UBB.threads
Posted By: luca Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 10/12/2016 10:39 AM
Hi all..on a period newspaper i saw Erns Rohm wearing a personalized dagger with both Sa and SS runes, someone has any new about this dagger?? many thanks

Attached picture IMG_20160831_173327 (Copia) (Copia).jpg
Attached picture IMG_20160831_173332 (Copia) (Copia).jpg
Attached picture IMG_20160831_173430 (Copia) (Copia).jpg
And the vertical lines on the scabbard wow that's something! Only for der stabschef!
Posted By: luca Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 10/12/2016 10:57 AM
yeah...really unique...a pity that we cannot see the blade smile
Posted By: Krikke Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 12/02/2016 07:00 PM
I really hope this dagger will surface one day. But he was probably destroyed after the Röhm purge...
No one that knows more...?
Posted By: Dave Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 12/02/2016 07:54 PM
No one knows anything beyond a few sets of photos. The scabbard appears longer than any SA/SS dagger and the hanger is unique. I'd bet the blade was Damascus steel.

Probably used as a yard knife by some vet from Jersey City or Toledo or Allentown.
Posted By: Redsled Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 12/02/2016 08:59 PM
Yea it would be nice to see the blade, could have an SA on One side and a SS on the other smile
As I reading somewhere, it was said that Goering removed it when he was arrested and took it with him.
Posted By: Panzerfaust Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 12/15/2016 04:17 AM
Good luck finding that dagger!
Posted By: Krikke Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 02/02/2017 10:25 PM
That would be a very very nice dagger to add to the collection...!
Posted By: Dave Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 02/02/2017 11:52 PM
Yes - that would be about as big a find as any dagger I can think of. I'd bet the motto was "Deutschland Uber Alles" if it was not the normal SA motto.

Another that would be nice to find is that one Mussolini gave to AH but it was not unique enough (?) to offer 100% proof its the right one.

Any super-duper ones you are looking for?
Posted By: Militarynut Re: Personalized dagger worn by Ernst Rohm - 02/20/2017 12:06 AM
hi dave
mussolini presented to Adolf Hitler in 1938 an ivory handled italian dagger i believe number 1 or 2 same as mussolini was wearing when presenting this italian ivory handled dagger believe this or not i had a crack at one of these daggers probly forty years ago it surfaced in new york i held it in my hands i offereed a great amount of merchandise and money but it wasnt enoughto close the deal . i know the second person who owned this magnificent super rare mussolini dagger back then is when rare personized military items showed up for sale not any more hope you find this information intresting thanks for the memories andy militarynut
© Your new forums