UBB.threads
Posted By: Wachmann Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/26/2006 02:50 PM
Hi,
anybody ever seen one of these?

Attached picture RIMG3187.JPG
Posted By: derjager Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/26/2006 04:43 PM
Not I.
I like the design. Anything of note on the reverse?

--dj--Joe
Posted By: Wachmann Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/26/2006 06:48 PM
Hi Joe,
no just a plain needle.This object is from the Kampfzeit,when the party had decided to buy a building,the brown house in Munich(which is depicted on the tinnie),they asked members to donate 2RM each.The donors in return would have got a postcard like papersheet stating that they donated for the movement.I would be interested if this tinnie was given to each donor or if it was given to those that gave a considerable amount higher than the 2RM.

Attached picture RIMG3188.JPG
Posted By: Wachmann Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/26/2006 06:58 PM
Final picture

Attached picture RIMG3189.JPG
Posted By: Don Scowen Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/27/2006 08:44 PM
A nice piece my friend, never seen one before. Is it maker marked or plain?

Cheers
Don
Posted By: Wachmann Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/27/2006 08:53 PM
Thanks,Don. No it is unmarked.

Best
Posted By: benten Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/28/2006 11:49 AM
Wachmann, a very interesting tinnie. Braunes Haus.
Above, the building is more naturalistc and below, the beautiful Artdéco lined swastika and rim.

Concerning the swastika, is it possible that your tinnie is begin 30ties? The swastika stands on the top of his leg, instead of flat. I don’t know when the swastika officially changed .
My compliments.

Cheers,
Benten
Posted By: Wachmann Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/28/2006 02:03 PM
Thanks for the info,Benten.You are perfectly right with your hinting the early 30ies.I have no real idea when exactly the tinnie was issued,but the building itself was bought in 1930,so the issue date will be close to that I guess.

Best
Posted By: WWII Re: Donation Tinnie for NSDAP Braunes Haus - 11/28/2006 11:13 PM
Wachmann,

Keep up the good work!

Bill
© Your new forums