UBB.threads
Any one wish to post their examples and or start a discussion?

--dj--Joe
As promised, my scans. Not very good but the best I could get. Roll Eyes
--dj--Joe
Obverse.

There is actually much more detail to the flag, figures and eagle.

Attached picture scan0005.jpg
Reverse.

Attached picture scan0002.jpg
Close up reverse.

Attached picture scan0003.jpg
Closer. Smile

I understand there are accepted variations so show yours for discussion.
--dj--Joe

At least it appears to be H.C. could be H. G. ?

Attached picture scan0004.jpg
A different color scan, it shows some detail better but is still distorted.

Attached picture scan0004.jpg
I'm sorry I don't have one to share . . . yet, but I just wanted to say thank you --dj-- as I really enjoy your posts, and always find them most informative! ~ Ian
Ian, thank you for the kind words. Smile
--dj--Joe
I see after reveiwing my own post that my memory of acquisition has failed. Growing old I guess...but here is a picture of the reverse of mine. Hopefully it has not lost too much clarity to the resizing. My version is the unslanted "G". Upon looking at it under the magnifying lamp it appears to have the same level of detail to the figures on the obverse as the other "flower war" medals I have. As to the correct color of case... I agree...who knows? One like mine was recently sold on the Guild. If you can use my image to go side-by-side with yours, please do so Joe for comparison. I can email larger jpg file to you that is a little better quality if you like. I would like to say that I have also enjoyed your many informative posts. Best regards, Duane

Attached picture GERMANcivil011.jpg
Duane, as per your request I replaced the image but by the time I got it sized to fit it got smaller. Here is your obverse.
--dj--Joe

Attached picture 55.jpg
Thanks Joe! Going to try again to post closeup. If pic is not clear please delete.Regards,Duane

Description: reverse
Attached picture GERMAN_civil_011crop.jpg
Well that's a little better, but still a little fuzzy. I make no claim to originality of this piece and will not be offended by opinions. I have had two of these medals, but only this one with a case, as I recall. Let's see some others and have a good sample to compare.Regards, Duane
Other examples? Please share them. Smile

--dj--Joe
Would any one else wish to participate? Perhaps some one with better image skills than me. Smile Mine are all washed out.

--dj--Joe
© Your new forums