UBB.threads
Posted By: Trigger What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 06:38 PM
What a dilemma I'm in right now..

I've been offered 2 daggers I really want, but can only afford 1. Frown

The choice is between a near mint Voos maker-marked double engraved 2.nd Luft with Ivory grip etc.

The other is a more modestly conditioned full R�hm inscription dagger, Klaas maker.

So which one should I buy? Confused

Attached picture rohm.jpg
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 06:39 PM
Ok, so I'm sneaking in some luft-pics as well.. ;-)

Attached picture voos_f.jpg
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 06:40 PM
Last luft-pic.

So now I'll let you guys speak Wink

Attached picture voos_r.jpg
Posted By: Roy Carroll Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 07:58 PM
are they both the same asking price?
The engraved maker marked voos army and lufts are 2 of my fav edged weapons right around 10k if in mint condition,
Id say the klaas ss is about15k
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 08:09 PM
Hi Roy,
They are both priced almost the same, just some pocket-change in difference.. Cool
Posted By: Grumpy Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 08:15 PM
Gee, that's a tough one. Both are somewhat rare and desirable, as far as "investment potential." I doubt you can go wrong with either. The ultimate decision is yours, of course. If I were choosing, I would go with the "Klaas," but I'm principally an SS collector. However, I do think it is a rarer dagger and has more universal appeal than the "Voos" example. I would ask myself if I will likely regret not buying one of these later and which one I personally find more appealing and want in my collection. Price is certainly a factor, also. Is one "bargain priced" over the other? Yeah, I would go with the "Klaas." Just can't help it.
Posted By: Stirnpanzer Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 08:18 PM
Personally i go for the SS any time. Big Grin

I have seen a couple about in pretty mint condition at the moment ranging from $16-20 K

So this Klass i think would be a fair bit less....
Posted By: sdp Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 09:15 PM
Trigger... go the SS and never look back... Big Grin
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 09:25 PM
Looks like the dark side wins again.. Big Grin
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 10:17 PM
I agree, the SS is the rarer. I thought the Klaas Roehm daggers had a smaller maker mark when used with the inscription. This maker logo of the kissing cranes looks more full size to me? I'm just interested in learning here, and claim no expertise in Roehm SS daggers. Maybe Gailen can fill us in. Thanks, John
Posted By: Dave Re: What should I do??? - 07/30/2006 10:40 PM
Is there a real question here Big GrinBig Grin ?

Buy the SS dagger !!

Dave

PS - Klass made Rohm daggers with both their regular sized trademark and with a smaller one.
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 06:41 AM
Don't be stupid. Borrow the money from the bank on a short term loan and BUY them both. Next, sell some of your common, replaceable items to raise the money to pay the loan off and then, over time, buy back the common, replaceable items.
YOU WILL ALWAYS REGRET PASSING ONE OF THESE UP!!! They never come up that common in this condition and they aren't making them anymore.
I have done this on my own several times and have NEVER regretted it. I only wish I had started doing this sooner.
JMO
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
Posted By: Degens Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 12:09 PM
Ron makes a great point, how often will you get the chance to own either.
If it would mean reposession or divorce then obviously choose divorce but both items are very desirable. I would be tempted to buy both and move one on if they are bargain priced, but thats only if I could get a 2nd mortgage !.
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 01:13 PM
I think buying both using a 2.nd mortgage would have brought me directly into the divorce-situation Big Grin Frown
Especially since I've very recently bought another SS-dagger and a 2.nd Luft.

So I have today told the seller that the Klaas SS R�hm is to be shipped to me Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh, Did I mention that this very dagger is pictured on p.73 in TW bible? Wink

Cheers,
Posted By: Houston Coates Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 01:19 PM
I agree. IF the price is good-Jump on both of them.
Posted By: zorro Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 05:30 PM
Go for both of them because in a divorce she will probably think they are a couple of kitchen utensils and you will get to keep those and the dog dish.She gets everything else! Big Grin
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: What should I do??? - 07/31/2006 06:46 PM
zorro there a lot smarter today I had to "buy" my collection back.Her lawyer was going to have TW appraise it and I was going to have to pay for it.If you don't want this to happen you better keep everything a secret.
P.S. tough decison but you buy what makes you the happiest.Nice daggers
Posted By: MichaelP Re: What should I do??? - 08/01/2006 03:19 PM
Trigger, glad that you felt the force and went over to the darkside,altough the luft was a beaut aswell well other than getting a morg and incuring the wrath of she who wears the trousers Big Grin I would do as Ron was saying either that or rob a bank.
as
always
Mike
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 08/01/2006 08:38 PM
Hehe Big Grin
I've been with the dark side a good few years now. Cool
It's just that LW has also a special place in my heart... Wink

Cheers,
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 08/03/2006 03:35 PM
Latest update Big Grin

I have secured both the Luft and the Klaas Rohm following both my heart and the sound advice of several members here.

Thanks everybody Smile

Cheers,
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: What should I do??? - 08/03/2006 04:26 PM
Good for you Trigger!
Not only do you now have 2 FANTASTIC new pieces, but the bread and water diet you will be on for the next 6 months or so will do wonders for your health! Big Grin Big Grin Wink
Congrats!
Posted By: Trigger Re: What should I do??? - 08/03/2006 04:34 PM
Hehe Big Grin
Wife's complaining about us eating too much and gaining weight, so now I have the perfect reason for a longterm diet Big Grin Smile
© Your new forums