UBB.threads
Posted By: MRW Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 01:48 AM
I have a near mint/exc.++ EP&S Full Rohm SA.

Beautiful blade..perfect hilt and scabbard..

This one is about as nice as they get...

How much are these going for these days??
Posted By: sturmbrigade Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 01:53 AM
Got pics of it mate??
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:40 AM
Please understand this is NOT an authentication request. This dagger has been handled and authenticated by the best. I apologize for the poor quality scans.

Attached picture EP_S_FR4.jpg
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:42 AM
Total anodizing with 90% lacquer remaining

Attached picture EP_S_FR3_(2).jpg
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:45 AM
Almost 100% cross graining remaining and total burnishing remaining in all etchings. All equal in depth...

Attached picture EP_S_FR2_(2).jpg
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:46 AM
The hilt is just stunning...

Attached picture EP_S_FR.jpg
Posted By: John W. Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:51 AM
Sweet piece Gunther....know where I can get one just like it ? Big Grin
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:53 AM
A closeup of the logo is needed here.
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 03:00 AM
These are the only scans I have at this time. And like I said above, this is NOT and authentication request. I'm looking for current value..... That is all....
Posted By: John W. Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 11:37 AM
I've seen them listed on dealer sites between 4k and 5k.
Posted By: patrice Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 11:37 AM
An authentic full Rohm dagger will run anywhere between 5500$ to 7000$ USD for anything between an E+ to a Near Mint.
That said, these are dealer prices and should always come from reputable sources.
There seems to be many of these so called "experts" on Rohm daggers.
Personnally, if you wish to buy this one, be extremelly carefull and I would highly recommand a thorough inspection by a "real" expert.
Unless authenticated by someone that we trust and know, E.Pack full Rohm are almost impossible to sell.
Thanks to our friend Reddick. Big Grin
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 12:28 PM
I agree with Pat completely. The trouble is many shy away from Pack's just because they have been faked so heavily so the market for a pack is much thinner. Regardless, sir that is a great looking dagger.
Posted By: patrice Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 02:43 PM
Indeed, it is a beautiful dagger that would be the center piece of most collection. Wink
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/12/2006 10:34 PM
First, I'd like to thank all of you guys for your valued opinions and advise. It is greatly appreciated. And I agree with all of you..

I acquired this dagger over ten years ago from a very good friend who purchased it from a WW2 Vet's family. Six years ago I sold it, along with about 80% of my collection, to help raise money to build a new house. I now have the opportunity to buy it back and needed to know the current value so I know how much to offer the owner. This dagger has been authenticated a couple of the main dealers in the dagger world. You all know who they are.. I plan to get official authentication papers from these people. I took this dagger to the MAX one year and everybody wanted to buy it... Even the two guys from California.. ;o) If I get it back, I will take better, high res. images using my digital camera and share them with you... If I ever decide to sell it, it will come with official letters of authenticity....
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/13/2006 01:42 AM
Oh Ya... And Pat,

I know "Rex" personally. I've handled ALL his blades. A blind man could spot one.
Posted By: patrice Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/13/2006 03:08 AM
"A blind man could spot one".
Hummmmmmmm, there must be a lot of blind men in this hobby then. Big Grin
Posted By: MRW Re: Authentic EP&S Full Rohm SA - 05/13/2006 03:52 AM
There is a serious difference between early blades and these pathetic reproductions. Buy one from Reddick, if he still carries them, and do a comparison, the difference will be obvious....
© Your new forums