UBB.threads
Posted By: baum how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/22/2013 02:57 PM
Hey everybody!

I live in southern Germany and would like to have a certificate of authenticity for my dagger (http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=175498&page=1).

How do I go about it? Any ideas and suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Baum
Posted By: baum Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/22/2013 05:32 PM
Here's a picture:

Attached picture image_name.jpg
You would need to send it to someone who's opinion you value. Gailen David or Wittmann come to mind immediately, however there are others as well... grin
Posted By: baum Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/22/2013 05:57 PM
Thank you, however, I'm hoping to find somebody in my area...
or at least in Europe.
Sorry can't help you there.
Posted By: luca Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/22/2013 07:16 PM
You re too modest paul...one of the best experts imo :-)
Originally Posted By: baum
Hey everybody!

I live in southern Germany and would like to have a certificate of authenticity for my dagger (http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=175498&page=1).

How do I go about it? Any ideas and suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Baum

Kontaktiere mal Ralf Siegert. Er erstellt Expertisen

http://www.dienstdolch.de/index.php/expertisen-mainmenu-78
Posted By: baum Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/23/2013 10:49 AM
Danke, guter Tipp und sogar in meiner Nähe smile
But that would be the most expensive piece of paper I ever purchased... he wants 5% of market price...

Maybe I will talk to him and see what can be arranged.
Posted By: Dave Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/23/2013 12:35 PM
5% of Market Price ??

Don't do it! All that does is encourage a high value appraisal.

As you say it is a piece of paper. Nothing more. When you sell it, a buyer will look at the dagger and decide, regardless of paper.
>>But that would be the most expensive piece of paper I ever purchased... he wants 5% of market price...<<

There is now someone NOT to recommend for a CoA.

>>As you say it is a piece of paper. Nothing more. When you sell it, a buyer will look at the dagger and decide, regardless of paper.<<

I concur with Dave. Most everyone here doesn't need a piece of paper to determine if they will buy it subject to someone's 'opinion' of Certificate of Authenticity/ Appraisal. Besides, over the years I have seen CoA's that I did not agree with.
Dear "Baun", interesting dagger.

PM sent, please let me know your thoughts.

Best,
Johnny
In the field of medals the best known expert is presently charging $500 + costs for a Cert for RK's.
The other thing one must consider is what is the piece of paper worth? Does the Cert 100% insure the item is authentic or does it just provide an opinion? Is the Cert giver assuming any liability is the item turns out later to be a copy? cry
Posted By: ajax Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/26/2013 03:58 AM
Depends who is writing it.
Posted By: baum Re: how can I get a certificate for my full rohm - 11/26/2013 05:30 PM
Thank you for your opinions!
© Your new forums