UBB.threads
Posted By: Patrick69 Grand Admiral Raeder hand-written letter - 01/23/2017 05:56 PM
Hey Guys, I have had this letter for quite a few years and never really had it translated thoroughly. The letter was written in January 1958, 4 years after his release from Spandau prison. As you can see, the letter is wrote on his personal stationary, see the "E.R." in the upper left hand corner? His signature is at the bottom right hand corner. The letter writes something about an Admiral Zenker and a Minister Groener....other than that...cant really make it out...Any thoughts? This is one of my prize possessions but I am kind of wondering too as value? I paid, if I remember right, about $150 15-20 years ago. any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance. Patrick

Attached picture Raeder Letter.jpg
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: Grand Admiral Raeder hand-written letter - 02/10/2017 06:09 PM
anybody want to take a crack at this?
hello I recently sold a large Third Reich signature collection. Raeder and Donitz are slow movers in the autograph department. Post war signatures are plentiful and abound, more so for Donitz as he lived until 12/25/1980 and signed much. Raeder died not too soon after the correspondence that you have, in 1960, if memory serves me correctly. Post war Raeder signatures are about $150 to $200 tops......dependent upon the content of your letter that may make it more desirable but not necessarily more valuable cheers, Ryan
Posted By: Patrick69 Re: Grand Admiral Raeder hand-written letter - 02/24/2017 04:46 PM
Thank Ryan, that's what I kind of figured. It's tough finding any wartime signatures of Raeder..the search continues, thanks again

Patrick
Hi Patrick they do turn up from time to time though. I am not certain that I had one in my collection however I will keep my eye open for any cheers, Ryan rsellick@rogers.com
© Your new forums