UBB.threads
Posted By: luca full rohm dagger - 10/24/2013 12:29 PM
hi all..i know that is very hard to give an opinion on this photos(are photo taken from the pc screen)...but do you think it can be an original sa rohm dagger?? the dedication is lower from the crest of the blade but i've seen on wittmann books that on eickhorn daggers is not so unusual

Attached picture CAM00192 (1) (Copia).jpg
Attached picture CAM00194 (Copia).jpg
Attached picture CAM00196 (Copia).jpg
Attached picture CAM00197 (1) (Copia).jpg
Posted By: Jeronimo Re: full rohm dagger - 10/31/2013 04:04 AM
Difficult,
My first concern would be that most of the dedication appears to be below the center ridge.
The small Eickhorn logo can be off-center a little bit, but not the dedication, from what I understand.
I think no one has chimed in simply because the photos are bad.
Try to get more info from the seller....
Good luck.

Jerry
Posted By: lakesidetrader Re: full rohm dagger - 10/31/2013 03:39 PM
Luca those pics are terrible, suggest you provide a link to the site?
Posted By: luca Re: full rohm dagger - 10/31/2013 03:58 PM
You're right paul but its an auction site and it must be registered to...i don t know if i can say he auction name here:-)
Thanks a lot
Posted By: luca Re: full rohm dagger - 10/31/2013 11:32 PM
the best i can do for pics:)

Attached picture 80927_b.jpg
Attached picture 80927_d.jpg
Attached picture 80927_b(1).jpg
Attached picture 80927_c.jpg
Posted By: sellick8302@rogers.com Re: full rohm dagger - 11/01/2013 02:57 PM
I think that the dagger and therefore the dedication stands a chance. I can not say with 100% certainty that the dedication is correct and period due to the poor picture quality but I do not see any glaring red flags that jump out at me, either with the trademark oval or with the etch/dedication. I think that this piece stands a very good chance of being an authentic Rohm dagger. Having said that, and if the scabbard has no major flaws or issues and is commensurate with the condition of the dagger in general I think that it would be well bought at any price below $4000 IMO, cheer and regards, Ryan S
Posted By: 777 Re: full rohm dagger - 11/08/2013 09:37 PM
Yes, you're right about the distance between the dedication and the Eickhorn logo, usually it's about 20 mm (+/- 1mm), here it looks like 23 mm at least. However, if the differences occur, then it means the logo and the dedication were done with 2 separate templates and not with one integral template, thus even 2 or 3 mm differences can be acceptable.
I compared it with Full Röhm Eickhorn I own and I can see some differences in letters' thicknes here and there, but they might be linked with some aspects of the etching process. Hands on inspection would bring more light, but it remains impossible so far.
BTW. seeing the obverse of the blade would be interesting as well.
Posted By: luca Re: full rohm dagger - 11/09/2013 09:41 AM
Thanks a lot to all of you...now i have a clear idea on doing
Posted By: RFI Re: full rohm dagger - 11/11/2013 02:50 AM
I am not too sure on this dagger. I know it is really hard to say from these pics but, from what little I can see. It appears as if the dedication and TM were not etched at the same time. It would be nice to see the front and hold it in hand.
Best Wishes,
Bob
© Your new forums