UBB.threads
Posted By: Paloma_kid Expertise Needed - Imperial Fire Tunics? - 07/16/2007 01:11 PM
Were there ever any official tunics for fireman during the Imperial and Weimar era like there was during the Third Reich? If yes how much do they usually cost and does any one have a picture. Thanks!
Posted By: WWII Re: Expertise Needed - Imperial Fire Tunics? - 07/17/2007 08:55 AM
Paloma Kid,

I'd imagine there are many variants and patterns to be found in this area of interest, as much as the different German State police forces can be studuied and traced through their uniforms. Though I've never looked carefully into the subject, I'd imagine there may be some German language books available that details the uniforms and headgear... perhaps some of our members can tell us of some good foreign book websites?

Best of luck on your quest!

Bill
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Expertise Needed - Imperial Fire Tunics? - 08/04/2007 09:38 PM
We have one that we just acquired as part of an Imperial collection, because of the buttons,and loops for an EKI I believe it to be a Wiemar era piece that was carried over into the 3rd Reich.

Attached picture fire.jpg
Posted By: ORPO Re: Expertise Needed - Imperial Fire Tunics? - 08/21/2007 02:30 PM
Jerry,

Quite right that this is a Prussian Feuerwehr tunic that was carried over from the time of the Weimar Republic. Here is a similar one.

Attached picture FFW_tunic_side.JPG
© Your new forums