UBB.threads
Posted By: 1942collector Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/08/2012 01:50 PM
Gentleman
Can I get some opinions on this Rhom blade inscription.
The Rhom inscription is on a SS blade.??
Sorry but these are the best pic's I can get.
thanks
MM

Attached picture rhome 1.JPG
Attached picture rhome 4.JPG
Attached picture rhome 10.JPG
Posted By: Gailen David Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/08/2012 02:50 PM
Jeeze!!!!!!!!

Gailen
Gailen...Im assuming you dont like it.LOL.
Posted By: 1942collector Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/08/2012 08:48 PM
Hello
Can I ask what Jeeze means????
Is that good or bad????
Originally Posted By: Gailen David
Jeeze!!!!!!!!

Gailen

MM
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/08/2012 10:25 PM
The blade and guards are reproductions. The blade is a very good example and so close to being authentic, it's painful. Unless you are looking for a high quality repro, don't buy it.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/09/2012 09:42 AM
This is in southern Illinois and should stay there IMO.
Posted By: 1942collector Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/09/2012 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Ronald Weinand
This is in southern Illinois and should stay there IMO.

Gentleman
Thanks for the IMO's. It just looked to good to be true. I compared the Rhom dedication to one in Ralph Siegert's book and just going picture to picture they looked the same.
Guess copies are getting better and better.
I sent a note to the seller telling him it is a good copy but still a copy, interesting to see what it sells for??
thanks again
mike
Posted By: Gailen David Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/09/2012 02:28 PM
Sorry about my "jeeze" reply. But it was hard to say anything after seeing the picture.

Gailen
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/09/2012 11:18 PM
There are several of these blades floating around. At a casual examination, they look pretty good. The metal is not quite the correct tone and there are problems with the etch, but you have to know what to look for. I sent one of these to a noted collector for evaluation and, though he stopped short of authenticating it, he said it looked "right" and did not peg it as a repro. You are right, 1942collector, the repro's are getting better.
Posted By: Gailen David Re: Rhom dedication on SS blade ???? - 12/10/2012 11:24 PM
Grumby: Your so right! And them some guy wants an opinion of a Rohm blade using a couple of images on the site. Good luck!

Gailen
© Your new forums