers
Don
Finally got something new:

Reichsverband Deutscher Offiziere (RDO)

Due to the glare, the silvering isn't as bright as the scan shows

Cheers
Don

Attached picture RDO_ob_a.jpg
MM Fleck & Sohn, Hamburg 3

Attached picture RDO_rev_b.jpg
Don, congratulations, another nice acqusition. I like the balanced appearance of the badge. So much to see on such a small item. Smile

--dj--Joe
Thanks Joe.

Here's my latest. Not quite in the condition I like but it's taken me forever to find one, so it will have to do until a better one comes along.

The black bordered Reichsverband des Kraftfahrgewerbes membership badge. Now to find the red bordered version......

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Driving_badge_black_border_ob_a.jpg
Maker Paulmann & Crone

Attached picture Driving_badge_black_border_rev_a.jpg
Nice badge Don. I like it condition and all. Smile
That is actually the condition I prefer.
Best of luck on the red bordered example!

--dj--Joe
Time to wake this sleeping beast of a thread again Big Grin

I don't think we've seen this one here. Reichsverband deutscher Fleischbeschauer und Trichinenschaur Verbände (RdFuTr), basically meat & intestine inspectors for human consumption.

Again the badge isn't as bright as it looks, the scanner strikes again.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture RdFuTr_ob_a.jpg
rev.

Attached picture RdFuTr_rev_a.jpg
Don

The RDFuTr stickpin is a new one to me, nice pickup.

TKissinger
Don, nice addition, an interesting organizational pin.

--dj--Joe
Thank you Gentlemen.

Here's an unusual one & a recent find. Probably the only item in my collection that doesn't have a swastika (not including SS items).

The scan doesn't really do this badge justice, it's very crisply struck with sharp definition.

Opferring for the Gau Hessen-Nassau.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Opfer-ring_Gau_Hessen-Nassau_ob_a.jpg
Reverse

Attached picture Opfer-ring_Gau_Hessen-Nassau_rev_a.jpg
Don, Nice looking badge. If I may ask, what size is the Opferring badge?

--dj--Joe
No problem Joe, it's 20mm, a little smaller than a party badge.

Cheers
Don
Here's an interesting little pin for the Kampfbund für deutsche Kultur (KfdK). The organisation was only in existance between 1929 - 1934.

Usually when we see painted or Lacquered pins we associate them with late war. However this cannot be the case with these, I wonder then if it is the opposite - very early period when people could not afford the luxery of an enamel badge & paid less for painted?

In case anyone is wondering, the odd shape on top of the inverted triangle is supposed to represent the winged helmet of mercury.....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture KfdK_stickpin_set_a.jpg
My lone VDA example. Roll Eyes I hope someday to snag the other two types that I know are floating around out there.

--dj--Joe

Description: vda
Attached picture vda.jpg
And reverse,

Attached picture Picture_127.jpg
Here are some of mine. First RLB,

Attached picture Picture_124.jpg
Duane, nice pieces. It was particularly interesting to see the later war Senior Helper's.

Here is a GDAO to go with your GAO. Smile

--dj--Joe

Description: gdao
Attached picture gdao.jpg
Here are a couple more. Late Senior Red Cross Helper and silver membership pin to the Gesamtverband Arbeitsopfer.

Attached picture Picture_126.jpg
Joe here's some type of photo association pin.

Attached picture 56.jpg
Nice pins guys.

Two of my N.S.A.D pins.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Nsad_a.jpg
Here's the standard version of the Verdienstabzeichen der N.S. Kreigsopferversorgung

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Verdienstabzeichen_der_N.S._Kreigsopferversorg.jpg
Here is a variant Verdienstabzeichen der N.S. Kreigsopferversorgung, by Steinhauer & Luck.

Attached picture Cheerleading_and_birthday_party_002.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Jamie, but if the truth be known I learnt everything I know about these from John Pepera. He's the guy who's built a beautiful collection of these fine pins & made a study of them.

I also agree with your earlier comment, I think it's time for an enamels & tinnies forum.

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Reini Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
And the reverse:

Attached picture jagdbackalt.JPG
And reverse mark by S&L. That's all for tonight. Regards, Duane

Attached picture Cheerleading_and_birthday_party_004.jpg
Posted By: Reini Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
And the maker close-up:

Attached picture jagdmakeralt.JPG
Nice items all. I'm going to post this one and shut down for tonight. Roll Eyes

--dj--Joe

Description: S
Attached picture DN.jpg
Nice original SS/FM you have there Jamie, here's mine.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture FM_pin_full_front_a.jpg
Here's the enamel version of the Senior Helper's badge.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture DRK_1.jpg
Deutsche Jagerschaft.

--dj--Joe

Description: dj
Attached picture dj.jpg
Bill Stump helped identify this one.Anybody want to guess?

Attached picture kreig.jpg
True,thank you also Mr. Pepera you too have been a great teacher.
Always look foward to reading his postings.
German Hunt Protector's Association , I think.

Attached picture jagdfrontalt.JPG
Joe I missed a nice VDA pin (pin back type) on e pier about three weeks ago, went for less than 1/3 of it's value, been kicking myself every day since.

Those N.S.A.D pins Don has are rare.

Duane always has some nice pins to post.

It would be nice if we had a fourm for enamels and tinnies.

These pins posted, I didn't miss.

Smile

Attached picture 145.JPG
Since I was here nosing around amongst the pictures Wink. Thought I would contribute another.

Stahlhelm.

--dj--Joe

Description: St
Attached picture DS2.jpg
And it's sister, the honour pin.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture FM_honour_pin_full_front_a.jpg
Thank you Don, yours are beautiful examples. reading your postings on this forum and others regarding these badges really helped me allot, thanks. Below is the first one that I owned, traded it to Mike Pinkus for two pocket badges, really missed it, and now lucky enough to run across another that won't leave my collection.
I think he still has this one for sale.

Smile

Attached picture 12_1_b.JPG
Frauenschafts are like peanuts - you can't have just one...

Attached picture frauen.jpg
Nimble1, Tom, I remember this item so I will let someone else answer. Nice piece and I would think somewhat rare to locate.
Thanks for posting it. Smile

Regards,--dj--Joe
Very nice collection TKissinger ! Smile

This isn't much to look at but I haven't seen any others,I'm told that it was for the Turnerbund (Gymnastics Association).

Attached picture Dt.jpg
Here's a Slovak "Deutsche Arbeitsfront der Deutschen Partei" member stickpin.

Attached picture Slovak_Gear.jpg
And a NS Alteherren Bund der Deutschen Studenten mini-stickpin:

Attached picture nsdstbfront.jpg
OK...Let me see if I can remember this correctly. Maybe Joe can help if I screw up.
According to a collector friend of Bill Stump's, it was a pin to signify a member or commander of a gun crew on the early armed merchant marine ships. These ships were a part of the KDF fleet and were not supposed to be armed.
As you can see its a pretty obscure pin. I did copy the info down when Bill posted it and if I find it I will check it to be sure.
I would say something to do with Coastal Artillary.The swastica in the cogwheel is throwing me off.Civilian worker maybe?
Ray
That's what I recorded. Flak qualification pin/badge for a KdF ship crew member.

--dj--Joe
Joe,
I've never seen another.Don't imagine that there were many made. I tried to find the original post but I guess it was lost in the switchover.
And the back...

Attached picture frauenleaderIIrev.jpg
Very nice Stephen & TKissinger, keep 'em coming Cool

Cheers
Don
Last one for a while...

This is the Deutsche Christen group, formed in '33/'34 as a Nazi lobby group to influence the outcome of the election of local Protestant Bishops. Very high quality gilt and nicely marked on the reverse.

Attached picture christian.jpg
Back:

Attached picture nsdstbrev.jpg
Now you've got me started. I love the organizational badges.

Here's the Reichs Kultur Kammer (Reich Chamber of Culture).

Attached picture rkk.jpg
Here's one I found in a Florida junk shop on holidays (the stuff my wife puts up with Roll Eyes).

It's a Type II Closer Staff Reich Level Frauenshaft Leader Badge. The back is marked simply with the RZM mark and "63" for Steinhauer & Luck. The lack of the "M1" means it was made between December 1934 when RZM marks became mandatory and March 1935 when the M numbers were given out.

Heering / Husken's last edition had this one pegged at 3500 DM (!).

Attached picture frauenleaderIIft.jpg
OK, so I lied. Here's one more for the VDA lovers. Sorry for the poor photo - the digital camera is on its last legs. It's a highly vaulted cream coloured enamel with gold and blue palm; unmarked on reverse.

Attached picture vda.jpg
Last one tonight: German Auto Association...

Attached picture DDACback.jpg
quote:
Originally posted by derjager:
That's what I recorded. Flak qualification pin/badge for a KdF ship crew member.

--dj--Joe

Everything comes to he who waits! So thats what it is! 30+ years waiting.
Almost as long to finally get back on this forum.
Hi all,
Regards,
Pete
Posted By: Duzig Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Hello all,
Here's my oval variant of the nurse's badge by C.T.D. I believe it's for a floor nurse. I also have one with black border which i think is for a wardmaster. I love these organizational badges. That teno stickpin is tops!
Duzig

Description: Floor nurse badge
Attached picture nurse.jpg
Pete ..do you have one of the KdF pins? I don't imagine that there are many of these around.
Here is another student pin and a couple of others. Duane

Attached picture Picture_118.jpg
Tom,
Yes I do, mine has a broken pin, I'll dig it out (on my Kreigsmarine display, somewhere) and post a pic. I always thought it was something to do with coastal art. as well, but the cogwheel?
regards,
Pete
Ok, anyone know this one.

TKissinger
TKissinger,- the green & white enameled stickpin you posted with the initials "DKW", is the logo of the German Automobile manufacturing firm of DKW, they also made motorcycles. DKW = Dampfe-Kraft-Wagen (steam powered vehicle).
N.S. HAGO / NSBO / DAF

--dj--Joe

Description: l
Attached picture l.jpg
Reichsnahrstand.

--dj--Joe

Description: r
Attached picture r.jpg
Great pin Stephen!!
I've never seen one of those.
I like the oddball organizations -

Here's one most books show as "unidentified". It's for Autobahn officials.

Attached picture 350.jpg
I didn't know what it was myself until I saw a photo with the design mounted on top of an Autobahn administrative building. I was lucky and dug up the grainy photo I first saw it in.

Attached picture autobahn.jpg
Here is a DRL members and a Deutscher Turnverein.

--dj--Joe

Description: s
Attached picture s.jpg
I'm going to have to do some digging too. Wink

SA

--dj--Joe

Description: sa
Attached picture sa.jpg
Don't remember where I got this one.It was listed in Heering-Husken as
"Volkssozialistische Selbsthilfe". Now thats a mouthful!!

Attached picture VSfront.jpg
Reichsflagge, interesting pin, appears to be an early one.

Here is a DLV.

--dj--Joe

Description: dlv
Attached picture dlv.jpg
NSFK Forderer (sponser).

--dj--Joe

Description: nsfk
Attached picture f.jpg
Another one not seen often. Listed as "Reichsflagge"

Attached picture Reichsflagge.jpg
Excellent detective work Stephen, I sometimes find that's what this hobby is all about. Spotting the clues hidden away some where waiting to be found.

Bill,
I agree wholeheartedly, welldone guys, just wish I had more to share. I'll have to dig out the rest of my DRK's.

Cheers
Don
Gentlemen,

I just wanted to say what a nice thread this has turned out to be. Thanks to Joe and all those who've taken time to post their interesting organizational pins and badges for all of us to enjoy. Great job fellas, keep up the good work!

Best to all!

Bill
I don't have any problems with it, the pin is a little oversized, but I've seen that several times before.

Cheers
Don
Congratulations Joe, your wife has good taste.

Here's a another little Xmas present to myself.

RKK Stickpin.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture RKK_Stick_a.jpg
- Roll Eyes-

--dj--Joe

Description: y
Attached picture dj.jpg
Don, thanks, my wife takes good care of me.
Thanks also for posting your RKK pin. I don't think anyone will mind seeing another. It's good to view the various pin attachment methods.

Here's my other Christmas present.

Description: dj
Attached picture dj.jpg
Another

Attached picture DRK_red_oval.jpg
Ok, What about the Oval DRK variants.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture DRK_Blue_oval.jpg
Reverse.
Speaking of pin attachment methods, any one have any thoughts or comments on this one? Roll Eyes

--dj--Joe

Description: rev.
Attached picture dj_rev..jpg
Jagd Aufseher badge.

1st type.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Hunting_Warden_1st_type_ob_a.jpg
Pin back version of Joe's Deutsche Jagerschaft stickpin shown earlier.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Hunting_Assc_Ob_a.jpg
Not sure if this should really be here, but what the heck..... I like it, sorry.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture KDP_1a.jpg
I've been through Hüsken as well but I can't see anything like it.

Sorry.

Don
NSKK
Obverse.
--dj--Joe

Description: 1
Attached picture 1_001.jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Don,

Just look at the detailed texture on the horns! Very nice badge.

And very clear pictures by the way. Thanks for the look.
Very nice Joe, I do like the NSKK eagle. Here's a Gau leaders Frauenschaft.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Frau_red_ob.jpg
Reverse

Attached picture Frau_red_rev.jpg
NSKK
Reverse.
--dj--Joe

Description: 2
Attached picture 2.jpg
Postal
Obverse

Attached picture postal_pin.jpg
Kursk,

Thanks for the info, I had been wondering about exactly what the purpose of these badges were.

Cone states that they (at least, the Robert Ley one featured in his publication) were issued to the crews. However, I had wondered whether they were tourist items sold to the passengers.

Cheers
Don
Ian,
some nice pieces there, thanks for posting them.

Pete,
Thanks. It says Kreis Jena-Stadtroda & is marked with a manufacturs symbol which has been suggested could be William Hobacher.....

I have another of these which is totally unmarked on the reverse. However the distinct pattern in the pebbling under the red enamel has the same faults, so must have come from the same die.

Cheers
Don
Joe, the one with the DAF cogwheel was obtained on a rotational basis by DAF men working as labourers on the boat or when in drydock..

I have had one with the KDF symbol as well..
The second

Attached picture Gustloff_variant_2_ob_a.jpg
Postal
Reverse

Attached picture postal_pin2.jpg
Thanks Joe, seems to be, took me years to find one.

The thread is dropping down the page again, although looking at the date it was started I guess we will lose it soon.....Frown

Here are two of the three variants of the M.S. Wilhelm Gustloff badges, the third has the KdF symbol on the flag, still looking for that one. The reverses are unmarked.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Gustloff_variant_1_ob_a.jpg
Reverse

Attached picture Deutche_Kindergruppe_rev.jpg
Don & Joe,

Thanks for the comments.
Sounds good - I'll start a RADwJ [Reichsarbeitsdienst fur den Weiblichen Jugend] thread when I get some more photos sized down to 100k.

When I was buying these, I was purchasing them all, not specific makers. The rarest is the second pattern.

I'll also list the makers that I've encountered.

I've also got RADwJ photo IDs.
Matching photo ID/brooch combos, etc.
I'll show some of those as well.
I'll try to choose the attractive females :^).

You've got to be careful with these brooches, as certain patterns/grades are faked.
I'll cover that also.

I also have a pile of NS-Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk pins for this thread. I'll photo a group.

On a commercial note, I have seven (7) RADwJ photo albums. I think I'll post some on the "For Sale" section of the site.

Keep an eye out for a new thread,
Kevin
Very impressive KevinS. These deserve a thread of their own, do you collect by maker as well or just grade?

Joe,

Thanks. Nothing more I'm afraid. There's a great book by Jill Stephenson called "The Nazi Organisation of Women" which goes into great detail about the bitter war between the Frauenschaft & the BDM over control of the "girls groups" (mainly between the ages 11 - 18, but younger as well). Girls groups had been formed from as early as the 1920's by the various NS related women's groups (inc the Deutscher Frauenorden) & it was strongly believed by the leaders of the NSF that "the girls belonged with the women" a direct challenge to the edict that "youth should be led by youth".

The NSF won an important victory in March 1935 when it was assigned sole responsibility for organising 6 - 10 year olds of both sexes in "childrens groups". Hitler himself decided that the NSF & not the Reichsjugendführung (Baldur von Schirach's office) should assume this task.

However, unfortunately no mention is made of any insignia or badges in this section of the book, or how the "childrens groups" were organised......

Cheers
Don
Deutsches Frauenwerk pin with membership card.
The reverse of the card has small frauenwerk dues stamps.

Kevin

Attached picture IMG_0074.JPG
KevinS., quite a collection. Smile I do not run across these all that often. Only have two, a bronze and a silver? I think it's silver (silver plated obverse, grey/green reverse, both of the smooth plain edge varity. Grade eludes me at the moment. I checked my notes, Jungfuhrerin for the bronze. Sound correct?

Thanks for sharing! Smile If you do not mind can you give us a run down on the rank grades and what pattern was when?

--dj--Joe
National Socialist Frauenschaft 2nd pattern pins.

Kevin

Attached picture IMG_0081.JPG
National Socialist Frauenschaft 3rd pattern pins.

Kevin

Attached picture IMG_0079.JPG
Joe,

Oh, I guess I'm paranoid.
Yes that was a great thread.

kevin
Attaching a link with a number of pins.
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/800097573/m/1910043904

--dj--Joe
I'd like to share my RADwJ (Female RAD) brooches.

From top: 1st, 2nd, 3rd pattern brooches in different grades.

Kevin

Attached picture radwj.JPG
Frauenamt der DAF - Female DAF pins

Color piping is the typical political system.
Yellow - Reich
Red - Gau
White - Kreis
Blue - Ortsgruppe

Kevin

Attached picture IMG_0076.JPG
Good link Joe, I'd forgotten that thread.

Here's one not often seen......

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Deutche_Kindergruppe_ob_a.jpg
Werkluftschutz, an organization I know next to nothing about. Interesting design to the pin. Factory air raid personnel?
I do recall seeing in the past some different colored cloth emblems for the organization.

--dj--Joe
rev

Attached picture luft_2.jpg
While I had the vault open I dug out another. I don't think that I've posted this one before..... Apologies if so.

Rheinbahn badge

Not really sure what this one was used for, it could be just a good or long service badge.

However there was a strong affiliation between the Rheinbahn workers & the NSDAP. The canteen at Düsseldorf's central depot on Erkrather Strasse was converted into a Party meeting room, & this central depot became the point of departure for the First of May marches. So the badge could also be something to do with this.

In 1937 the ‘Working People’s Exhibition’ was held in Düsseldorf to demonstrate the power of National Socialism to the rest of the world. The Rheinbahn operated a mini railway through the exhibition, the carriages were pulled by an express train locomotive on a scale of 1:5. A UFA newsreel provided detailed coverage of the exhibition and the visit by the Hermann Goering. The badge could just as easily have been for Rheinbahn personel who worked or help make the event a success, or maybe sold to members of the public at the exhibition.

Whatever it's intended use, it's a fine & rare badge.

The reverse is unmarked.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Rhein_bahn_ob.jpg
Why thank you Gentlemen.

Although I'm not sure that I warrent one for simply for "showing off" my dainties here.

However I certainly agree with Joe's nomination Cool

Thank you again

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Dave Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
DJ has nominated Don Scowen for the Great Thread Badge based on this thread and I agree.

Since DJ is a modest Moderator, I have nominated him after discussing it with Vern.

Congratulations to you both. Your threads and contibutions are appreciated.

Regards,
Dave
A choice item you've found there Joe, very nice.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers
Don
Don, what an intriguing badge. Unique color design and complexity, it has it all.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for it's twin. Smile

--dj--Joe
Thank you, Dave and Vern. I feel I am the least deserving of this consideration. I do appreciate it.

Don, your contributions far exceed any reward that could be bestowed. You have initiated and contributed to numerous threads with knowledge freely given.

--dj--Joe
I wish we had a blushing icon as I could do with it now.....

Thanks Joe it's much appreciated.

Well I supposed I'd better dig something else out of the vault Big Grin

How about this a Werkluftschutz members pin, serialised to the rear.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture luft_1.jpg
Yes Joe I've seen those as well. It's not an organisation that I know much about either. I'm hoping that it's covered in the new Luftschutz book that's just come out.

Cheers
Don
You tell me??????????

Attached picture PICT1778.JPG
DRV, RADFAHRER
German Bicycle association.
--dj--Joe
Obverse.

Attached picture scan0023.jpg
I feel the small circles were intended as guide lines for a swing pin attachment. Has any one seen these with pin back as opposed to the stickpin examples?

--dj--Joe
Well, I still do not have the book, Roll Eyes did get to leaf through an example, probably best I do not have one, many that I would want.
Thanks to Don for looking this up for me. Smile
REK - Reichsvereinigung ehemaliger Kriegsgefangener.
(Reichs association of former POW's).
--dj--Joe Thanks Don.
Obverse.

Attached picture REK_1_Assoc._of_former_POW's.jpg
Yes I agree,these music pins are something nice to look at.You do have some nice ones yourself!!Like the honour pin some pages earlier.

Nice meeting you on my watch Big Grin You know the pin and me.....I followed you and DJ.....just a new name-if that only worked with faces that easy.I have seen something veeeeery nice from the Saar in this thread,Don.We need to talk Wink

Best

D
You are most welcome Joe.

A very nice pin, first time I've seen one as well. Perhaps not so many of the POW's joined the organisation.....

Cheers
Don
Only marked Ges. Gesch.

Attached picture NSDMB_rev.jpg
Thanks Joe, I must admit as soon as I saw them I thought "I have to have them". They were a good price too Wink

Cheers
Don
Thanks Don

No TM on the back. The prongs are simular to what is on the back of the diamond that goes in the grip of the HJ knife. HJ diamond prongs are flatter than this one.

Hello Terry,

It's post WWII and very nice! This is the first cased stickpin I've seen and is very worthwhile holding on to. I've got a mess o' these DJV units myself. They're among the best-made postwar pins, badges and such that I've seen.

If I get a chance I'll post some of the badges so that some of the guys can have a look.

Best regards!

Bill
2nd. version of three styles.
With all the former POW's I wonder that
this pin is not more often seen.
--dj--Joe
Reverse. (Unmarked).

Attached picture REK_2_Assoc._of_former_POW's.jpg
Reverse marked for Poellath, you can sometimes find them unmarked as well.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSKG_Poellath_rev_a.jpg
Getting quiet again, time to raid the collection for another trinket.....

Following on from the KfdK badge posted 14 posts back, in June 1934 the KdfK was joined with the Reichsbund deutsche Bühne to form the NS Kulturgemeinde (NSKG). This organisation didn't last long either as in 1937 the KdF absorbed it.

There is supposed to be an enamel version as well, but so far I've never seen one.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSKG_Poellath_ob_a.jpg
Reverse is exactly the same as the one shown by Pete.

Attached picture NSDMB_25_rev.jpg
TKissinger,

It's the membership badge for the Deutsche Jugend in Slovakia. Looks nice, what's the back like?

Joe,

Nice badge. I do not recall ever seeing a pinback version of this pin, but I've always assumed as you that the circles are for this purpose.

Until recently, I'd only seen this maker as well. However, a few months back Detlev had one by another for sale. Unfortunately I can make out who it is & I wasn't quick enough to get it Frown

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Detlev.jpg
Referring back to Wood's post on page 6 of this thread, here's a 25yr membership badge for the NS Deutscher Marinebund (NSDMB) with the Iron Cross in place.

The perspective looks a little odd here as the badge wouldn't lay flat on the scanner due to the raised iron cross on the front Frown

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSDMB_25_ob.jpg
While were on the subject of the NSDMB, here's the membership pin.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSDMB_ob.jpg
An excellent example of the DRV badge can be found on this link.
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/800097573/...490010653#8490010653
(Scroll up a bit, it will not lock in on the spot I desire). Roll Eyes

Most of the silvering is long gone from my example.

DRV.
Reverse.
--dj--Joe

Attached picture scan0020.jpg
Thanks for the extra picture. Could be a dagger emblem, I believe that they also had daggers, if not, could be a cap badge for them.

Cheers
Don
I am guessing pre-war. The stag head has a patina like bronze. The background behind the stag is a dark gray. I would guess the main part of the medal is silver with a gold wash.
OK, the question is post-war WW1 or WW2.

I'm to young to reference any-thing to WW1. Smile

I was thinking pre WW2. What years 19xx-19xx.
Very nice pins Wachmann, especially the Westmark, been looking for one of those for a while, well done!

The music pins do have some great designs don't you think?

Thanks for showing these.

Cheers
Don
Getting quiet again, time to dig out another.

NSRKB- "Kriegs-Freiwilliger" der Kameradschaft der Kriegsfreiwilligen von 1914/18

From what I understand a WWI volunteers section of the NSRKB.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Kriegs_Freiwilliger_ob_a.jpg
Posted By: benten Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Don, thanks for posting this nice badge.
Cheers,
Benten
Please follow this link to an assortment of organizational pins/badges, containing a number of rarely seen items.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/800097573/m/7730014754/p/1

Thanks, Don.

--dj--Joe
I'm sorry Benten, but I am unable to answer your questions. I'm not very good at the details of these organisations Frown

Here's one you don't see very often, a throat badge from the Charité Teaching hospital in Berlin. Founded in 1710 to treat plague, it's one of (if not the) oldest hospitals in Germany.

Attached picture Charité_type_I_ob_a.jpg
Posted By: benten Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
backside.........

Attached picture 2P1120460detwc60kb.jpg
Wachmann, welcome and thank you. Big Grin I also appreciate the Sangerbund pins. I have only gotten around to obtaining three examples. I must get with it! Roll Eyes
If I may ask, does the second example you show have a gilt leaf? I have an example with a silver leaf.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the forum.

--dj--Joe
Why, you sneaky person Big Grin For a brief moment I did wonder but then decided no as I'd never seen the other music pin Cool.

Welcome aboard my friend.

Cheers
Don
Don, thanks for your good info. Some thoughts...I presume the DLV stopped when the Luftwaffe was instituted in 1935?
If so, the tinnie is from between 1933-1935 ?
Or perhaps the DLV went on as a sports- association, then the pin could be later...?
Cheers,
Benten
Reverse marked GRR, the scanner can't pick it up I'm afraid.

Attached picture NS_Beamtenfachschaft_rev_a.jpg
quote:
Originally posted by benten:
Here is a DLV pin ; Deutsche Luftsport Verband, German Airsport Association.Any info is welcome.

Very nice Benten, this is the type 3 membership badge for the DLV & the 1st one to have a Swastika on it (the earlier two badges did not have one).

Cheers
Don
Graf Zeppelin pin...as you see it is small.

Attached picture 1P1120459OKwc64kb.jpg
Here is a DLV pin ; Deutsche Luftsport Verband, German Airsport Association.Any info is welcome.

Attached picture 1P1120446detwc64kb.jpg
Reverse marked for Godet & serial numbered. Please fogive my covering the number, just trying to deter fakers.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Charité_type_I_rev_a.jpg
I confess! I wanted to know where the other kids play while I have to watch the old cartoons on the telly.Seriously I registered some time ago to find info on some dagger I had,but had not realised at that time that there is more than daggers out here.
I added a few documents to my Kolonialbund pins.
Not music I'm afraid but a members pin for the NS Beamtenfachschaft (The NS Official Trade Association). It's so tiny, measuring only 12.34mm across.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NS_Beamtenfachschaft_ob_a.jpg
backside.............

Attached picture 2P1120443det2wc64kb.jpg
Here's an unusual one, Förderung d. Reitersturmes, Lübeck.

The detail on this piece is exceptional, what doesn't show in the scan unfortunately is just how 3D it is.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Förderung_d._reitersturmes_Lübeck_ob_a.jpg
Impressive item Don. A big thumbs up on the Förderung d. Reitersturmes.

--dj--Joe

And there is that square pin retaining plate!
Here's one that I do not know what to make of it. At first I though it was a tinnie, but there is no specific date. It's silver marked 800 on the reverse (can't see it in the scan as it's too small).

I'm wondering whether it was a commemorative badge of some sort for early members of the NS Lehrerbund celebrating the 1933 victory? Similar to a Gau badge recognising their loyalty?...... Or it could just be a silver tinnie...

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NRSL_1933_ob_a.jpg
DDAC GAU PIN SER 990

Attached picture ddac.jpg
Here's another we don't see that often, the 1st pattern DJ badge. Only used for the first year of the organisation I believe, after that, the "V" was removed,

I picked this up in a flea market on a recent visit to Munich.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture DJV_ob.jpg
Now that's different indeed! Is this an early volunteer organization that got absorbed and melded into the NSRKB or did they keep their autonomy for a time and remain a seperate entity within the NSRKB?

--dj--Joe
ADAC, Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V.
This organization predates and post dates the III Reich period.

--dj--Joe
The reverse side

Attached picture Kriegs_Freiwilliger_rev_a.jpg
reverse

Attached picture NSFK_pre_1934_rev_a.jpg
Time to dig another out of the vaults....

I've never been able to find out anything about this one apart from it's a Gau badge for the Turnerbund....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Turnerbund_Gau_ob_a.jpg
Don, its in Tieste's 2 volume work "Tatungs- und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930-1945" under NSLB, its just listed as metal.The building on it (church/cathedral/town hall) may be known by some of our German members to give a place of issue.
Regards,
Pete
quote:
Originally posted by derjager:
Impressive item Don. A big thumbs up on the Förderung d. Reitersturmes.

--dj--Joe

And there is that square pin retaining plate!

Indeed! As you know I've been looking into these plates for a while now & it seems that they are generally found on early produced badges, mid to late 1920's to very early '30's. When found on TeNo's they are always the early first pattern with translucent red enamel & low serial numbers. On Party badges, always fully maker named or just Ges. Gesch, never RZM marked ones etc.

Cheers
Don
rev

Attached picture NRSL_1933_rev_a.jpg
Reverse unmarked

Attached picture Turnerbund_Gau_rev_a.jpg
Don, checked the Manions 4 vol. tinnie set and Tiestes Tinnies of the 3rd Reich,,couldn't find it..Something special being silver,,maybe more badge as you mention than tinnie..
What size is it? , G.
Posted By: Dave Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Dumb question on Paul's badge.

If it says Gau 16 .. can it be post WWII ? I thought the Gau designation went away with the Nazis ??

Dave
Thanks Pete, where is it listed as such? I've not been able to find it.

Sorry Joe, I've not been keeping up with my duties & allowed the thread to sleep Frown

Here's an unusual one, an early form NSFK. These were only used for a short period up until around 1933 '34 when they were renamed the DLV & the insignia re-designed to make the wings more modern.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSFK_pre_1934_ob_a.jpg
Thank you Gentlemen, it really is an oddity. It measures 31 x 28mm at it's widest points.

Cheers
Don
I thought the opposite,,each Gau was set up as a small administration region for the NSDAP and altogether formed 'Greater Germany'.

Gau 16 is Brandenburg / Berlin...
Very nice Joe. I do like these maker marked one much more than the RZM versions.

Cheers
Don
Reverse is only marked Ges.Gesch

Attached picture DJV_rev.jpg
I had asked about the post war usage of GAU and recieved this reply.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/800097573/...720048682#3720048682

--dj--Joe
quote:
Here's one that I do not know what to make of it. At first I though it was a tinnie, but there is no specific date. It's silver marked 800 on the reverse (can't see it in the scan as it's too small).

Hi Don, Its listed as a tinnie, remember that some tinnies were produced in silver either as a special presentation piece for a distinguished visitor, or perhaps on regular sale for those richer folks or donators.
Pete
Reverse is serial numbered

Attached picture Förderung_d._reitersturmes_Lübeck_rev_a.jpg
I'm sorry to say that I can't find much out about them at all. If I can turn more up I'll post it.

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Marcus Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
Does anyone know what these were issued for?

Marcus

Attached picture etflaputspin01.jpg
Posted By: Marcus Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/01/2007 09:41 PM
reverse

Attached picture etflaputspin02.jpg
Joe, these are so well made for their size are they not?

Marcus, this is an Opferring badge, I'm not sure whether they were worn by the person employed by the organisation or whether they were given for membership. This particular one is for the Koblenz-Trier Gau.

Cheers
Don
SA2
Obverse

Attached picture sa_pin3.jpg
Posted for Marcus.

Attached picture For_Marcus..JPG
Reverse

Attached picture Opferring_variant_Jena_rev.jpg
SA
Reverse

Attached picture sa_pin2.jpg
Hi Don,
Definitly not like the usual opfering badges seen. What does it say Kreis Jena-Stadtr....? and maker mark?
You and your enamels make me green.
Regards,
Pete
Nothing spectacular, just three I haven't seen represented yet.
~ Ian
SA
Obverse

Attached picture sa_pin_copy.jpg
Time to awaken the thread again. This time with a recent addition.

Another Opferring badge, this one marked on the reverse for the Kreis Jena-Stadtroda & merked with a manufacturs symbol which has been suggested could be William Hobacher.....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Opferring_variant_Jena_ob.jpg
SA2
Reverse

Attached picture sa_pin4.jpg
The images are here but everything is scrambled. Wish I'd left it as it was. But time was closing in on it. Will try to make some sense of it later. Red Face Sorry all.

--dj--Joe
With everyones indulgence, I will atempt to rearrange the content of this thread. It was 12 pages long. Too much to wade through in my opinion. I have deleted many of my own replies and attempts at keeping it goingSmile. Down to 10 pages now.
Open to ideas. What I am considering is breaking it into groupings.
Our format makes possibilities limited. Will do my best to salvage the images. At least with a Dec. 07 date they should be safe from corruption.

--dj--Joe
DLV

Attached picture MVC-151F.JPG
REVERSE

Attached picture MVC-152F.JPG
Looks like you've got a big job there Joe Big Grin Groupings may be a good idea, although I'm not sure under what title some would fit, good luck Big Grin

Nice DLV SADolch, these do not turn up so much these days.

Cheers
Don
Yes Joe seems to have a big job ahead of him..
Thanks Don, just looking at some of the pins that i haven't seen in some time.hope to keep the post alive..here are a few more...DAVE H

Attached picture MVC-153F.JPG
reverse1

Attached picture MVC-159F.JPG
reverse2

Attached picture MVC-160F.JPG
more

Attached picture MVC-155F.JPG
more reverse

Attached picture MVC-156F.JPG
last for now

Attached picture MVC-157F.JPG
last58

Attached picture MVC-158F.JPG
Here's my NS version of the Kraftfahrgewerbes badge...... I think I may have posted it elsewhere on this thread already Confused

I like the RTB badge as well, I've never seen one of these with the cap fixing prongs Cool

Cheers
Don
I've just found this old thread again from a few years ago. I'm sure that we all have some new items we can post, here are a few of mine....

First, another of the ships wheel series (a couple of others are posted earlier), this one with the KdF flag.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture ley 1 a.jpg
A nice pair of pins from the Reichsbund der deutschen Freilicht- und Volksschauspiele e.V.

The first is the standard membership pin & the other is the honour pin made in silver.

Attached picture pair.jpg
Finally for now a membership pin for the Großdeutscher Schachbund, made by Lauer of Nürnberg.

Attached picture GSB ob.jpg
Attached picture GSB rev.jpg
Don, I am impressed as always by your finds. Those are some rare items you have shown us.
Congratulations on adding them to your fine collection and my thanks for showing them.

--dj--Joe
I can add this one.
Reichstreubund. 25yr.
I have in my notes that this was a career soldiers organization. Is that correct?
--dj--Joe

Attached picture 251.JPG
Attached picture 252.JPG
Originally Posted By: derjager
I can add this one.
Reichstreubund. 25yr.
I have in my notes that this was a career soldiers organization. Is that correct?
--dj--Joe

That's correct Joe, as opposed to those who just volunteered because of the conflict or those who were conscripted.

Nice piece. FYI, these badges & pins were only made by one maker, Gante of Berlin.

Cheers
Don
Thanks Don. I'm still looking for an example with the anchor. Along with many, many other items. crazy

--dj--Joe
Thanks Don. I'm still looking for an example with the anchor.
--dj--Joe

You mean like this one whistle

Mind you, looking at the fixing I assume it's either a cap or collar device rather than a members badge.....

Notice once again that it's made by Gante of Berlin.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Marine 1.jpg
Attached picture Marine 2.jpg
grin Thats got to be a seldom encountered badge. Thanks for showing it Don.

I can't recall having ever seen a period picture or even an artists drawing of these in wear.

--dj--Joe
grin Thats got to be a seldom encountered badge. Thanks for showing it Don.

I can't recall having ever seen a period picture or even an artists drawing of these in wear.

--dj--Joe

Indeed it is, I've not been able to locate either the anniversary versions or the standard stickpin types frown One day hopefully...

I've never seen any pix in wear either.

Staying on the nautical theme, how about the member's pin for the Marine-Regatta-Verein (MRV). Another tough one to find.

Hope you like.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Marine-Regatta-Verein ob.jpg
Attached picture Marine-Regatta-Verein rev.jpg
smile Don, that's a treat for the eyes. Made a dreary day bright.

Very nice. cool

--dj--Joe
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/25/2010 08:43 PM
Joe/Don,

It's really a treat see all these rare pins, they're quite fantastic and impressive to say the least.

Many thanks to all who've continually added to this fine repetoire of membership pins and badges.

Best regards to all !

Bill
Thank you Gentlemen.

While I'm on a run I'll finish tonight with another, this time from a Wanderrudergesellschaft, "Die Wikinger, Hamburg" to be precise a rowing club who are still in existance today. Interestingly, they still use the orange & blue colours. This badge dates to around 1922.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Die Wikinger oba.jpg
Attached picture Die Wikinger reva.jpg
smile Don, you keep coming up with pieces I have never seen before. smile

The rowing club was set for the war years. No need to change their badge.

--dj--Joe
smile Don, you keep coming up with pieces I have never seen before. smile
--dj--Joe

I do my best Joe wink

More in a few days.....

Cheers
Don
It seems to have been a little quiet here this week frown

Here are a couple of related pins, both are for the Bund der Saarvereine:

One a standard pin for Ortsgruppe Koblenz & the other an honour pin for Landesgruppe Westmark.

The reverses are unmarked.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Saarvereine koblenz.jpg
Attached picture Saarvereine Westmark.jpg
It is nice to log on and see something new. smile
Thanks Don. Two more I am seeing for the first time. They appear a fair size going by the pin.

--dj--Joe
Thanks Joe, yes the honour pin is quite a size coming in at 24mm diameter, the Koblenz at 19mm.

Cheers
Don
I suspect that you've seen this one already Joe, I know that I've posted it somewhere but can't remember where crazy

I believe this is for the Nationalsozialistische Opfer-Gruppe in Siemensstadt.

Siemensstadt is on the outskirts or Berlin. An area of residential properties built by Siemens for their workers, much like Bournville in the UK was built by the chocolate company Cadbury's.

Interesting note is that it was made by M.Sedlatzek CHLBG, a jeweller in Charlottenburg which is just down the road to Siemensstadt.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture NSOG ob.jpg
Attached picture NSOG rev.jpg
It's a very nice piece Don. I'm not sure if I've seen it before or not. eek Nice age toning to it.

--dj--Joe
This one is tiny, only 16mm diameter. The Swaz is a little distorted but it is so small on the actual badge.

Made by Hoffstätter using the usual slightly oval pin plate we see so often on their pieces....

Reichsverband deutsche Bühne e.V

Attached picture Deutsche Bühne e.V. 1.jpg
Attached picture Deutsche Bühne e.V. 2.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/12/2010 01:24 PM
ADJV - Allgemeine Deutsche Jagdschutz Verein - Society for Protection of German Game Animals (legal national authority)

Founded by Dresden hunters in March 1875, its mission was chiefly to enforce state and city laws through close cooperation with registered, qualified hunters, especially against poaching and theft of wild animals. After the First World War the ADJV was an adamant proponent against turning over German hunting animals as war reparations specified in the Versailles Treaty. The fine included turning over 120 red deer, 63,000 roe-deer, 66,000 rabbits, 195,000 pheasants, six million partridges as well as 75,000 pheasant eggs.

During the National Socialist regime the organization was disbanded in 1934, and restructured into the Deutsche Jägerschaft under authority of Hermann Göring, Reichsjägermeister.

Pictured are a pair of member's pins from the city of Hannover and the state of Thüringen. Most of the ADJV-marked insignia are found in the form of those material/metal "green-hat-fuzzies" we all know and love.

Pins courtesy of Gary Southgate, photo and explanation, moi.

Great thread people, lovely rare stuff ...

Best!

Bill

Attached picture hegeusw2sm.jpg
Very interesting Bill, I never knew that hunting animals were part of the reparations! A couple of nice badges too.

Here is a badge I have, don't know much about it (even whether it's genuine, but it "feels" right) apart from it's to do with the control of Mange.....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Raude 1.jpg
Attached picture Raude 2.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 01:17 PM
Don,

This is the second badge of this type I've seen in a couple of years, however, are they authentic? ... quite possibly.

As you said the German word "Raeude" is commonly associated with mange or scabies - nasty, contagious skin diseases caused by parasitic mites found among domestic and wild animals and sometimes even humans. One can easily see why outbreaks would be cause for alarm especially among hunters, foresters, farmers and animal breeders.

I asked two good friends in Germany what they thought of the possibilities of a small sub-organ established within the DJ? One being a retired chief-forester and the other a professional hunter, both said they were unfamiliar with the badges but the chances of them being authentic were very good.

The quality of the enamel work, materials and overall construction of the badge is excellent, exactly what one could expect to see in original period pieces. The fact that the first one I looked at was very reasonably priced also leads me to believe they may be real. Who in their right mind would go to such great lengths to produce these and then basically give them away at below-market prices?

However, being a bit of a "doubting-Thomas" myself, I've never seen the badge listed in a period catalog or reference, or seen an in-wear photograph for that matter, so I'll have to say, definitely maybe. As for a fair price I'd say if you can find one for $150 or less, the badge will make a good addition to any hunting/forestry collection, no matter what the true status might be - good, bad or ugly. Hopefully we'll uncover more info about these unique badges in due time?

Not organizational badges in the truest sense, but a related trio nonetheless, three more pins from Gary's collection of hunting, forestry and shooting related goodies. While the first and third pins are rare and in outstanding condition, let me call your attention to the shooting club badge in the center. This lovely unit was presented to the shooting-king of the club from Kamenz in 1934, and portrays the best of all worlds - a wonderful crossbow motif that exhibits fine detail, silver and gilded-silver work, enameling and sports the maker's mark of, W.Walther DresdenN. (nord)

Best regards!

Bill

Attached picture hegeusw1sm.jpg
Thank you for your thoughts re the Räude badge, this was my thinking as well. The general quality & construction, plus the patina/grime which didn't look artificial. Hopefully some evidence will turn up eventually.

Another nice trio of badges there Bill, especially as you pointed out the Kamenz piece, gary really does have some great items.

The wappen on the piece on the right looks to be the same as for Styria in Austria. It's shown in the centre of a badge I posted earlier on this thread a couple of years ago, see about half way down the page here http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=230224&page=5

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 06:19 PM
Gary asked about this some time back,should be in the archives.
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 10:50 PM
Bill

Thanks for posting these badges, they are among my favourites.
The ADJV badge to the right (Thuringen) is a honor badge awarded only for bravery, these are extremely rare and I know of no other.The ADJV is an organisation that little is known of though there are many items that can be found and bought, badges, medals, plakettes, honor hirschfängern and many more items.

Don

Your Raude Jäger badge in my opinion is very real, I have had an example for a couple years, they are so well made that I cannot imagine that they would bother to fake to such a high degree such an uncommon and unknown badge.

Gary
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 10:52 PM
Don & Mikee,

You're right on both counts, the lion belongs in the crest of Styria and Gary's was the first Räude Jäger badge I ever saw ..
as you said, somewhere here on the forums?

Been home a while with a contagious, viral pneumonia, so I've had some spare time to shoot and post these last few sets of photos, heh.. Gary and I both enjoy sharing our collections and experiences with our forum members and thank God for all you knowledgeable, die-hard participants out there who take time to add or at least make a simple comment.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth going on about dead forums and such .. come on fellas, quit the bitching and add something interesting - photos, questions, answers, opinions, anything ... damn, I guess I'm preaching to the choir on this thread so I'll cut it short. There have been several good posts through the various forums, especially since everyone's back from the MAX just recently, so what's the deal? fini.
I'm hopping down off my soapbox now, give me a second, ja?

Sorry once again these aren't really organizational pins or badges, but just to keep in swing with the hunting, forestry and shooting tempo. A pair of nice bronze plaquettes dating back to 1907 and 1929. The cased piece was a momento from the "4th International Hunting, Shooting and Fishing Exhibit,"
titled "Grüne Woche Berlin," or "Green Week." The bronze and original case are in mint condition and was made by C.Poellath
of Schrobenhausen. The second photo shows an early bronze piece from a hunting and trophy rack exhibit in the city of Troppau, part of the Sudetenland after the First World War.
No mark on this fair-sized plaquette/medallion but also a fine specimen.

Best!

Bill

The Styrian lion first ... hope we can see this little bugger

Attached picture 103px-Wappen_Gemeinde_Steyr_svg.png
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 10:56 PM
1/2

Attached picture gruenewoche1sm.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/13/2010 10:56 PM
2/2

Attached picture gruenewoche2sm.jpg
Originally Posted By: WWII

Been home a while with a contagious, viral pneumonia, so I've had some spare time to shoot and post these last few sets of photos, heh.. Gary and I both enjoy sharing our collections and experiences with our forum members and thank God for all you knowledgeable, die-hard participants out there who take time to add or at least make a simple comment.

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather Bill, I hope that you are back on your feet soon!

Originally Posted By: WWII

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth going on about dead forums and such .. come on fellas, quit the bitching and add something interesting - photos, questions, answers, opinions, anything ... damn, I guess I'm preaching to the choir on this thread so I'll cut it short. There have been several good posts through the various forums, especially since everyone's back from the MAX just recently, so what's the deal? fini.
I'm hopping down off my soapbox now, give me a second, ja?

Well said, I'm trying to post something people may not have seen each week or so, hopefully it will stimulate some replies.........

Some more nice pieces there Bill.

Originally Posted By: Baz69

Don

Your Raude Jäger badge in my opinion is very real, I have had an example for a couple years, they are so well made that I cannot imagine that they would bother to fake to such a high degree such an uncommon and unknown badge.

Gary

Thanks for joining in Gary. I do find the small loop at the bottom on the reverse intriguing, I assume either to help fix it to the tunic or for something to be attached to the badge. Either way I can't see a faker adding something like that to a fantasy piece?

Cheers
Don
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/14/2010 01:50 PM
While I cannot even hope to be able to add anything to this thread or this forum, I really enjoy the beautiful items that you all show here.

My hat is off to Willi and Baz and all of you for not only having such rare and wonderful items, but also for sharing them with us.

Bill, I will be posting some items elsewhere on GDC since I just received them and will be busy this weekend taking pictures.

Please keep on showing us and educating us about this segment of our collective hobby.

John
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/15/2010 12:28 AM
Don

Here's my example, it's missing a little bit of the enamelling but is marked on the rear, I checked this mark against other Austrian badges of this maker and it does match known originals.

Gary

Attached picture Raude Jager DJ Badge 007 (Large)aa.jpg
It's a lovely piece, even with the damage.

Thanks for showing it Gary.

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/16/2010 06:01 AM
Bill, Don, Gary,

It's amazing the things you guys find. I love it all and much appreciated for showing it and learning from you all. Thank you.
I think I might have mentioned this in a previous thread, but their were Raudejagern as they were called to control the spread of mange.

Bill, I hope you get well soon!
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/16/2010 11:54 PM
Mikee

A little bit more evidence that to me that the badge is original, it might seems strange that the Raude Jäger badges posted were from an Austrian manufacturer but there is a known variation of the membership badge that was also Austrian made.
Looking also at the revesre of this badge I can see no sign of it ever being a standard membership badge either, it seems to me that these DJ badges were made for the enamel section.

Gary
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/17/2010 10:10 AM
Gary,

I agree, and maybe the Austrian connection isn't so strange. In Austria especially, mange(raude)would spread through the Gemswild herds, also refered to as "Gams". Hence the word for this type of mange "Gamsraude". So to help keep this mange from spreading and prevent epidemics, they employed the Raudejager. Of course back then they used methods that didn't work so well. Newer up todate methods are taught today. This disease knows no boundries. IMO, during this period in time I wouldn't think it strange for Austria to produce these for Germany.
Mikee,

Very interesting, thanks for the extra info cool

Moving on from the hunting theme but staying with shooting, here's another interesting piece.

I've never been able to get to the bottom of what this organisation was actually called. The badges & pins simply have "KKS" on them, Hüsken lists the name as "Deutsche Kartell für Jagd- und Sportschießen". However an earlier booklet Deutschland im Spiegel seiner Abzeichen 1930-45 by Brüggemann & Rowedder list the organisation as "Kleinkaliber-Sport e.V." which fits in the KKS far better than Hüsken's suggestion.

Anyhow here we go....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture KKS.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/18/2010 11:07 PM
Don,

KKS - For the Advancement of Small Caliber Shooting, Registered Association - e.V. (eingetragener Verein)

I think Hüsken's title for that section of his book is more or less a generalization or "catch-all" heading for these types of organizational hunting & shooting pins. The second explanation in the "Deutschland im Spiegel seiner Abzeichen 1930-45," by Brüggemann & Rowedder is the proper translation for our identification purposes.

A superb badge and a rare one to boot! Never seen this version before, it reminds one of the SS Beförderung pins, classic.

Thanks!

Bill

Thanks for the clarification Bill, I've never been comfortable with Hüsken's title & generally use the other one.

Cheers
Don
The R. Jager badge is very real and very rare. The small loop at the bottom on the back is meant to hold a "plume" of feathers or horse hair as this badge was meant to be worn on the hunter's hat. It was the R. Jager's job to thin out the herd, keeping it healthy. He was a professional hunter.
I ran across this link to numbers for the SS zivilabzeichen.
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=76922#Post76922
Posted By: Seiler Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 11/22/2010 06:17 PM
I know where #1 is.Where are numbers 2 thru 10??
Seiler
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 11/24/2010 08:55 AM
I wanted to respond again sooner and I might have already stated most of this somewhere before, caught a nasty flu virus, but will give it my best again.

As we know with the annexation of Austria on 12 March 1938, and afterwards known as Ostmark, all powers were transferred to Germany and Austria ceased to exist as a fully independent nation until late 1945. With that said, in regards to Gamsraude and Jagers. By July 1938 Germany or lets say with authority from the Reich's Master of the Hunt and always hunting for more titles, Reichsjagermeister (RJM) Hermann Goring imposed his own regulation that superceded Austria's, which was the arrangement of the RJM to fight Gamsraude "in Austria". Under this regulation to fight this disease, with the Landesjagermeister, a Landeskommissar was appointed, directly subordinate to the Landesjagermeister and authorized by him to provide the subordinate hunting authorities with instructions.

I won't get into all involved, or who was subordinate to who unless asked, but it was ultimately the responsibility of the Landeskommissar in agreement with the Landesjagermeister to setup a uniform criteria and general guide lines for everyone to adhere to and agree upon to fight the epidemics caused by this disease. And it was the Landeskommissar who made the "assigned hunters" available for the infected areas in all districts. Their were procedures and rules that had to be followed, as well as procedures and coordination with the veterinarian authorities and forest authorities which were crucial, and included state lands. "I wonder if any of them wore an ID badge if not the same one?" Their were do's and don'ts for owners of hunting licenses to follow and a 1000 rm fine imposed if they failed to observe them. There were methods and procedures used to take down these contaminated animals and for disposing of them. Such as firing plans, firing lists and zones were established for example. At this time I believe the title of Landesjagermeister was changed to Reichsjagermeister.

Hunter's couldn't just shoot one of these animals thought to be contaminated just because it was having a bad hair day. For example, a hunter sees what he perceives to be a contaminated animal within a herd, shoots it and soon finds that it's not diseased after all or wounds one that is and it gets away and dies contaminating animals that feed off or comes in contact with it's carcass! Better yet, the hunter shoots a diseased one and kills it, but frightens and scatters the contaminated herd into otherwise healthy herds! A few bad scenarios, but you can imagine the consequences of these actions and understand some of the difficulties they were faced with and containment was a major concern. "Access" to these infected areas was as well a major concern and access by anyone not involved in fighting this disease was not allowed in them period, no-one and for obvious reasons that meant, poachers, hikers and skiers as well.

As stated above, the Landeskommissar assigned hunters to these affected areas and to control access of people assigned in the prevention of epidemics had the right, to accomplish and perform their service in these hunting grounds, and had to wear their uniforms during this service, but only after a previous notification for permission to enter had been given. They had to present an Ausweis, (which as most of us know, is a card or badge showing the official identity of the wearer). And this Ausweis was obtained from the Landeskommissar, which had to be shown on demand.

I'll stop there and if you have any question I'll try to answer them and hope this makes sense and you can understand the reason these badges were made in Austria, and not so strange at all especially during this time, right! And as we know sometimes an Ausweis is both an ID card and a badge together. Maybe the Raude Jager badge is this Ausweis or used in relation with an ID card or hunting license or all the above. Anyway, like Houston states "it's real" and nothing more to be said after that really, but thought you might enjoy this little bit of info again! Now I'm off to bed! Thanks.

Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 11/24/2010 12:29 PM
Mikee,

Thanks for the follow-up and putting things into proper perspective for us.

Hope you're well on the mend ...

Best!

Bill
Mikee, thank you for the detailed and interesting information.

Hoping you have recovered from the flu.

--dj--Joe
Womens aircraft spotters brooch.

A little damaged but I like it.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture new5.JPG
Attached picture new6.JPG
Indeed thanks to all the members for the additional background information.

That's a nice spotter's badge Joe, it certainly has that been there look. I've yet to pick one of these up, for some reason I've just never got around to it!

Here's a nice pair of long service badges for the Wirtschaftschaftskammer Saarpfalz. The silver 25 & gold 40 years. Both of these came in their presentation cases, however I haven't yet taken pix of them.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Wirtschaftschaftskammer Saarpfalz pair.jpg
Attached picture Wirtschaftschaftskammer Saarpfalz pair b.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/23/2010 10:58 AM
Don,

Great to see a matched pair like this, the finish and condition of both pieces is super. No doubt due to them being cased. smile

A very Merry Christmas to you, Joe and all the other collectors who contribute to this forum, and a Happy New Year too! wink

Best!

Bill
Don and Bill, thank you much. smile

Here are my two ARBEITS DANK pins.
First the red enamel version with silver metal.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture new3.JPG
Attached picture new10.JPG
The orange enamel version with gilt metal.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture new8.JPG
Attached picture new7.JPG
Another couple of fine pieces Joe.

I don't think that collectors realise just how tough it is to find these ones with full maker marks, especially the gold version!

Thanks for showing them.

Happy New Year
Don
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 12/31/2010 04:29 PM
Joe,

Your camera has made a big difference ... cool

Nice to see that colorful enamel 'brightwork' as it's meant to be seen, lovely!

Bill
Bill, I must apologise, I missed your comments on the previous badges I posted & neglected to thank you, sorry....

Here is something else a little unusual, a DRL "Olympia-Siegernadel" in bronze (at least I believe it to be the bronze, under a loupe there does seem to be some traces of gold?). Awarded by the DRL to those (Germans) who won a bronze medal in an event at the 1936 Olympics. It also came in Silver & Gold.

Cheers
Don

Attached picture ob.jpg
Attached picture rev.jpg
Interesting piece Don. I would not think many survived. First one I've ever seen.

--dj--Joe
Link to Kleingärtner badges.
http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=126781#Post126781
Der Stahlhelm. without Iron cross.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture new2.JPG
Attached picture new4.JPG
Attached picture new1.JPG
Nice one Joe. It's good to see an example with a maker mark smile

Cheers
Don
Whilst we are on the subject of verterans, here's one you may not have seen:

Vereinigung Deutscher Frontkämpfer-Verbände (VDFV) which seems to be the association of veteran associations..... I haven't had time to find anything out about them yet.

Notice though, the simularity between this & the early DRK pin?

Cheers
Don

Attached picture vet a.jpg
Attached picture vet b.jpg
Hi Don, definitely a first time see for me. Good looking association pin.

--dj--Joe
Here is a HJ membership cap badge.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture HJ M1.jpg
Attached picture HJ M2.jpg
May as well add this one too.
Goldenes HJ Ehrenzeichen.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture _hj2.jpg
Attached picture _hj1.jpg
A couple of beauties there Joe.

I especially like the transitional RZM cap badge. Is it a 39? I can't quite see on my screen.

Cheers
Don
Hi Don, it appears to be a 39.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture hj.jpg
Time to dig another out of the box & bring the thread to the top again... smile

Don't know anything about this one, seems to be some sort of honour pin for Stadt Homburg. Nice badge anyhow....

Attached picture plant 1.jpg
Attached picture plant 2.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 04/22/2011 10:17 AM
Joe,

Great HJ diamonds. Has anyone ever posted a group shot of an entire set of variants here at the forum? That'd be cool to see ... cool

Don,

Your vet's pin is a first for me, too, it has to be the sharpest-looking Kriegerverein design I've ever seen. I agree there's a striking similarity to the DRK logo, but I like this one much better. It's got a little something for everyone to enjoy - an Iron Cross, a swastika and a good-looking eagle ... who could ask for more? grin

I'm glad you dove into your goodie-box for this latest pin, it's something extra special. Really neat how it's marked on the reverse, "Honor Pin, the City of Homburg."
I took a brief 'look-round' but couldn't find anything related to the illustration on the front that would give us a clue about the inscription,
"Community (spiritual) Will Becomes Deed ..." (?) This little gem reflects top-quality through and through.

Thanks guys!

Bill
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 04/22/2011 03:00 PM
I agree very nice pins all. I've been to Homburg before, I'm not sure but I think this could be or what is now the Waldstadion. I mean it doesn't look like that anymore, sort of anyway. That's my best guess. Thanks

Mikee, I think you are correct.

http://www.footballfans.eu/stadium/2472/Waldstadion-Homburg#
Click on - Stadium details.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 04/22/2011 07:07 PM
If this is what it is, here is a little more info. Sorry for the short version and quick translation with some cleaning up.

The forest stadium Homburg, used for soccer and track-and-field events in Homburg (Saar) with a spectator capacity of 21.813 places, of it 1,767 seats. Main user of the stadium is the FC 08 Homburg.

The Hauptkampfbahn stadium 1937-1974 was inaugurated on 14 and 15 August 1937 with a circle sport celebration, within whose framework a soccer game match was played against SSV Jahn Regensburg, as a so-called main combat course. The combat course should become the center of a large-scale athletic ground, whose implementation and goal was made possible by the Homburger at that time mayor and NSDAP Kreisleiter Jakob Knissel. The architect is Ludwigshafener Willy Schwilling. In 1974 the stadium was renamed Waldstadion Homburg. Structural alterations took place in 1986 and 1989.
Thank you once again Bill for you kind words, they are nice pieces & tough to find.

Mikee, I think that you have hit the nail on the head! Thank you. There is definitely a forest in the background on the badge.

Cheers
Don
Thought I'd wake this old thread up again.

I don't think that I've posted this one before, please forgive me if I have.....

The honour pin of the Deutsches Jugendherbergswerk. You would not believe just how tiny the H.J. diamond is on this thing!!!

Cheers
Don

Attached picture DJHa.jpg
Attached picture DJHb.jpg
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 08/27/2011 05:51 PM
Don,

Nice pin! That has to be the smallest HJ diamond ever found!Nice find!
I have a ski pin,but not sure if it's been shown here before.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/02/2011 01:24 AM
Here's my ski pin, sorry if it's been shown before and hopefully it's a good one? Thanks guys!

Attached picture Pins1.jpg
Attached picture Pins2.jpg
Hi Mike

That's a nice piece, but I must say that they worry the hell out of me. There are a lot of these things about over here in Europe & all in mint condition. I hope that it's just that a large number have been found, or that like normal tinnies, many were made & still out there but check this site out http://www.germaniateutonia-militaria.de...0786&Page=3 & there are a couple more on his next page as well....

As I said they do look nice but they also worry me.

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Mikee Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/03/2011 04:01 AM
Hi Don,

Thanks for the help as always! I had no idea what these were going for. I found mine for near nothing so I guess I'll hold onto it until we find out more. Much appreciated!
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/22/2011 11:48 PM
Fellow enthusiasts,

Here's something a little bit out of the ordinary, an "honor-member's" lapel pin from the St. Sebastion shooting club, Düsseldorf - Bilk. This was recently found by family members in Germany and belongs to an elaborate grouping of of shooting medals that I bought from them several years ago. We've stayed in touch and when they just turned this up they asked if I'd like to have it, to go with the other items that belonged Herr Josef Wiegel - a small, roundish owl of a man who sported a 'Hitler-moustache.' Naturally I jumped at the opportunity.

The heavy, oversize pin dates to about 1934 - 1935, was hand-made and marked by E. Bayer. A 'no-frills-sans-sawastika' design, but definitely of TR origin. Even the typeface they chose is plain and simple and has that Bauhaus, Art Deco look to it.

Don't know if any of you would remember the photos of the original medals that were posted? Super-sized, complex and very decorative compared to most ... they must've been "pre-crash" days I think..?

To the rest of you ladies and gents who normally will add something interesting, or even give words of encouragement to all of these archives, thanks mates!

For those of you who will be attending the upcoming gala in Pittsburgh, I wish all of you the best of luck with your collections. Have some fun out there ... grin wink

Best!

Bill Warda

aka:

Willi, TA Willi, Wilhelm, Bill, Billy the kid, Billy Fisch, Doodlesack, Sackaffe, Wildschwein, mrwilli and Ratso.

"...Car 54, where are you..?"

Attached picture bilkobv1sm.jpg
Attached picture bilkobv2sm.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/22/2011 11:49 PM
2/2

Attached picture bilkrevsm.jpg
A very nice piece Bill, & very unusual indeed. I love the "HANDARBEIT" on the reverse...

Thanks for sharing it.
Don
Posted By: JohnZ Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 09/23/2011 04:30 PM
Very nice..

But, 'ratso'????

John
Posted By: Baz69 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/09/2011 05:42 PM
Thought I might add this organisation to this thread, whilst it is not a pin or badge I think it well worth adding. First I have seen of this organisation.

Gary

Attached picture Stenografenschaft4sm (Custom).jpg
Attached picture Stenografenschaftclosesm (Custom).jpg
Attached picture Schellberg Award 1937 012 (Custom).jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/09/2011 09:45 PM
Gary,

Splendid!

B~
Very nice indeed. It's not often that we see Steno items, a very underated organisation....

Thanks for sharing it.

Don
I promised Joe (derjager) several years ago to do a thread on Steno pieces. I haven't been ready to do it yet as there are still some things that I am trying to research.

Here is an example; I'm still not sure whether these are the only dates that are available (1936-1938). I know that they existed as I have period evidence of them. Until recently I thought that they were only found in gold, but Hüsken shows a silver grade in his latest catalogue, so was there a bronze as well? The next question is what were they awarded for? I've seen a certificate for one, but it wasn't clear what had to be done to receive it..... Questions, questions questions....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture steno.jpg
Those are interesting Don. Have you found out any more about them?

Did the stenographers have to requalify every year?

I just scrolled through a couple of German shorthand systems, my hats off to anyone that could master them. Quite intricate.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 01/12/2012 09:21 PM
Don,

Were you able to find these four as a group or did you pick them up over time? Absolutely first class items. Looking forward to whatever else you can tell us about the stenographers.

Many thanks!

Bill
Thank you Gentlemen.

I'm afraid that I still have not been able to find anything else on these yet Joe. Very frustrating.

Bill,
I picked them up from various places over the years. Interestingly, only one of them from a dealer, the others were all from private individuals/collectors.

Cheers
Don
Ok…. where have I been?
This is the most amazing thread that I have read in at least 5 years.
I guess I need to poke my head out form the "daggers only" section now and again.

Don - Your stuff is AMAZING!!!

I did want to make a comment on 1 piece which you posted on page 34 from Homberg which reads:

"Aus Gemeinschaftswille es wurde tat"

I would translate to:
"Through united will, it was done." or
"Through united will, it was achieved/accomplished."

I am not a native speaker, but live in Germany now, I believe this is a more accurate translation and I hope that it is helpful.

In any case, what a FANTASTIC thread!!!
I have always been attracted to daggers because of the variety of organizations, but these badges and pins are 1000 fold more diverse than daggers.

Great stuff!!!!!

99.9% I have never seen before.

Thanks so much for the contributions.

Dagger people are watching! laugh

Good hunting,
Johnny
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 01/18/2012 10:04 PM
Johnny V.,

Great to see you're enjoying this lovely thread, too.

Don and Joe have gone to great lengths making this a very enjoyable and interesting spot.

You wouldn't believe some of the fantastic goodies that were posted prior to the "great-crash," some years ago ... cry grin

Still lots of super rare pins and insignia left and steadily growing again for 'dagger guys,' and all of us, to check out ... I always look forward to more when I visit here. wink

Best to all !

Bill
Bill, thanks!

Yes, I remember the "great crash"; what a shame…

I always told myself that I would re-post my pictures that were lost when so many threads disappeared. Unfortunately, the necessary time has not been available, not to mention after several years of posting stuff, it is a daunting task to re-do it all. Not that I have that much stuff anyway. smile

But hey, posts and threads don´t seem to be the only things disappearing in GDC…

Thanks again for a fantastic thread!!

Good hunting,
Johnny
Johnny,

Firstly, thank you for the extra help on the translation, it does indeed help.

Secondly, I'm glad that you enjoyed the thread & thank you so much for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. As Bill said, there are a few of us still trying to keep this area of the forum going. However I try not to post to often as I do not want people to think "oh no, it's him again showing off..."

Thank you again, off now to put something on the "Organisational Badges with docs thread".

Cheers
Don
There´s ANOTHER thread!?! laugh

I have to go check it our now…

You guys going to the SOS? Would be great to meet you all.

Thank you again and good hunting,
Johnny
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 01/26/2012 11:18 AM
Gents,

A hunting/shooting/forestry related display I've put together for our friend and fellow collector, Gary Southgate. No matter if it's an elegant Hirschfänger or rare medal, 'baz' has an uncanny knack for finding the cream of the crop, in choice condition, too. grin

From the top left to right we have:

a member's pin of the Deutscher Falkenorden - Bund für Falknerei, Raubvogelschutz u. kunde.

Reichstierschutzbund

a pair of Mitglied badges from the Fachschaft für Foxterrier, F.Z.V., and R.D.J.

a complete set of (2.form) Deutscher Reichskriegerbund Kyffhäuser Schiessauszeichnung - bronze, silver, gold.

a twenty-five year service badge from the ADJV, the Imperial/Weimar Jagdschutz Verein.

Hope you enjoy these little delights. wink

Best!

Bill

Attached picture falkenmedals1sm.jpg
Very very nice on a couple of levels. Good looking and interesting awards and equally good looking and interesting case.

Looks as though there is room to expand. smile

Regards, --dj--Joe

Attached picture new9.JPG
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 01/31/2012 12:14 PM
Joe,

Always room for more goodies, right? grin

Lovely pin, too!

W~

Ps Don, nobody here will think you're 'showing-off ..' wink

Post away good sir!
Joe,
I do like these Vet meister shooters, mine has lost it's gilding frown

Bill,
Thank you kind sir!
Some nice looking pieces you show there.

If possible, may we see the reverse of the badge at the top right please. There was a discussion on these over on WAF a couple of years ago & the consensus was that they are fantasy TR pieces based on the design of the badge that you show next to it......

Cheers
Don
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 02/01/2012 09:42 PM
Don,

That debate would be an interesting read for me. Should you ever come across it again would you let me know where I can find it, please?

If it is a reproduction, I'm struck by the high quality of the pin itself and the age patina, all nicely done. How much do these things retail for? If they're cheap enough, I'd advise buying one just to keep as a reference.

I took some shots of the Tierschutz-pin reverse along with a large Turnerschaft (gymnastics) award having a likeness of Friedrich Ludwig Jahn, their founding-father. Hope you can make out the 'ges.gesch.' My old camera doesn't allow for extra close macro shots ... grin hope these will suffice?

Appreciate your input, thanks!

Bill

Attached picture FalkenJahn2sm.jpg
Attached picture FalkenJahn3sm.jpg
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 02/01/2012 09:42 PM
2/2

Attached picture FalkenJahn.jpg
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the extra pix. Seeing the reverse reminded me why we had concerns for the badge. It's the recessed square with the Ges.Gesch in which I hadn't seen before when these first appeared. Since then several fake badges of various organisations have turned up, all with the same recessed mark (see attached pic of a fake VDA pin).

I've just been over to WAF & found the thread which contains the discussion. You will need to read through the thread as the discussion is interspersed within it. http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269996&highlight=Tierschutz

Cheers
Don

Attached picture VDAob.jpg
Attached picture VDArev.jpg
As a side note to my last post, I forgot to answer your question Bill re the price. I've just been over to Husken's site, he still has one on his site for 350 euro, but he doesn't show the reverse. He's had it for several years now. http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/organisat...bund-40682.html

Cheers
Don
Posted By: WWII Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 02/02/2012 12:19 PM
Don,

Many thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading that discussion. The one thing I noticed right off was that Gary's has an entirely different pin assembly than the one that was pictured. That example had the later pin with the locking device that we associate with postwar badges, broaches, etc. So the recessed 'ges.gesch.' panel indicates postwar construction on any TR pin or badge that we might come across? If so, that's a good bit of information to know.

Since the time that that thread was written have you seen many of these Tierschutz pins for sale, I've never seen one before now?

Always good to hear and learn new things from gents like Don, thanks for sharing your experience and expertise.

Best!

B~

Ps you beat me to the punch ... do you think it's possible that there are real ones as well as fakes? 350E is nothing to sneeze at. grin
I think that it is safe to say that the square type recessed block seen here with the Ges sat on/above the Gesch has only been used on post war badges. I've only seen it in recent years & increasingly on badges definitely known to be fakes (& sometimes on oddities like these Tierschutze).

To complicate matters slightly there is one known example where very a early party badge which is believed to be original has a recessed Ges.Gesch mark similar to these. However, in that case the recess is a long thin rectangle (not a squarish block like those under discussion) & the words Ges.Gesch are side by side, not one over the other as seen on the fakes.

I have only seen a couple more Tierschutze since that discussion was written. The one on Hüskens site appeared at the same time as the thread on WAF & has not yet sold.

I'm always hopeful that there are originals of these, but at the moment I'm doubtful... frown

Cheers
Don
I thought that I would drag this thread, kicking & screaming, to the top once more.

Here is a set of Philipp Holzmann AG long service badges for 10, 15 & 20 years. I've shown the bronze before with a certificate on the badges & docs thread, but thought I'd post a scan of the set here....

Cheers
Don

Attached picture Holzmann set a.jpg
Reverse, with serial numbers...

Attached picture Holzmann set b.jpg
Hi Don, cool I have yet to see one of those floating about. To find all three took quite a dedicated effort. Congratulations.
I was thinking I recalled a non portable award also?

Regards, --dj--Joe
Hi Don, cool I have yet to see one of those floating about. To find all three took quite a dedicated effort. Congratulations.
I was thinking I recalled a non portable award also?

Regards, --dj--Joe

Thank you Joe.

Yes there is a non portable, a Limes medal for the West Wall I believe, here it is...

Cheers
Don

Attached picture coin 1.jpg
Reverse...

Attached picture coin 2.jpg
And in it's case

Attached picture Dscn2495a.jpg
Thank you Don.

--dj--Joe
Nothing that has not been seen before. New to my collection though.
NSFK basic members pin. Black and white pictures.

--dj--Joe

Attached picture S7302606.JPG
Attached picture S7302607.JPG
Anyone have something new to share?
To those looking into this thread many of the earlier pages obverses and reverse images are scattered. From page 27 on they are in order.

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Dave Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 06/29/2019 09:43 PM
Those badges and pins are fascinating. Every organization, trade group, political party, etc, etc, seems to have had a pin or badge. Nothing similar - as far as variety - exists elsewhere.

Dave
Posted By: Dave Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 06/30/2019 12:52 PM
Here is a very rare one. One our members, Damast, found it for me.

Dave

Attached picture 38 SolingenMc Donalds.JPG
Lol now that is something we can all relate to... a Big Mac!
Posted By: Eric26 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 07/01/2019 12:49 AM
LOL - Burgermeister 2nd class
Posted By: benten Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/25/2019 07:09 AM
Yes, that is a nice Hamburger badge :) . Solingen has a good name in making knifes (factory) .
It's anyhow a rare badge I supose .
Posted By: benten Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/25/2019 12:37 PM
correction it is: knives ..
Posted By: benten Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 10/25/2019 12:46 PM
I've found a badge that reminds me of the Traditions-abzeichen " RAD Arbeitsgau Bayern" , but I think it is not related to it ......Alpen, mountain climbers ?

Attached picture 1cw.jpg
Attached picture 2cw.jpg
Attached picture 3cw.jpg
Posted By: Soul72 Re: Organizational Pins/Badges. A new beginning. - 01/20/2022 07:10 PM
Thanks for showing your pins there all Great
Soul72,

Thanks for the comments. Enjoy. Looking forward to any you might wish to share.

--dj--Joe
© Your new forums