UBB.threads
Hi All:

Some of you may have seen the partially ground SS Röhm dagger for sale at Regimentals.com (item 45124) that is numbered 44 284. SS No. 44 284 was assigned to SS-Hauptsturmführer Toni Urlaub. I have been looking for a partially ground identifiable SS dagger and investigated this one further after it was first posted. Urlaub is listed in the 1935-1938 SS-Dienstalterslistes and has a SS Officer File and Race & Settlement File in the National Archives. I was initially excited to find a photo of him in his SS Officer File.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture urlaudA1.JPG
His SS Officer File contained five copies his SS-Stammrolle and his Führerstammkarte. Three of the SS-Stammrolle were in the format adopted in 1934 where it was to be recorded if the person received the Enrendolches der SA (SS). All of his cards clearly indicate that he had not. The portion that I posted here even carries the later correction for when he received his Totenkopfring.

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture stammE.JPG
He had not become a full member of the SS until December 1932. His Fragebogen, shown below, that he filled out records that he had not been a member of the SA or HJ prior to the SS which would have qualified him if all had taken place before 31 December 1931. Since I have yet to see any order concerning a change in who received the Ehrendolch, I'll let someone else acquire this one. Hate to own things that I have to later make apologies for. See you at the SOS!

Due to the snow, the National Archives & the rest of the Federal government in D.C. have been shut down for an unprecedented five days. Your tax dollars not at work this week.

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture fragA.JPG
Mark it sold!

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
Posted By: Jim Toncar Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/15/2010 01:24 AM
So what did the dagger look like ?
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/15/2010 04:25 PM
Jim

I will post pictures once I receive the dagger.
Posted By: Jim Toncar Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/15/2010 05:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by North of 55:
Jim

I will post pictures once I receive the dagger.

Great, looking forward to it for my files.
Posted By: 777 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/17/2010 09:51 PM
Do you mean the dagger became "ground Röhm" after the war? Cool
Posted By: A J Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/18/2010 11:00 AM
Ross on the Fragebogen he answers one question with nein i.e. no but are the other questions including the ehrendegen and todtenkopf ring ones answered with a tick i.e. saying yes some of them look definitely like ticks whilst others look more like forward slashes.How do other Fragebogen look when answered in the affirmative if they are ticks he was in the SA and the HJ makes sense that they are otherwise surely he would have answered nein as he did to one question shown surely
Hi AJ:

He used "./." and "/" in other parts of his Fragbogen where the requested information did not apply. His Führerstammkarte also does not indicate service in the SA or HJ.

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
Posted By: Mikee Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/18/2010 04:27 PM
It looks like he answered "Ja" for the honor ring and "nein" for the guestion,Were you a political leader? All other questions are clearly marked and answered with slash marks.
Slash marks mean what? Is it the same as N/A (non applicable or not available)which is used to indicate the deliberate omission of information? Or simply means doesn't apply and will use slash marks to fill in the blank spaces so the paperwork looks properly filled in?
Posted By: Mikee Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/18/2010 04:38 PM
Ross you replied before I asked the question, man your fast. Got it, / eguals doesn't apply.
Posted By: A J Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 02/18/2010 05:55 PM
Cheers Ross thanks for the explanation wouldn't be keen to own that dagger in light of the paper trail you have uncovered
Tony
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/17/2010 01:34 AM
Pictures Partial SS Rohm Number 44284

Attached picture upload_ss_1.jpg
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/17/2010 01:34 AM

Attached picture upload_ss2.jpg
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/17/2010 01:35 AM

Attached picture ss_down_load_3.jpg
Posted By: slayer Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/17/2010 11:48 PM
Nice one, more pictures please.
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/18/2010 01:34 AM
Few more

Attached picture ss_rohm_6.jpg
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/18/2010 01:35 AM

Attached picture ss_rohm_5.jpg
Posted By: Jim W Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 03/28/2010 01:56 AM
This appears to be a nice example with a lot of charactor, and history. A truly unique find.

I have a ground similar SS Rohm by Eichorn, may I ask what they are worth. Without all the research, of course.
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/06/2010 11:28 AM
Personally I dont like that dedication one bit, looks like it could have been post war applied IMO.

I have a fake that looks very similar with all the crossgrain polished out then they re apply a dedication. Looks to heavy in parts for me. You might want to get that under a digital microscope to be on the safe side.
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/06/2010 11:35 AM
Herder full rohm

Attached picture tn_rohm_1.jpg
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/06/2010 11:36 AM
Hereder Ground rohm, I just bought this one last week.

Attached picture tn_Rohm_2.jpg
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/06/2010 11:41 AM
Sorry just enlarged the pic

Attached picture tn_Picture_107[1]_cropped.jpg
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/06/2010 11:47 AM
I will post you some more pics when I am home tommorow as close up comparisons. But get someone to check it out in hand to make sure you have not bought a lemon, like Frederick Stevens or Gailen etc. From the pictures I would have some concerns over that piece and also from the stuff that Ross posted.

Far better safe than sorry, people dont like to imply something could be wrong but I felt the need to raise the red flag for you on it.
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 02:37 AM
Thanks for the input, I did purchase it from a reputable dealer. But that being said. You never know and I have heard of post war inscription which does concern me.
I will be getting a opinion on the dagger.

Mario
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 08:18 AM
Dear Mario very wise move... you have a great dealer in Canada you might try, or send it to one of the experts on here.

Im afraid just because it comes from a dealer does not mean it is right.
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:28 AM
Here you are, this one turned up in the post today from Vets son in the US.I have taken some better pictures. it still has all the cross grain on the blade and a deep burnish both sides. But you can see that the dedication is finer to look at and not as deep as the one you have.

Attached picture tn_rohm_007.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:28 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_008.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:29 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_009.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:29 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_010.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:30 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_011.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:38 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_2_001.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:39 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_2_004.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:39 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_2_005.JPG
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 10:40 AM

Attached picture tn_rohm_2_006.JPG
Posted By: 777 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 11:05 AM
Using logic and common sense: The SS man himself declares that he was NOT entitled to carry an honor dagger, so there are 3 solutions possible (assuming it is not parts dagger):
1. According to the SS number stamped on the crossguard the dagger belonged to him and the dedication is post war.
2. Dedication is original to the blade and whole dagger, but the number was added post war.
3. Both dedication and number are post war done to enhance the value

Is there any other option? Sorry, but "it comes from the dealer = it must be authentic" is worth to me as much as "they told it on TV = it must be truth".
Posted By: Luko Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 02:35 PM
Nicely wrote Adam!

Lukas.
Posted By: A J Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/07/2010 03:56 PM
Scroll down a few threads to the one started by Hakan81 re a Haenel SA partial Rohm imo the dedication is the same dremel job as this Herder
Bit late to get a hands on done now should have asked someone to visit FJS perhaps and OKed it first can't see you getting a return after so long but hope you do.
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 04/08/2010 02:51 AM
I thank you all for your input. I have compared the inscription on my SA rohm and yes there is a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sh.........
Adam good point.
Well sending it off for a writen report and then lets see what happens.

Mario
"They" could have done much better with the fonts they picked out to stamp the crossguard.

-serge-
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/04/2010 08:46 PM
Well I have a report on this dagger.
Looks like the blade is good but the serial number is not period, And the dagger has lower crossguard issues {alteration} and the grip is not orginal to this dagger.
{Parts dagger}
Not something I want in my collection.
Thanks guys.
This site is great

Mario
Posted By: slayer Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/05/2010 01:16 AM
Can you return it & get your money back from the selling dealer ?
Posted By: mongobongo Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/05/2010 08:40 AM
Go get your money back!
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/05/2010 12:57 PM
I have sent a request for a return. See what happens.
Posted By: North of 55 Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/07/2010 06:42 PM
Just to let you know the Dagger is going back.
Getting money back.
Posted By: Terry Pullen Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 05/08/2010 09:28 PM
Nice result. Glad for you!
Posted By: OverLord Re: Partial SS Röhm Anomaly For Sale - 08/01/2010 05:26 PM
Mongo - can you post the PICs of the fake SS in your possesion as a warning on what to whach out?
© Your new forums