UBB.threads
Posted By: B�rse Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/27/2006 10:04 AM
Question:

Wasn't this very rough Rohm now dagger being sold by the E-Bay seller "Oldmarketplace" once on the site of a very nice guy and GDC forum member's site, D. D. Harris?

If I recall, DD was asking only a few hundred, and told everyone what a beater it is.

It might not be the same dagger, but wanted your thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EARLY-GERMAN-PRESENTATION-DAGGER-FU...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

quote:
RARE FIND!!! AS ACQUIRED STRAIGHT OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE!!! EARLY GERMAN PRESENTATION DAGGER WITH A FULLY INSCRIBED BLADE BY EICKHORN. All fittings are the early solid nickel-silver type, matching crossguards are both internally marked "P.A." (to inside) with lower one marked "He" to back. Early brown anodized scabbard complete with its original early brown leather hanger with nickel-silver clip. This is an extremely rare and hard to find dagger which unfortunately was kept in a damp basement for some time so the blade got heavily pitted, however the full inscription remains clear and intact as well as the rare signature which is 100% intact. The rest of the dagger is in excellent condition showing mild age and mild wear. Here is your chance to acquire one of the rarest German daggers at a very affordable price. DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!!! BARGAIN PRICED!!! WILL NOT LAST LONG!!!

BUY IT NOW $1,400

It does indeed seem to be the same blade - not a bad mark up!!!! this would be the first original thing oldmarket has sold in a long time Big Grin
Aah the blades ok: Haven't you ever see an example of East Slabovian damascus before!! Does anyone really know who this seller is? Wink Big Grin
Posted By: Dave Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/27/2006 10:26 PM
I always advise newer Members to avoid auctions with ANY of the following attributes:

- Pay only by Western Union
- Seller is in the old Warsaw Pact areas.
- "User ID Kept Private" auctions
- "All sales are final" auctions

This one, besides selling a really crappy dagger, has both of the last two mentioned features, which you should take as a warning.

Dave
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/28/2006 12:09 AM
One important fact, don't forget the real reputation of this seller despite the apparent originality of this particular dagger. Additionally, all of Dave's points are well taken.
Posted By: Johan_rev Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/28/2006 04:31 PM
Im not saying I know anything...yet...
But a few weeks ago I knew less than nothing, and I wouldnt buy that one even then, simply because its rough and ugly. So I dont really understand why anyone at all would buy it. Even if you dont have the slightest idea, you could see its ugly, and buy something else. So I must be missing something in the ad, or the seller missing something between the ears...
Posted By: d.d.harris Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/28/2006 09:57 PM
THIS APPEARS TO BE A BLADE(BLADE ONLY) I SOLD AT THE SYRACUSE NY SHOW LAST WEEKEND FOR $300 ..DIRECT VET PURCHASE HA-HA ...
Hi d.d.:
It must be magnetic as it seems to have attracted additional parts! Roll Eyes Big Grin Maybe he's referring to the fact that you're a veteran show attendee!! Wink
Jim
Posted By: Dave Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/28/2006 10:44 PM
Usually, when something is posted about this seller, his friend shows up to tell us that .... we are really being short sighted and the dirtbags who first ran this business are now long gone, so it's really OK for us to bid now. Big GrinBig Grin

DD - if you kept any pictures, please post them.

Dave
Yes;
I have been wondering when "Stabchef" is going to make an appearance. Roll Eyes Big Grin Big Grin
Jim
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/28/2006 11:49 PM
Hi D.D.

GDC member Goldfasen said he saw you at the show and you two got to chat. Yes - I thought this was your blade. Thanks for sharing. Always appreciate your site too DDS Daggers

I like to look there, and I love the pieces you have sold me.

As far as this guy, he just lowered the price on E-Bay to $1295. I guess his original declaration didn't pan out.

quote:
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!!! BARGAIN PRICED!!! WILL NOT LAST LONG!!!
Posted By: d.d.harris Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/29/2006 12:06 PM
PIX OF THE RAT ROEHM BLADE I SOLD AT SYRACUSE SHOW LAST WEEKEND .... www.ddsdaggers.com/rat ..pix are to big to post
d.d.
Do you also have a picture of the rat that bought it? Mad
Jim
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/29/2006 10:54 PM
quote:
Do you also have a picture of the rat that bought it?

Jim - DD probably doesn't have that, but I can imagine what "Oldmarketplace" looks like. Here he is.........

Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/29/2006 10:56 PM
By the way - he lowered the price again on the E-Bay ad.

Now down to a "bargain" at $1200.
Borse:
BTW: Is that what ALL the used car salesmen from Jersey look like!! Roll Eyes Big Grin Big Grin
Jim
Posted By: -Kris- Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/30/2006 06:14 AM
Jim,

My God! That guy is a dinosaur, I know that type however. Big Grin.

Kris
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 04/30/2006 08:08 AM
Gentleman

Start your engines....Lets see if we can make his day...I will start it off at opening bid.
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/01/2006 01:17 AM
The dagger was brought in to my buddy's store by a young Gentleman in his late 20's to early 30's, I was called in to examin it, I saw nothing wrong with it other than the extensive pitting as described in auction. It was a full and complete dagger when Oldmarketplace received it the way you see it on ebay. The guy who brought it in said that he purchased it from a New York vet, he also gave the vet's name and address as well. This is what we know, and this is how Oldmarketplace got it. It is real and it is original.
Can anyone find a full Rohm for under $4000.00!!! I didn't think so..
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/01/2006 01:54 AM
This thread is three days old, what took you so long?

BTW the auction says the piece was "acquired straight out of a vet's estate". You're here spinning a yarn about a kid coming into a store saying he purchased the dagger from the vet and had the name and address of the vet. So which is it?
Stabschef:
Long time between scams isn't it!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I take it this means you are emphatically denying that the blade in this dagger that Old Marketplace is pedaling is the one D.D. Harris sold at a gun show last weekend?
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/01/2006 03:56 PM
First of all I do not come to this forum much anymore as I have other important things to do. A friend of mine who saw this thread emailed me last night and asked me to respond so I did. I said what I had to say according to what I know and what I saw which was a full and complete dagger with no signs of refitting (meaning absolutely no gaps between blade and lower crossguard). This is the way my buddies at Oldmarketplace bought it, they offered me first shot at it before it went to auction, as they always do. Had it been an SS I would have grabbed it. Enough said, end of discussion on my part.
Tell me Stab in between your busy schedule of shilling for Oldmarketplace on various forums - do you write comedy skits by any chance... Wink
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/01/2006 11:25 PM
Latest change to the ad:

quote:
RARE FIND!!! AS ACQUIRED OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE!!! Buy it Now! $995

I wish gasoline prices would do this.
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/04/2006 10:30 AM
The E-Bay auction is over.

No one bid on it.
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/05/2006 02:51 AM
FYI it sold for $900.00 off ebay and the guy loved it.. I guess you must be really jealous or something couse you keep on bringing up this topic, oh well, deal with it. In resonse to the smart guy with the smart remarks such as "Long time between scams", I think we know who the real scammers are, its all over the net and maybe you should read some of it. I have many related links that I could post on here but I'm only posting one very interesting link from another forum's search engine which really sums it all up: (sorry no offence intended to the good members on here but those few bad apples are tarnishing your image and something should be done about it before it's too late) http://www.militariacollecting.com/index.php?act=Search...te=germandaggers.com
Stabschef:
I'm truly glad I'm not you and don't have to look in the mirror at myself on a daily basis. You make an old time used car salesman look good in the ethics area. I sincerely hope you disappear into the primordial mix where you belong.
quote:
FYI it sold for $900.00 off ebay and the guy loved it..

I can just imagine how it went down....

I just love my new dagger..

WHAT !!! What do you mean its a cat!!!

Attached picture m196902010012.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/05/2006 03:35 PM
I'm curious, considering the item ended at 05/03 17:05:27 Pac time, and the guy already loved it by 05/04 22:51 EST.

I'm sure the story will be he sold it to a buddy in person. If not, it had to have been teleported, which may, in fact, explain the cat... Big Grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/05/2006 05:34 PM
Complete B U L L S H I T.....Allways a silver lining.Its fairly obvious that this is the EXACT BLADE that was sold off...I mean EXACT.Quite a coinsidence.
Posted By: Dave Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/05/2006 08:38 PM
Wow - delivered in less than three hours !

And, the guy loved it. Of course, he better like it, since as usual, all sales are final Big GrinBig Grin

Dave
I wonder what took longer. Modifying it from a loose junk condition blade to a complete dagger or delivering it?? Roll Eyes Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/06/2006 01:34 AM
quote:
I guess you must be really jealous or something couse you keep on bringing up this topic, oh well, deal with it.

"Jealous" is not the word I would use.

This forum is a magnificent tool to not only share and enjoy a hobby with fellow collectors, but also to exchange information.

Here are the facts:

1. D.D. Harris (who is an honest and wonderful guy) sold a blade only at the Syracuse show. He himself said the blade was a "rat."

2. It shows up on E-Bay immediately afterward, attached to a new handle, crossguard, and scabbard. Moreover, it is advertised as AS ACQUIRED STRAIGHT OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE!!! That is a lie. You can cook up any story you want about some little old lady, boy, or Labrador Retreiver bringing it into some store, but I don't believe it.

3. After this scam sale failed on E-Bay, you make the claim that the newly assembled parts dagger was sold and delivered in a very, very, very short timeframe - with happy faces, chocolate smiles, and joy-joy rainbows for all. Smile

It is people like you (right - I get it , you are not "OldMarketPlace - just a "friend") that give this hobby a black eye.

People like you scam naive new collectors, take their money, and ruin their enthusiasm for a hobby that should bring them a healthy distraction in their life. Even if you are not "OldMarketPlace", you are an Enabler to this scam and dishonesty.

For you to consider:

Honest scales and balances are from the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making.
Proverbs 16:11
Posted By: Ron Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/06/2006 01:42 AM
I think Borse hit the nail on the head! Well said and I don't see how "OMP" can dispute the facts. Ron
Posted By: RevYJ Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/06/2006 01:45 AM
Whoa! This is getting too much like a Quentin Tarantino movie. Eek

Attached picture jules.jpg
I HAVE TO SIDE WITH STABSCHEF ON THAT. IF SOME DEALER SOLD A BLADE AT A SHOW THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALY MEAN THAT THE SELLER OF THAT DAGGER IS THE ONE WHO PUT IT TOGETHER. I JUST LOOKED AT THIS DAGGER, IT LOOKS ORIGINAL TO ME, I ALSO LOOKED AT SELLER'S FEEDBACK AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS SELLER HAS A RATHER OUTSTANDING FEEDBACK WHICH DOES "NOT" SUPPORT ANY OF THE ALLEGATIONS BEING BROUGHT ON THIS FORUM AGAINST THIS SELLER. YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES GANGING UP ON A GOOD AND HONEST SELLER APPARENTLY FOR PERSONAL OR OTHER HIDDEN REASONS. I GUESS IT IS VERY TRUE WHAT IS BEING SAID ON THE MCF FORUM... WHAT A SHAME...
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/06/2006 09:45 PM
Riiigght.

You have a total of two (2) post on German Daggers dot com - and this one sticks up for someone hawking a parts dagger on E-bay even after it was pointed out to them; and they continued to say in the auction it was "STRAIGHT OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE!"

Nice little MCF plug there too. Hmmmm mmm.
quote:
You have a total of two (2) post on German Daggers dot com - and this one sticks up for someone hawking a parts dagger on E-bay even after it was pointed out to them; and they continued to say in the auction it was "STRAIGHT OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE!"

Nice little MCF plug there too. Hmmmm mmm.

YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING HOW CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS SEEM TO ALWAYS JUMP TO THE WRONG CONCLUSIONS. AS I RECALL I HAD OVER 500 POSTS ON HERE BEFORE THEY SWITCHED TO THE GROUPIE LOG-IN SYSTEM WHICH MESSED UP MY ACCOUNT SO I HAD TO REGISTER AGAIN LAST YEAR AS GROUPIE WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY OLD PASSWORD AND EMAIL ADDRESS. BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT NOW. IF YOU HAVE GENUINE CONCERNS ABOUT A "BLADE" THAT WAS SOLD AT A SHOW, THEN YOU SHOULD ADDRESS THOSE CONCERNS TO THE DEALER WHO SOLD THAT BLADE OR THE BUYER WHO PURCHASED IT AND ALLEGEDLY ASSEMBLED IT INTO A FULL DAGGER, IF THIS WAS THE CASE HERE. TO GO AHEAD AND ACCUSE A GOOD EBAY SELLER OF PUTTING THIS DAGGER TOGETHER WITHOUT ANY VALID PROOF WHAT SO EVER IS NOT RIGHT IN MY BOOK.. YES INDEED THE SELLER DID SAY THAT THE DAGGER WAS ACQUIRED OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE SELLER AND THIS WAS WHAT THEY WERE PRESENTED WITH BY THE INDIVIDUAL WHO BROUGHT IT IN ALONG WITH DOCUMENTED INFORMATION ON THE VETERAN, WHETHER TRUE OR NOT. THAT WAS HOW THEY GOT IT AND THIS WAS HOW THEY SOLD IT.
MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE INVESTIGATED THE MATTER FURTHER BEFORE THEY PUT IT ON EBAY BUT THEY DID NOT BECAUSE THE DAGGER LOOKED 100% RIGHT AND THEY HAD NO REASON TO DOUBT ITS AUTHENTICITY. BEING A RING COLLECTOR MYSELF, MAYBE I SHOULD MENTION THE 4 FAKE RINGS THAT ARE CURRENTLY BEING ADVERTIZED ON A WELL KNOW GERMAN MILITARIA DEALER'S WEBSITE IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. AND YES, YOU ALL KNOW HIM, GO LOOK AT THE GARBAGE FAKE RINGS HE'S GOT ON THERE, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. BUT THAT'S OK I GUESS, NO PROBLEM THERE, HE'S ALLOWED TO DO THAT ANYTIME ANYPLACE AND NO ONE OPENS THEIR MOUTH TO SAY A WORD...(NOT TO MENTION THE PAIR OF TWO BS JOKE DAGGERS HE JUST SOLD) THIS IS TOTAL BS IF YOU ASK ME.. AND YES I DID MENTION "MCF", STABSCHEF WAS RIGHT, PEOPLE ARE TALKING ON THERE, THE SAD TRUTH FINALLY CAME OUT, AGAIN, MAKES ME TOTALY SICK...
Posted By: B�rse Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/07/2006 01:39 AM
YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING HOW CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS SEEM TO ALWAYS JUMP TO THE WRONG CONCLUSIONS. AS I RECALL I HAD OVER 500 POSTS ON HERE BEFORE THEY SWITCHED TO THE GROUPIE LOG-IN SYSTEM WHICH MESSED UP MY ACCOUNT SO I HAD TO REGISTER AGAIN LAST YEAR AS GROUPIE WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY OLD PASSWORD AND EMAIL ADDRESS.

I am not wrong. I don’t care if you were registered here under 3 different names back in 2001, 200, 1999, or have Montana library card from 1954 in your possession. You still jumped into the defense of this on your second post after you registered for GDC (or re-registered). Moreover, I don’t really care what your “history” is, and how in the Sam Hill is anyone supposed to know? You have your profile, and that’s that.

BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT NOW.

Then why did you bring it up?

IF YOU HAVE GENUINE CONCERNS ABOUT A "BLADE" THAT WAS SOLD AT A SHOW, THEN YOU SHOULD ADDRESS THOSE CONCERNS TO THE DEALER WHO SOLD THAT BLADE OR THE BUYER WHO PURCHASED IT AND ALLEGEDLY ASSEMBLED IT INTO A FULL DAGGER, IF THIS WAS THE CASE HERE.

Old_Market_Place? Fine – tell me and everybody else who he is, because no one can get a straight answer. Is Stab him? Are you? Moreover, that was the point of this thread. I asked a question, and the evidence came out that it was DD Harris' blade, the dagger is parts, and the seller was made aware of this fact and did nothing. Now, tell me, why would it do any good to engage this seller further? I'll answer - it wouldn't.

TO GO AHEAD AND ACCUSE A GOOD EBAY SELLER OF PUTTING THIS DAGGER TOGETHER WITHOUT ANY VALID PROOF WHAT SO EVER IS NOT RIGHT IN MY BOOK..

Wrong. He is selling it, and the dagger is clearly cobbled. The onus is him to prove otherwise when he is hawking it in a public for sale forum as “STRAIGHT OUT OF A VET’S ESTATE!” and continued to do so when it was proved otherwise. DD Harris posted pictures of his blade. Every pit and stain matches. It is ridiculous to argue against this fact.

YES INDEED THE SELLER DID SAY THAT THE DAGGER WAS ACQUIRED OUT OF A VET'S ESTATE. I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE SELLER …

Are friends with him or do you know him? That would explain your motivation for attacking me for posting this thread of what he did. Even if will now claim you don’t know him from Adam, why didn’t you say you have contacted him up front in your first post?

THIS WAS WHAT THEY WERE PRESENTED WITH BY THE INDIVIDUAL WHO BROUGHT IT IN ALONG WITH DOCUMENTED INFORMATION ON THE VETERAN, WHETHER TRUE OR NOT. THAT WAS HOW THEY GOT IT AND THIS WAS HOW THEY SOLD IT.

How convenient. Sounds like a great defense. Blame some anonymous Third Party for putting the dagger together, and then claiming victimhood all at the same time.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE INVESTIGATED THE MATTER FURTHER BEFORE THEY PUT IT ON EBAY BUT THEY DID NOT BECAUSE THE DAGGER LOOKED 100% RIGHT AND THEY HAD NO REASON TO DOUBT ITS AUTHENTICITY. BEING A RING COLLECTOR MYSELF, MAYBE I SHOULD MENTION THE 4 FAKE RINGS THAT ARE CURRENTLY BEING ADVERTIZED ON A WELL KNOW GERMAN MILITARIA DEALER'S WEBSITE IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.

I don’t know or care about these rings you speak of. They are a non sequiter and are irrelevant to this discussion.

AND YES, YOU ALL KNOW HIM, GO LOOK AT THE GARBAGE FAKE RINGS HE'S GOT ON THERE, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. BUT THAT'S OK I GUESS, NO PROBLEM THERE, HE'S ALLOWED TO DO THAT ANYTIME ANYPLACE AND NO ONE OPENS THEIR MOUTH TO SAY A WORD…

More of the same. I don’t care about this ring scandal you are pushing, nor it is relevant to this thread.

(NOT TO MENTION THE PAIR OF TWO BS JOKE DAGGERS HE JUST SOLD) THIS IS TOTAL BS IF YOU ASK ME..

Yawn. Would you like to throw in the problems of the Estate Tax into this mix. How about the civil war in the Dafur region of the Sudan? Anything else to muddy this discussion?

AND YES I DID MENTION "MCF", STABSCHEF WAS RIGHT, PEOPLE ARE TALKING ON THERE,

Ummm—OK. I am supposed to be scared or something? “People are talking” here too. OK by you? Or are you the arbiter of free discussion on the planet?

THE SAD TRUTH FINALLY CAME OUT,

Yes, it did. You and your accomplices don’t look so good.

AGAIN, MAKES ME TOTALY SICK...

Ah, you finally said something now that makes sense.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/07/2006 01:47 AM
Borse

You rock....remind me NEVER to get onto a war of words with you...you know how to lay it down...good Job
Great job of refuting every ridiculous assertion made by this "New Player"??? here Borse.
BTW: I offering a reward of $19.95 to the person that can provide the real name and a picture of Old Marketplace. A mug shot would be sufficient. I'd offer more but frankly, he's not worth it!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Jim
quote:
More of the same. I don’t care about this ring scandal you are pushing, nor it is relevant to this thread.

(NOT TO MENTION THE PAIR OF TWO BS JOKE DAGGERS HE JUST SOLD) THIS IS TOTAL BS IF YOU ASK ME..

THAT'S OK I KNEW YOU WOUNDN'T CARE ANYWAY BUT OTHERS ON HERE MIGHT CARE ABOUT A PAIR OF MADE UP DAGGERS THAT SOLD FOR OVER $10,000.00 BY A DEALER FROM YOUR STATE. AND I'M ALSO SURE THAT MANY OTHERS ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE CARE TO KNOW ABOUT THE FAKE RINGS CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED RIGHT NOW AS ORIGINALS BY THE SAME DEALER. RINGS THAT WERE BEING SOLD BY MANIONS AND RIDDICK IN THE MID 90'S AS COPYS!!!

AS FAR AS THE TOPIC IN THIS THREAD IS CONCERNED, I SAID WHAT I HAD TO SAY AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. I'M DONE WITH THIS COMEDY SHOW.
The Forum members at GDC have no control whatsover over what any dealer sells on their site. If you think some dealer is selling made up daggers and fake rings why don't you make your charges public? Perhaps since the dealer in question lives in the same State you do you are reluctant to do so considering it's relatively easy to sue in the same State for defamation of character. Roll Eyes
The only joke I see on this Forum is you and your friends.

Attached picture post-1122-1123768800.gif
Posted By: Billy G. Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/08/2006 12:50 AM
Dude, your points notwithstanding, it's tough to take you seriously when you come here to defend someone who has been proven numerous times to be a known Eban faker taking advantage of newbies on Eban everyday.
Posted By: sdp Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/08/2006 09:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by sturmbrigade:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/08/2006 03:57 PM
Hey Reichsfuhrer, welcome back to the forum. I got done with this comedy show last week but could not resist responding after you came back. Now I see why you left for a while. As our good friend once said something to the tone of "this has turned into the HERE WE GO AGAIN FORUM", boy was he right then and is still right to this date. Nothing has changed on here, same old you know what... But I'm sure you knew that as well. BTW, I saw the two daggers and the rings
you mention, I know you can't publicly name the seller, but if those people are smart enough they can find out on their own, just like I did. And what a horror show that was...
You're right, the same rings from older Manions and Reddick catalogs. How pathetic!!!
Posted By: MichaelP Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/08/2006 05:41 PM
Hey Stabschef why dont you or your friend Reichfuhrer put your money where your mouth is and tell us where this dealer is instead of blabing as to deflamation of character??? so far Ive seen nothing from you but lip service, I am not a very experienced guy when it comes to collecting as some of the Guys on this site ( thats why I joined to get more) but even I could tell that the blade in question is the same but what gets me is you guys will not admit it that your friend was caught out Red Face
Satbschef/feldmarchall/Hugo why dont you stop with the smoke screen and address the actual matter of this thread - your mate and his direct vet estate purchase dagger. Tell me was the third party "oldmarket" pucrahsed the dagger off a deceased vetenarian by any chance?? That would be the only way the statement made in the ebay listing was even close to be the truth. Although i doubt he would know a lot about that. Your tired old attempts at mis-direction and dealear conspiracy theorys are really quite dull. What amuses me the most about yours and Reichsfurhers rantings are that you are both trying to defend/shill an obvious parts dagger by a "dealer". are you familiar with the phrase pot calling the kettle black at all?
As others in the thread have already stated put up or shut up.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/08/2006 10:55 PM
I'm thinkin' we may have a simple case of Sybil Syndrome....
Gentelmen:
Don't expect anything of real substance from that gang. When caught in the act they make the typical diversionary moves to distract everyones attention. This includes vague innuendo and unverifialbe claims that others are up to the same sort of antics as them as if this could justify their own actions.
We all need to be thankful that only a small percentage of the individuals in this hobby have these kind of ethics.
The important thing is to KEEP WATCH and expose questionable offerings whenever they turn up. The speed of the Internet and the efforts of members of Forums such as this one has actually made it easier to do this.
Jim
Posted By: -Kris- Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/09/2006 02:27 AM
Jim,

We all know 2 wrongs dont make a right and this schmuck got caught. But if it were a big dealer there would be no post as that is talk for the bar-room and kept quiet.

Vague innuendo? not if they called the pieces into question publicly and they are shown to be bad.

And keep watch over what? Ebay and these morons? and the others skate?. What about thier claims? you know as well as I do that all is not right in dagger land.

This topic blows, and I dont agree at all with thier practice, but lets not be hypocrites , as if they post thier vague innuendos and it was allowed to stay? they would not be vague now would they?.

I know im not a moderator butas far as I am concerned this topic has run its course, and I know if I opened up with pillow talk over what go's on this hobby, the perverbial crap would hit the fan. And I dont even collect daggers.

So, I think its obvious this guys a jerk, but if this does not stop? you all look foolish as the big guys are protected and everyone knows it.

If we are going to keep this topic, I suggest we all go web shopping and play find the screwed up pieces, and what fun that would be eh?.

Kris
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/09/2006 08:55 PM
quote:
If we are going to keep this topic, I suggest we all go web shopping and play find the screwed up pieces, and what fun that would be eh?.

Kris

I'll make it easy for you. The dealer is located in good old NJ. (Can't get any easier than that) Go to the rings section.

After you do that, make sure you read this GDC topic http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/740975...913050974#5913050974

And as far as the other rings, anyone that has an older Reddick catalog will recognize them, they were quality made in England with the 800 or 825 stamping.
Posted By: -Kris- Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/09/2006 10:15 PM
Stabschef,

What you defend on Fleabay is not by any means good buisness, and the seeling of parts on ebay is running rampant sometimes selling higher than the whole dagger would, so I would imagine all these parts are going somewhere.

However if your accusation is true, then I would deem it a legitimate post to link the item in question for opinion.

The funny thing is there are some big guns that say the ring is fake includeing Mr Wotka and Mr. Boyle. So is this the ring?. http://www.wwiidaggers.com/23978.htm

5K? Anyone care to opine?.

If its bad then I see no reason why it should not be posted, that is if we live by the ethical code that we squawk about. If everyone is going to apply ethical standards then they should be applied evenly, that is to avoid a double standard. I just love double standards.

Kris
"I saw these two daggers and rings"WHAT DAGGERS??
This is the dagger forum not a ring forum. If you've got some questionable daggers on someones elses site as you inferred above lets see them. Even though whatever you may come up with is just a diversionary tactic and in NO WAY excuses the ethics lapse exhibited by Oldmarketplace and his gang.
"I saw the two daggers and rings" What daggers?? I moved this to the top of the post so you'd be sure to see it.
Otherwise I think you should take your ring question up with the ring experts.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/10/2006 03:53 AM
everyone makes a mistake now and then, especially a dagger guru when it comes to a ring. When these first came out the run was very limited to get the most 'bang for the buck, many were sold for this kind of big bucks and put away with the collector thinking them real.. The ring is a fantasy piece......

This all looks like static anyway by a eBayer to cover up the lie about this blade...My good friend was set up right by D.D. and saw the purchase and recognized the buyer as one of the OMP crew..I'm not a dagger guy,,so I can't offer any opinion about the blade/knife combo,,BUT my friend is not a liar,,if he says he saw/recognized the guy purchasing the blade ,he did,,period,end of story...
Posted By: Stabschef Re: Seller "OldMarketPlace" dagger on E-Bay - 05/10/2006 04:24 PM
quote:
everyone makes a mistake now and then, especially a dagger guru

Oh really?? so how come its still out there advertised AS AN ORIGINAL for $4995.00!!!
And since he is a "dagger guru" as you say then I see no problem with this being brought up on both the dagger forum as well as the rings forum. At least the dagger OMP sold was an original "period" piece and NOT a "fantacy" piece of junk with a whopping price tag of $4995.00. So check this out:
http://www.wwiidaggers.com/SSHONOR.htm
Why don't you tell us specifically what dagger you're talking about? There's hundreds of daggers for sale on that site. I ask the same question here as I asked on the dagger forum. All you've done is demonstrate your continued attempt at diversion.
© Your new forums