UBB.threads
Posted By: nats 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 11:50 AM
Hello Everyone, Posting photos for jodagger. Stan

Attached picture Email0001_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: Seiler Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 11:53 AM
Hi Stan,
Are these coming up for sale or just looking??
Seiler(Yank in UK)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 12:52 PM
I sure would like to see some close ups of the grips. They look untouched. Those are some pretty valuable daggers.

Mark Cool
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 01:21 PM
I 'am have computor problems so I hope this post works.
Seiler,they are not forsale just for looking,Maybe if you talk to him nicely he might change his mind,Regards Stan

Description: #2
Attached picture Email0002_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 01:22 PM

Description: #3
Attached picture Email0003_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 01:23 PM

Description: #4
Attached picture Email0004_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 01:24 PM

Description: #5
Attached picture Email0005_(Medium).jpg
Posted By: Seiler Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 03:37 PM
Although a bit gray (the pics)they look like pretty good examples
of Boker.The grips look untouched!!How, bout the scabbards?
Seiler,(Yank in UK)
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 05:03 PM
I think the problems not that they are Grey Roll Eyes but that they are scanned not regular photos, Looks like Johnson photos almost, it sad that Johnson's a top dealer and he takes some awful photos of his daggers that why I've never bought from him.. But Anyways my point is I really can't tell much about the röhm dedication with thoughs pictures. although the daggers look real in any other respect.
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 05:35 PM
Defiantly scanned.

They appear to be really nice daggers. I would like to see some "real" photos though.
Posted By: jodagger Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 05:56 PM
Roll EyesWith all this talk about Rohms I thought I would show you a couple of real ones. The Full came from Tom Wittmann the partial came from a vets widow. Scabbards are textbook nickel silver fittings with anodised type finish. Lower xguards stamped I and both by Boker. I will try for better pics providing Natts can do them unless someone else wants me to send pics.
Posted By: wizard2 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 08:15 PM
The full Rohm dagger pictured above is a fake.
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wizard2:
The Rohm dagger pictured above is a fake.

Why do you say that?
Posted By: wizard2 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 08:19 PM
quote:
Why do you say that?
Not to be a wiseguy, but it just is. The inscription is wrong.
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 08:42 PM
quote:
quote:
Why do you say that?
Not to be a wiseguy, but it just is. The inscription is wrong.

How so? Which part in particular? How can you tell from these photos?
Posted By: Ruski Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 08:53 PM
Wizard2 - I don't have any Rohm's, either SS or SA, but I am always reading this part of the forum to learn. One thing I've noticed is that those people who are well versed with the Rohm subject don't usually make any bold statements unless they can give reasons to support them.

From the pics provided, what is wrong with the inscription?

Regards
Russell
Posted By: Roger Jeandell aka Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 09:11 PM
Yes, Wizard, enlighten us with your knowledge!
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 09:27 PM
Heres a better photo of thr dedication,maybe wizard2 can point out what is wrong with it,Stan

Description: #6
Attached picture Email0001.jpg
Posted By: wizard2 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 10:31 PM
No disrespect to anyone here. I have taken the effort to study the details of the Rohm inscription. I will not reveal what I have learned, by posting it here, so that the fakers can improve on it.

However, I will admit that I did not see the problem, on the latest picture, that I saw on the first set. But I do have new questions on several other detailed points, which the owner is welcome to email me to discuss.
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 10:48 PM
quote:
No disrespect to anyone here. I have taken the effort to study the details of the Rohm inscription. I will not reveal what I have learned, by posting it here, so that the fakers can improve on it.

However, I will admit that I did not see the problem, on the latest picture, that I saw on the first set. But I do have new questions on several other detailed points, which the owner is welcome to email me to discuss.

Please discuss here so we can all learn.
Posted By: Paul Horton Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 11:22 PM
quote:
I will not reveal what I have learned, by posting it here, so that the fakers can improve on it.

so, the fakers use this site as a means to upgrade their items? (possible)
seems to me if you have knowledge of this item, you would share with us, letting "them" know "we" are on to them...think about it..
aarrgghh..........

Attached picture drinking01.gif
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/07/2006 11:49 PM
Wizard, You haven't changed a bit since being a member here on any other forum. Always a nay sayer, with never a shred of evidence. Always the same excuse that you might tip off the forgers. It doesn't hold any water. Not all of the Rohm inscriptions will be the same from maker to maker. On a SS, a Boker is one of the hardest to find either in full or partial. The Boker does look good from what is shown so far. Both pieces have very typical Boker characteristics. Is someone going to totally destroy 2 excellent +++ SS dagger to take a chancce to cash in on a bogus Rohm blade ? Maybe on a SA dagger, but hardly on an minty SS dagger. Look at the characteristics of the inscription, it has the same features that are seen with the first trademark mottos. Boker girps, crossguards and 2 variations of the runes that I've seen this firm with. Fraudulent Rohm dedications................... I don't think so. JR
Posted By: Skyline Drive Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 12:35 AM
I agree with JR, but I think you guys have missed the obvious... Boker only made Rohm daggers with the small maker mark. These both have the small mark. End of story.
Posted By: wizard2 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 12:45 AM
Thanks for your comments and support, JR. Incredibly, you never had any other issues when I pointed out mistakes before.
Who are you to judge me on my reasons? They are what they are. Being a naysayer is what kept me safe from fakes. I'll let my track record speak for itself. Do I complain when you take pics of the same dagger and sword over and over?

You are right about the Boker and Boker characteristics, I didn't question that. Let me ask you this, do YOU own any full Rohm daggers to comment on the inscription?

I said that the issue I had with the first pic is not present on the second. For that, I was wrong. I stand by what I said in the last sentence until verified otherwise.

Geez. This place reminds me of the story of "the king who has no cloths."
I am really sorry that I said anything.
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 01:07 AM
What did you see in the first picture that wasn't present in the second picture?

I was asking you to follow up on your thoughts about it being a fake. If you have the knowledge or spotted something that the rest of us didn't, then you should share, that's what these forums are about.
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 02:00 AM
Hi Mark,heres some closeups otf the grips,Stan

Description: #6
Attached picture ROh.jpg
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 02:01 AM

Description: #2
Attached picture Roh3.jpg
Posted By: nats Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 02:06 AM
Both dedications for Wizard,Regards Stan

Attached picture Rohm_d.jpg
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 02:09 AM
This second grip is an interesting combination for a Boker. High neck eagle with what appears PA crossguards. Fits very nice though. The other grip assembly is what I would call Boker trademark characteristics.
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 02:35 AM
The scan makes the inscription the tough part of verifying the patial but I do like the full Rohm.
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 03:28 AM
Wiz, I've noticed that your email is invalid, like it usually is.
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 03:34 AM
Wiz and etal, I'm down to this sole piece in my collection, so expect to see it photographed over and over again, in many different elegant settings ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Attached picture Wizard.jpg
Posted By: jodagger Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 04:14 AM
MadWizard2 You wouldn't know a real Rohm dagger if it bit you in the ass. You make ridiculous statements with out a shred of proof. I have a guarantee with the full rohm where is your guarantee they are NOT correct. As far as I am concerned I have had enough of this forum as its seems to be made up of complete idiots who say plenty but KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!! This is my LAST POST!!
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 04:27 AM
Here is the email that I sent to Wiz:

Wizard or who ever you pretend to be, since you have always been afraid to post a real email address or even your name; the 3rd Reich hobby has been a learning process for me over the last 25 years. I've learned through mistakes, trial and error, and common sense and dumb sense. While others with their money have just bought their way into the hobby in 4 short years, by starting out with Full Rohm's of both SA and SS daggers, M36 pieces, SSTK's and other high dollar items that are only reserved for those that grew up with silver spoons. Money for some will buy their piece of mind, for the others unfortunately, it's education and mistakes. For you to get on any forum and state this or that on Rohm daggers does nobody any good. Hang the carrot out in front of these guys and snatch it back. Why ? A good reproduction is only made from having the real thing in front of you to copy. Someone making a Rohm without an original is an idiot anyway, and won't be able to pass it off as a original. Someone taking and destroying a legit excellent + SS by adding a bogus inscription or partial, is truly out of their gourd! If these daggers, in your opinion are bogus, then tell these guys why you think so. Don't leave them hanging, or don't say anything at all. It only serves to tweek everyone. I admit the scans are hard to read, but the rest adds up to Boker. There isn't a single bogus Boker Rohm SS dagger that I have ever seen, or an inscription added to a legit beautiful SS dagger that I am aware of. When someone in the hobby is talking, I always listening and willing to learn. Anyways my Friend, post more, get involved, and pass on something that will help another collector in search of their dreams. The fakers can have what ever info that they want............................. we can't stop it.

Friends in collecting,

JR
Posted By: Redbaron Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 08:41 AM
Jodagger

Beautiful daggers! what many collectors can only dream of owning... Razz Having come from Tom Wittmann, that would be more than a solid reasurrance for me. Enjoy them... I sure would!

Red
Posted By: sdp Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 12:32 PM
quote:
As far as I am concerned I have had enough of this forum as its seems to be made up of complete idiots who say plenty but KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!! This is my LAST POST!!

John, I hope you do keep posting. The forum needs knowledgeable, experienced members exactly for this reason.

We all need to learn, no matter how long each of us has been collecting for.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 03:25 PM
Stan...the grips are very nice. Thanks for the posting for John. I wish I could hold those two beauties myself.

I was just commenting to another forum member who is also retired...it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Money never comes in...only out. Frown

JR, I wish I was born with a silver spoon...mine was a plastic one in the projects of upstate New York. I understand what you are saying. Big Grin

See y'all at the SOS and we can hash it over at Craigs room! Big Grin

Mark Wink
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 05:18 PM
Wiz has a bunch to share with this web site as he has everything form Honor Rings to Honor daggers. It would be nice if he would post some of these items for us to marvel over. Smile
Posted By: VIPER Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 05:38 PM
I love BOKERS, any kind.......Jimmy
Posted By: Skyline Drive Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 06:11 PM
jodagger... your reaction seems odd to me. Why quit the forum when it is obvious that the members are supporting you here?
Posted By: jodagger Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/08/2006 07:30 PM
SmileI just want to say thanks to the many guys on the forum who have mailed me with their kind comments. Skyline I reckon your right why should I let one idiot spoil it for all the other guys who thirst for knowledge and appreciate viewing REAL items of the Third Reich period.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 12:03 AM
Maybe I have missed something, but I have yet to see a fake Boker SS of any kind. Its just too difficult to find the Boker pieces to make a fake it seems to me. Am I wrong in this case?
JR is correct. Who would take the chance with an original Boker, even when M33s were not bringing as much as they are today? They have always been in demand.
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 01:59 AM
Jodagger,
Thank you VERY much for posting these pics! I am learning about these daggers and someday hope to own one, but now is my time to learn. In that role, I must THANK you for posting these pics. and beg you not to be discouraged by a single (probably just honestly mistaken Wink) individual.
Having said that,
If wizards post has infact had the effect of causing you to question these two daggers then I must say... I agree with him, they are fake and you should get them out of your collection as soon as possible by selling them to me(because I am starting a "fake" collection) as soon as possible. I assume then, that you will accept $50.00 each for of these blatent fakes?
(Just in case my meaning was not clear the last paragraph was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!)
Best to all and thanks again!
John
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:14 AM
HI Guys thought I would add my pride and joy too the thread. She took almost a year to pay off!!!
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:19 AM

Attached picture IM000517.JPG
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:20 AM

Attached picture IM000514.JPG
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:21 AM

Attached picture IM000515.JPG
Posted By: RAD Mann Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:24 AM
not very good pics but I thought I would show everyone my favorite SS and see what you guys think.
RAD MAN
Posted By: Adam Kirchen Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 04:44 AM
Hard to tell alot with thoughs pictures but it seems to look nice from what I can see. Hope you can get pictures that are more in focus later on. Smile
Posted By: HAL9000 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 07:41 PM
jodagger, bad news for you. I knew personally Ernst Röhm long time ago and I´m sure this is not its habitual way to write. The signature is also bad; it was smaller in the checks he gave to me. Then....... both daggers are fakes. Well, for sentimental reasons It would no matter to me keep these bad copies. Mail me and surely we come to a reasonable price.
Wink Wink Wink

jokes appart, you know it.... some people think "if the dagger isn´t mine then is bogus". Congrats for the pieces, jodagger; a really beauties
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 10:21 PM
WELL!!! Exactly how well did you know Ernst HAL9000????
Posted By: Stirnpanzer Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 10:29 PM
a FRIEND told me me used to "Hang out at the YMCA......" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

HAL9000 - I mean Ernst not you... Cool
Posted By: Dave Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 10:39 PM
Wizard,

You have a phoney email address again in your profile. Email me a correct one if you want to keep on posting.

Dave
Posted By: jodagger Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/25/2006 11:33 PM
SmileHi Guys
Thanks for the nice comments. I am trying to get better pics of the partial, going to use a camera instead of the scanner, will post pics once I get it sorted.
Cheers Smile
Posted By: HAL9000 Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 01/26/2006 04:42 PM
Ron, we were room-mates in our student time!!!! Smile We share many beers before he joined the Brown Shirts Soccer

Funny person with a curious humour sense and with ANY doubt, his signature was small and made with a pen, not etched in the first metal piece he found.
Posted By: JR Re: 2 BOKER SS Rohms - 02/05/2006 07:39 PM
Dave, Wizzard has had a phony email address since day 1
© Your new forums