UBB.threads
Posted By: BadBob Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/08/2010 01:13 AM
Hi All - A lady brought me a document her Dad sent home as a souvenir from a German building his unit occupied. She wants to know if the signature was personally signed, and the value of the document either way. The document is in a folder with only the gold eagle on front. The paper shows scattered age foxing. The signature is in blue ink, unlike the rest of the doc. I looked at it with a 10X loop and thought there was a tiny ink smudge where indicated in red. I could not detect the signature on the reverse of the document....Thank you for all help. - Bob

Attached picture IMG_4007 edit.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4010 edit.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4011 edit.jpg
Attached picture IMG_4012 edit.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4012 edit2b.JPG
Posted By: BadBob Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/08/2010 01:16 AM
One more.....The question I have is, would Hitler personally sign a blank award document?

Attached picture IMG_4014 edit.JPG
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/08/2010 08:52 AM
The best way to look at a signature is under a jewelers loop.A hand written signature will vary in thickness and pen pressure, whereas an auto pen will maintain constant pressure with no evidence of back filled letters and/or obvious inconsistencies

I would think that a real signature on a blank document would be highly unusual.

Posted By: BadBob Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/08/2010 10:46 PM
I agree Doug. I've found a couple of examples of the blank document on another forum, and someone mentioned the signature on them is a facsimile. ...I have not found one offered for sale yet. In one 2007 post, Robin Lumsden said they were worth about �100, and hundreds of them were picked up at war's end.....Does anyone have an opinion on value?
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/09/2010 07:55 PM
The auto pen blank document forms of all types used to be quite easy to get..blank!..now, a lot are being filled in with spurious names (a lot of high ranking award-ees)

This is a buyers market, so I would think that most blank docos could be picked up fairly inexpensively.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/14/2010 08:44 AM
Auto Pen definately. Many left at the end of the war, most in folders
Posted By: BadBob Re: Hitler signed Eagle Order doc.? - 07/19/2010 12:43 AM
Thanks. I've passed the information on to the owner and she was appreciative.
© Your new forums