UBB.threads
Posted By: Ross Kelbaugh (SS-Researcher) SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/12/2008 01:22 PM
Hi All:

Here is the first illustrated document that I have come across specifically ordering how the SS Röhm daggers were to be numbered. Dating from 28 June 1938 (look out Ernst!), the order applied only to Honor Daggers or Ehrendolches) (emphasized with the underlining) and not the SS service daggers. Numbers were to applied on the lower guards on the reverse sides from the Hoheitsabzeichens. Also interesting to note that the SS numbers were to be engraved though most existing examples are stamped. The illustrated example has SS No. 56 864 which actually belonged to Untersturmführer Hans Ulonska.

Enjoy!

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture röhmnumberingorder2.jpg
Posted By: Seiler Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/12/2008 04:24 PM
Typo Ross.1934.But indeed very interesting info.
Seiler (Yank in UK) Wink
Oops...thanks Seiler!

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com
Posted By: Billy G. Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/13/2008 03:20 AM
Ross,

Another great find & very cool to see, many thanks for sharing it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/13/2008 09:31 AM
Ross,
Great research - of value to all readers, thanks. Have you run across any information regarding SS Roehm's that are not numbered?

Thanks Again,

Mike
Posted By: Robert H. Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/13/2008 08:14 PM
does anyone has a Rohm SS Dagger with the Staffel numbering?
Posted By: sokol Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/17/2008 06:04 AM
What goes for Staffel number?
I also wonder why we can see F,PG or GR with SS numbers far more higher than those before 12/31/1931. The orders say that the reciepient must be in service before that date.
Posted By: sokol Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/18/2008 05:22 AM
Any opinions?
Posted By: Robert H. Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/18/2008 02:06 PM
the Staffel number has nothing to do with the SS member number, for my part I haven't seen yet a Rohm dagger with the Staffel number. Maybe someone else has a photo of such an Rohm dagger with the Staffel numbering.
Posted By: sokol Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/18/2008 03:06 PM
The SS Roehm CG's digits do not look as detachment numbers. But what are they? That is a big quistion.
According to SAHC Order # 1444/34 Roehm dagger will be issued free of charge for SA/SS members with unbroken service since Dec 31, 1931. The order also states that the number of SS members to recieve Roehm dagger is 9 900.
So, the quistion is - what CG's digits mean?? In fact the SS number digits for those members who joined before 12/31/1931 must be within 30 000 interval. But TW has pictures of a FR with 6 digits number in his SS book. It couldn't be a SS number. JMO.
quote:
Originally posted by Robert H.:
the Staffel number has nothing to do with the SS member number, for my part I haven't seen yet a Rohm dagger with the Staffel number. Maybe someone else has a photo of such an Rohm dagger with the Staffel numbering.

Hi All:

I do not claim at all to be fluent in German, but I have examined literally thousands of SS documents in my search for SS membership numbers. I have noted that in internal documents for the Schutzstaffel, that Staffelmänner is sometimes used as a general term to refer to SS men. The term Staffelnummer is also sometimes used interchangeably for the SS-Ausweis or the SS Mann's unique SS membership number. Here is an example that gives the NSDAP membership number (134 907) & Staffelnummer (20 060) for Ehrendolche recipient Werner Neuendorf. See this and the following post.

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture staffelnoA.jpg
Here is Neuendorf's entry from the 1934 Dienstaltersliste der Schutzstaffel der N.S.D.A.P.. Note the SS Number 20 060 is the same as the Staffelnummer in the previous document.

Thanks,

Ross Kelbaugh
www.ssdaggers.com

Attached picture 1934DienA.jpg
Posted By: sokol Re: SS Röhm Numbering Order - 09/24/2008 05:00 AM
Thanks again, Ross.
And what explanation could you give to 6 digits numbers of Roehm dagger owners?
© Your new forums