UBB.threads
Posted By: sturmbrigade (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/22/2007 10:41 PM
Howdy all, i have recently obatined a personalised Heer dagger and was wondering if anyone had any information on the dedication or where i can go for help. Im not Sure if the name is Lobel or Lobe II. Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Attached picture 2356-15da.jpg
Posted By: sturmbrigade Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/22/2007 10:42 PM
close up

Attached picture 21.JPG
Posted By: sturmbrigade Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/22/2007 10:43 PM
Dedication on blade

Attached picture 2356-15e.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/29/2007 11:40 AM
congrats on this extremely interesting dagger! You will have a ton of fun researching this

"In deep gratitude and true (steadfast?) comeradery, Ernst Poeck"

So a presentation from Ernst to Loebell, it appears.

Loebell does not appear to have been a very common name during the war. I will check army rank lists and award lists when I get home
Posted By: Anonymous Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/29/2007 02:21 PM
Can you show a closeup of the lettering? Looks like it has the gold background. This is consistent, as is the lettering style, with other similar dedications / presentations I own or have seen
Posted By: Anonymous Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/29/2007 05:54 PM
Last on this. There are no (active) Heer officers named Loebell listed in the 1939, 1944-45 Ranglisten, or in the Dienstlaufbahnen der Offizieren des Generalstabes, or in the holders of the DKiG. Only one von Loebell, but this would have been written v. Loebell. This is a good sign. Means the name is indeed rare. My guess he will be found among the reserve officers files. There are also no matches in the KIA list, only a few soldiers and unteroffizieren by this name.

I also could not find any Ernst Poeck, this faithful comerad of Loebell´s. Looks like you have a nice two for the price of one research project here Big Grin
Posted By: sturmbrigade Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/29/2007 09:57 PM
Hi Gustavo thank you indeed for the information. I will posta better pic of the inscription when i get home (tonite hopefully). Could you suggest a good starting point to research these two gentlemen at all?
MFG
Tony
Posted By: Anonymous Re: (another) Perosnalised Heer - 11/30/2007 07:46 AM
just emailed u something
© Your new forums