UBB.threads
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 03:19 AM
Any idea who they are? Note the totenkopf cuff title....

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 10:41 AM
Byzanti, the guy in the middle w/cuff title is Sepp Dietrich. Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: Dean Perdue Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka
Byzanti, the guy in the middle w/cuff title is Sepp Dietrich. Regards, Leipzig

Wouldn't Sepp Dietrich wear the Adolph Hitler cuff title?
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 02:09 PM
Dean, yes, I thought about that. But Dietrich was a pretty short guy [5'6"] with very distinctive ears [look at known photos of him] and to me that looks like him. Of course, I could be wrong. Regards, Leipzig
Posted By: ORPO Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 02:36 PM
Not Dietrich. This is a Totenkopf Regiment Officer.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/04/2015 06:01 PM
Thanks guys for the input...so any idea about who these guys may be? I can tell you that the other photos in the group were combat pics, fellow in a tank, a guy behind a flak gun, and some battlefield photos. It's a cool grouping, but having trouble identifying these guys...
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/07/2015 07:01 PM
Just posted photo on wafs picture forum. The fellows there think the man 2nd from left is max Simon. Tk cuff fellow Hermann Buchner...what do you guys think?
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 08/08/2015 04:14 PM
Well the that could be Max,,,,got the glasses, height, weird kind of shape.. No knights cross but it depends when it was taken. He did get the German cross before but we can't see that side..yeah could be!
Posted By: Gunter83 Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 10/20/2015 02:03 PM
Hello,
first from right officer looks like future RKT Ernst Dehmel from ArtRgt "Totenkopf",
probably photo made on september-october 1941 in USSR before or during Battle of the Demyansk Pocket
Posted By: lore vergessen Re: Cool photo of some SS officers - 09/16/2017 03:39 PM
Great photo!
definitely not Sepp no offence but bears no resemblance at all , younger officer here and not LAH cheers and best Ryan
© Your new forums